When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch From Joshua Held By German Customs

t

It is a sh*t :wallbash:

Sorry for you man. You will need to use PT...

PT hasn´t the watches what i like.

TTK has watches what i like and could send also from UK... but it is more difficult to contact TTK as President Bush :cowboy:

Edited by tourbillon1801

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tourbillon1801: which country did your order come from ?

Sorry to hear that, at least bloody panerai will see how good the reps are and that there are people who realised that their watches are highly overpriced for the movement and quality they offer (and they go for reps) ! A gen pam base model is AT MOST worth 1k USD. All the rest is the looks. No discussion about that. Firms like Rolex may dare to demand high prices bc of their inhouse movements and long innovative tradition (i am no Rolex fan by the way) but Panerai, sorry no.

Thanks god we Europeans have PT :)

well just to clarify: it is not illegal in all Countries to by fake goods - selling is a different story. Germany in particular has no law against buying counterfit goods, but against selling them.

It also sounds unbelievable that German Customs would open the package without your presence - that is illegal!! They are supposed to have you come in a opne the package in your presence

well just to clarify: it is not illegal in all Countries to by fake goods - selling is a different story. Germany in particular has no law against buying counterfit goods, but against selling them.

It also sounds unbelievable that German Customs would open the package without your presence - that is illegal!! They are supposed to have you come in a opne the package in your presence

I totally agree...opening can turn into a problem for them let alone sending it to Panerai. Never heard such a thing before =/

I totally agree...opening can turn into a problem for them let alone sending it to Panerai. Never heard such a thing before =/

DHL parcels goes from frankfurt to your local customs and you open your parcel at local customs... but if your parcel is shipped by fedex.. it sucks.

i have same experience with rlx watch 3 years ago. Same story... also with fedex. Customs has send the watch to rlx company for check up and i got a nice letter from rlx company... very nice letter :thumbdown:

Edited by tourbillon1801

I can't believe that this is true. I once sent a generic 6263 case to a buyer in Germany, using the USPS. (By "generic", I mean that the case had no engravings, or other markings...there was not even a logo on the crown). After about 2 months, the package came back to me, looking like it had been chewed by a pack of rabid dogs, and run over by a garbage truck. It had been cut open and resealed. Inside, along with the case, there was a note that I translated to mean "this item violates German trademark laws"...or something like that. Luckily the case was returned, and undamaged. Germany definitely has the tightest ass of any country I've shipped to (in Italy, they just steal the packages, or extort the recipient).

Here in the US, the customs agent are free to open your packages. The last time I ordered from DW, the box was surgically opened, and resealed with tape saying "this package has been inspected by US Customs".

Hi guys, I am from Guatemala (Central America) and I was wondering if Josh sends the pack with any invoice?? I hate customs here in my country. They might think its a real one and make me pay taxes for the gen watch price!

I want to buy 4 watches (Seamaster Chrono, PO 45.5mm, PO 42.5mm and Constellation). But it scares me a lot if Josh doesen't send a note with the price!

MAYBE HE COULD WRITE THEY ARE USED WATCHES!?!?!?! this might be a good idea, dont you think?

Anybody can tell me how he sends the watches???

Edited by Diego

So what criteria does customs use to decide on what package to open? Also, how does customs know what is 'fake' and what is gen? Do they have in-house watch/jewelry experts on hand to inspect these items?

I could see them being suspicious if a package contained two or more Rolex's, Omega's, etc. But I don't understand what they are using to justify a 'concern' that a watch might be a rep, unless they have a Rolex, Omega, etc representative on-site to say with authority that the watch isn't genuine. It can't just be some customs grunt worker, can it?

So what criteria does customs use to decide on what package to open? Also, how does customs know what is 'fake' and what is gen? Do they have in-house watch/jewelry experts on hand to inspect these items?

I could see them being suspicious if a package contained two or more Rolex's, Omega's, etc. But I don't understand what they are using to justify a 'concern' that a watch might be a rep, unless they have a Rolex, Omega, etc representative on-site to say with authority that the watch isn't genuine. It can't just be some customs grunt worker, can it?

costums know that a genuine watch don´t cost $20 like in the description. And customs send the watch to the company (rlx, omega, iwc, pam etc etc). And if the company say: it´s a fake... customs will demolish your watch. If the company say: it´s genuine. Customs want much taxes from you.

I had a VC Overseas seized by German customs in Colgne. Shipped by

Trusty in a plain package. They did not have a phone number, so it

just sat there until I called. Then I was informed that they seized the

item because it appeared to be worth more than stated on the label

(approx. $ 6). So I cautiously asked what they thouhgt it was worth.

They said more like $ 60. I could not believe it. I told them I would

cover the additional taxes.

Had it been a Rolex, they would have surely identified it as fake, but

I guess they simply weren't that familiar with Vacheron Constantin.

Finally they delivered without claiming the additional tax. So apart from

the delay it was a perfect transaction. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am expecting a watch from the USA by Global Prioriy Mail (said to take 4-6 days).

Now its the 10th day and i didn't hear anything from customs or my watch...

same here - but 14 days from HK - welcome to the club :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for a fiddy from Davidson. Item arrived before 7 days to my country (switzerland). since then the tracking state didn't changed :-( I think they have found the watch...

same again - fiddy from Davidson - but to Germany .... :animal_rooster:

sadly the HK-Post tracking is useless ...

Really? Did you called the customs? Maybe they know him :-)

When i track the shipping on the swiss post page i only get this state:

internationale Sendung

Hongkong > Schweiz

Datum Zeit Ereignis

10.1.2007 10:04 Ankunft Grenzstelle Bestimmungsland

What does the german tracking say for your order??

same again - fiddy from Davidson - but to Germany .... :animal_rooster:

sadly the HK-Post tracking is useless ...

internationale Sendung

Hongkong > Schweiz

Datum Zeit Ereignis

this is what i see :

Destination - Germany

The item (RAXXXXXXXHK) departed Hong Kong for its destination on 4-Jan-2007

german tracking - i guess its dhl says unknown ... LOL

I'm waiting for a fiddy from Davidson. Item arrived before 7 days to my country (switzerland). since then the tracking state didn't changed :-( I think they have found the watch...

willcome to the club

i think PAM has start a new customs offensive. It is ubnormal that so much PAM watches were held buy customs in this time???

I have read in ebay.com forums....

It seems the german customs have longer and longer delay times...

someone called there... reason: PRODUCT PIRACY

i already consider the watch somehow as lost FFS

i somehow start hating my own country..

bad news... customs will sucks us all

bad omen :bicycle:

internationale Sendung

Hongkong > Schweiz

Datum Zeit Ereignis

sorry friend, but you lost your watch. Tracking status never say: held by customs.

my tracking status says: delay

but call your courier: they will told you that customs don´t get it free

Edited by tourbillon1801

Sad to hear that. The US must be a lot loose at least so far. But if those of us keep showing off their reps to ADs, I bet the US or any other countries' customs will become tight too. That's why I said "keep it to ourselves, don't brag".

It doesn't matter...All of the manufacturers are perfectly aware of everything that's going on with reps. Shoot...RWG pops up near the top of most watch related Google searches that I do...

bad news

my watch is lost

customs told me that the watch is a fake and they has send it to panerai company :thumbdown:

thank all guys for your help

warm regards

tourby

Sorry to hear that tourb!!

The customs will black-list you as "bad" addressee for the future.

A guy i know had same probs...

I wrote you somethin before about this issue and about "my way" solving upcoming

problems with german customs.

If youre interessted PM me... somethin like this wont happen again.

Regards George