When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Smp Or Smp Bond?

watchman12345

Going to get either the omega SMP or the 007 version. Which would ye recommend?

Thanks!

Hi Watchman - I have exactly the same dilemma as you ! I have looked in the Omega section and I can't find a direct comparison betwen the two. I would be very interested if anyone has done one. The obvious differences are the dials (007s or wavy), the hour markers and the case backs but also, the writing above the 6 O'clock marker. Other than that, they appear to be virtually the same watch ! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why you would have a dilema here. If you are a particularly large Bond fan then that is your obvious choice. On the other hand if you do not care about Bond then why on Earth would you buy a watch with the Bond logo all over the damn thing?

You have no choice, only a simple question to ask; Do you like Bond?

Answer that and your decision has been made.

You have no choice, only a simple question to ask; Do you like Bond?

I disagree. There's no-one here into Bond more than me (except perhaps docblackrock :) )and I'm not particularly taken by buying the special edition watches over the standard counterparts, but that is because I want the watches worn in the movies.

Maybe ask yourself this -- if you were Bond, which would you wear, a classy sports watch, or a classy sports watch that has your 007 identification splashed all over it? If all secret agents had their id codes splashed over them, they wouldn't be particularly secret, would they?

I love the Bond movies but find the notion of having 007 logos splashed across my watch, or the new spiral pattern, a bit too much.

@ R1cco

and change the backcase....and clasp?....haha i'm not a fan of the new limited edition spiral dial POS, but the old school one was definitely out there!

Plus its worth alot more than the standard model when mint.

As a collection piece I'd have on in a minute, but I'd never wear it as it is far too cheesey!

Big fan of Bond - Edinburgh-related Connery mania and all - but the Bond-themed watches just don't do it for me.

That said, this talked-about Bond PO rep could make a complete hypocrite of me. :whistling:

I would be very torn, but I'd soon be dreaming of replacing the 007 hands with regular gen ones :Jumpy:

Actually - the idea of having just a Bond-themed caseback appeals to me! Oh, and it is only the second hand on the Bond PO that is different.

@ R1cco

and change the backcase....and clasp?....haha i'm not a fan of the new limited edition spiral dial POS, but the old school one was definitely out there!

Plus its worth alot more than the standard model when mint.

How can you call the new spiral dial limited edition 007 a POS - it's still an OMEGA and there are FAR WORSE looking watches out there (ie most ROLEXES !!).

:bicycle:

post-3819-1168899762_thumb.jpg

How can you call the new spiral dial limited edition 007 a POS - it's still an OMEGA and there are FAR WORSE looking watches out there (ie most ROLEXES !!).

:bicycle:

post-3819-1168899762_thumb.jpg

ohh you got me wrong...i meant the replica of the 007 spiral version. The genuine version of that is very nice, not the best design IMHO but definitely not POS..haha

the replica that the dealers are offering are a POS compared to the older limited edition replica.

hope that clears it up

ohh you got me wrong...i meant the replica of the 007 spiral version. The genuine version of that is very nice, not the best design IMHO but definitely not POS..haha

the replica that the dealers are offering are a POS compared to the older limited edition replica.

hope that clears it up

I'm with you on that ! The gen is not bad (for an Omega !) but as you say, not the best design - it's a little lacking compared with the others in the SMP family and you're dead right about the rep not being too clever ! - the spiral design on the rep is bright chrome type material whereas the spiral on the dial of the gen appears to be more subtle (I haven't seen "one in the flesh" so I'm going by the pics I have seen). The spiral on the rep is so "in yer face" that it masks the 007 on the second hand !

Being a real Omega fan though - I love em all !! :thumbsupsmileyanim: