When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch addiction

bluespower

I keep picturing myself walking into a room full of grizzled-looking chain smokers and saying, "Hello, my name is Paul and I'm a watchaholic ... "

Within the six months since I found RWG, I've filled my large Steinhausen box with wonderful pieces from our dealers and run up a large tab in the process. One of our dealers bought a boat and another is putting a downpayment on a vacation condo. My wife and older kids think I'm freakin' nuts. (My 6-year-old daughter doesn't judge me cause she likes playing with the chronos and rotating the bezels on my watches. She thinks the lumes are really cool, too. She's the only one who understands me ...)

Every time I feel like I'm hitting the end of the line - just one more watch, I tell myself - it pulls me back in. As soon as I order what I believe will be my last purchase for awhile, I'm already looking for my next acquisition. I'm hoarding money to buy watches. I cruise the dealers at work. I dream about watches. It's crazy.

Already, many of my purchases are getting lonely sitting in my box, although I do enjoy admiring them - like when I turn on the light in my closet at night, then shut it off and admire all their little glowing faces.

Does anyone else do this stuff? Am I nuts? Am I on the road to ruin? Am I going to hell? How much is enough? Will it ever stop? Will the watch monkey ever get off my back? How many watches do I need to sate my desire? Dozens? Hundreds?

Will .. I ... ever ... be .. satisfied??? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edited by bluespower

I think that in here you will find almost every member doing the same thing...

ordering watches & thinking of which one is going to be next is becoming pretty normal for all of us...

we are all crazy for "other" people, but we are quiet normal among us...because we understand each other...

and for the end...yes, you are a watch addict and it is a normal thing in here...

I am right with you...I buy one, my watch box gets full, I want another, wife threatens divorce....

I made a deal with my wife; if the box is full, no more. Unless I sell one. So I sold one :p

Now I just buy a watch, wear it, sell an old one, buy another...a viscious circle!

Birds of a feather...

My mailman is totally afraid of me,... he's a lazy bastard that always leaves the 'Missed You' notes

verses coming to my door...

I know his route by now, so he sees me tearing around the corner in my car, to box him in, that orange

piece of paper waving out the window in my hand,...or feels me creep up behind him as he enters another

yard, and plaster that note in his mug.. as I yell Gotcha !

I even chased dogs away from him just to be sure they didn't grab his bag....Jeeze I know it's crazy..

but I just can't help it..

Once, I located his truck but he was nowhere to be found,.... It took all my strength to keep from

going through his truck for my package ...

I've got three in transit pretty much at all times... Keeps me having something to look foreward to :D

The wife ? I have her totally confused now,.. she thinks I am coming out even or making a profit as

I trade my watches quite regular....and have totally removed her from the household accounts..

She now gets an Allowance :p ,.. I set her up by allowing her to run the finances for one month..

she went crazy and spent the whole thing in three days at the mall ... After that..she had no choice

but to let handle the money ... I just keep reminding her... "Remember that Time ?"

Give it a try.. it works like a charm :lol:

I feel your pain and share your questions, its a never ending saga isint it. My girlfriend says she is now competing for time with my watches, nonesense I say.. the watches are more important any day of the week :p Plus if we dont please the watch gods, bad things will happen :o

I am not sure why but I don't like putting away my latest purchases in the watch box. They seem to be forever cluttering my computer table so I can look at them from time to time along with all the various straps and brown envelopes that have been cut open and forgotten about, :wub: I call it RWG messy table syndrome

post-157-1143823862_thumb.jpg

Edited by exper

Best solution --> Commit to wearing each watch at least once a month. Of course you may end up wearing one watch to read the paper on Saturday/Sunday morning, a second while doing chores, a third after you've cleaned up again, and perhaps a fourth if you're going out on the town. But watches exist to keep time and be worn. I'm at a stage now where one factor in every new purchase is the impact it will have on my ability to wear each one at some point during the month.

I feel your pain and share your questions, its a never ending saga isint it. My girlfriend says she is now competing for time with my watches, nonesense I say.. the watches are more important any day of the week :p Plus if we dont please the watch gods, bad things will happen :o

I am not sure why but I don't like putting away my latest purchases in the watch box. They seem to be forever cluttering my computer table so I can look at them from time to time along with all the various straps and brown envelopes that have been cut open and forgotten about, :wub: I call it RWG messy table syndrome

Well she has to go for sure!! (hope she dosn't read this!!)

I think that in here you will find almost every member doing the same thing...

ordering watches & thinking of which one is going to be next is becoming pretty normal for all of us...

we are all crazy for "other" people, but we are quiet normal among us...because we understand each other...

and for the end...yes, you are a watch addict and it is a normal thing in here...

Very Well Said.....l ;)B)

Join the club, I'm virtually bankrupt because of watches, and everyone thinks i am crazy to spend more than $50 on a watch! I get addicted to things, and all of this is filling that void since i broke up with my ex a couple of years ago :(

Nice topic... and nice said here....anyway...Me too dont really like the idea to put my watches in the closet n box...I like them to hang around me all the time...and I always put it on the computer table too...I like to admire them .. and for me I will wear every of my watches ...definitely every month...but usually wat I do is I will wear 1 watch in the morning...and afternoon if im goin out i will wear another one that i feel like it ..and at night i wear a different one...and thenext day ..i will do the same ...different watches tho...

but now ...the only days i can do this on Saturday and sunday...

so enjoy your watches this weekend and have a nicee weekend ...

cheers

Birds of a feather...

My mailman is totally afraid of me,... he's a lazy bastard that always leaves the 'Missed You' notes

verses coming to my door...

I know his route by now, so he sees me tearing around the corner in my car, to box him in, that orange

piece of paper waving out the window in my hand,...or feels me creep up behind him as he enters another

yard, and plaster that note in his mug.. as I yell Gotcha !

I even chased dogs away from him just to be sure they didn't grab his bag....Jeeze I know it's crazy..

but I just can't help it..

Once, I located his truck but he was nowhere to be found,.... It took all my strength to keep from

going through his truck for my package ...

Amazing. That sounds EXACTLY like my relationship with my mailman! Only, mine isn't ascared of me, he's ascared of my dogs. One of my dogs once busted through a kitchen window trying to "get" him. This mailman is such a nice guy that he WAITED (in the street, though) for me to get home because he was worried that my dog would try to climb through the broken window and cut himself. I almost cried. (I said 'almost.') I give him cash at Christmas, but I'm thinking about giving him a nice Rep next season. Is that wrong?