When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch From Joshua Held By German Customs

t

it is in all countrys illegal to buy fake watches... not only in germany

i hope panerai don´t make much trouble. Maybe they send me a warning...

i never order a new watch... i will no more customs problems... it is to much risk

if Joshua refund my money i were happy. If not it is ok (it isn´t Josh´s problem, it is my problem)... and i learn from this story.

fedex is very bad in germany... i have 2 times held a parcel from customs with fedex shipping. A friend has also lost one parcel from fedex by customs...

Not illegal in the USA to purchase only to sell like the scam sites are doing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm. lost my shipment with aftermarket parts before x-mas, too. They seem to check every single

shipment now...

hello,

no, i can´t imagine that they do this. maybe the package wasn´t declared. if you ship out a international package and don´t declare what´s in it, the custom often will open it.

don´t know what´s this all about. maybe whe should wait and see what the future brings....

best wishes

It is not illegal to purchse or own replica merchandise in Canada. The sale is illegal however. All prosecutions in Canada have been for the sale of counterfits. The purchase of counterfit items falls under copyright law and counterfit items can be seized by customs. The buyer can not be prosecuted. Rather, it would be up to the copyright holder to take civil action against a buyer. I am in Canada and have recieved watches from Josh that customs has inspected and allowed through.

Advice to all: Do not use Fedex or UPS as they will inspect and report counterfit items to Customs agents. It is likely Fedex that caused your probelms by reporting the watch to be counterfit to customs. Regular mail provides the best option for shipping replicas. Good luck in the future!

it is in all countrys illegal to buy fake watches... not only in germany

i hope panerai don´t make much trouble. Maybe they send me a warning...

i never order a new watch... i will no more customs problems... it is to much risk

if Joshua refund my money i were happy. If not it is ok (it isn´t Josh´s problem, it is my problem)... and i learn from this story.

fedex is very bad in germany... i have 2 times held a parcel from customs with fedex shipping. A friend has also lost one parcel from fedex by customs...

okay - all German members can relax a bit -

my pam came today after 15 days on the air....

it was checket by the German customs -

package was open - watch was checked

and lousy repacked .... i guess not all customs know Panerai.

i learned my lesson - will see if i order outside EU again ;)

Frank

btw - im an idiot - i wanted a fiddy - and ordered a 217 - was a nice surprise when i opened the package LOL

Just turn it around, hehe! :whistling: Just kidding. But believe me. Since I ordered my 239 I am loving these ergonomic left-handed watches. Give it a try. Otherwise send me a pm probably I will take it :D

The contents of this thread is causing my irritable bowel syndrome to kick in, some collectors like me will no doubt be thinking about stopping their hobby before they get caught.

Perhaps the forum is too high profile at the moment and is too easily infiltrated by the opposition.

The contents of this thread is causing my irritable bowel syndrome to kick in, some collectors like me will no doubt be thinking about stopping their hobby before they get caught.

Perhaps the forum is too high profile at the moment and is too easily infiltrated by the opposition.

Which brings me to a question regarding shipping (specifically to the US)... Say if we did request a watch, and it was stopped by customs... can't we deny the whole thing and not reply to the letter that customs sends to us? Whats the worse that can happen? Whats the penalty for getting rep watches in the US?

I also agree with you on that one, we truely need to go be more low key espically on search engines and so on...

Edited by BMWrolex

Which brings me to a question regarding shipping (specifically to the US)... Say if we did request a watch, and it was stopped by customs... can't we deny the whole thing and not reply to the letter that customs sends to us? Whats the worse that can happen? Whats the penalty for getting rep watches in the US?

I also agree with you on that one, we truely need to go be more low key espically on search engines and so on...

I had one watch seized by customs a few years ago (shipping from Portugal) and got the 'letter'. IIRC, the letter stated that if I didn't reply that the watch would be destroyed (which I didn't, so I assume it was). So I don't think there is any concern about getting "busted" for buying a rep. Selling, yes. Buying? Not so much.

Hi!

Just one "silly" question... :

Why don´t you tell customs you never have ordered any watch... the customs have to send it back to where it came from (you should have told the dealer to write a correct senders adress on package) and the dealer will re-send it???!! :victory:

This is what I read in a lot of threads concerning german customs!

By the way: I am a proud and happy precioustime customer AND:

PT told me (quote!) :" If there is a rep of it and if any dealer has it I CAN GET IT FOR YOU" (except mbw for sure..)

So look for your watch on sites like Joshua, TTK, Trusty,..., and buy without risks from PT :thumbsupsmileyanim:

PT´s prices are fair!

Regards, Ingo (Germany)

Edited by Ingo

If customs held your watch and idfentify it as a FAKE... they will NEVER send it back to the seller. They will send it to company or will demolish it. Do you think the brand names spend so much money to customs for free???

NO OTHER WAY

PT is a nice dealer... and nice to hear that you have good experiences with him. But all users has his other favorite dealer. And if you sometime has a problem, and your favorite dealer are not correct, you will go to other dealer. I have dealed with all Dealers here on RWG. Somtime good experiences, sometime bad experiences. But you will never hear from bad experiences on Forum. Mostly people are afraid for dealers...

i have dealed with PT more times... bought total 11 watches from him. But my last 2 daytonas are not working. The refund watches also not working??? $350 FOR NONE WORKING WATCH... So i never ordered again from him. But maybe i will do it again. I think i have bought 2-3 bad watches from him, but also 8 nice watches. If you buy 10 watches from any dealer... 2 will be in bad condition... from all dealers. I have bought from all.

Edited by tourbillon1801

I hate also customs, and I am trying to find a dealer in some EU country. I have tried to buy from PT, but He do not sell to me anything. I have no idea why. I have not had any problems with any other dealers. I have used Joshua & Andrew, who are gentlemen and friendly dealers with good aftermarketing.

So let´s sum up:

tourbillon1801, you dealt with PT, Daytona (they usually don´t work, do they?? :wounded1: ) didn´t work, PT refunded it and ok, the new one (still a Daytona which won´t work ever) does not work either.

What did yo do? Refund again? Despaired? You kept it and did nothing? Why? What did PT tell you when second Daytona still didn´t work?

My experiences with very polite and friendly PT make me believe he would have helped you another time!

>Schreib doch mal eine PM, was los war!!<

And Cosmo... every, really every time I contacted PT he answered immediately and very nice!

And I AM NOT his best customer, not even close to this!

I don´t want to raise PT to heaven or elswhere but by experiences are very good and he really can get any watch for you, this is a great advantage!

Regards, Ingo, Germany

Edited by Ingo

So let´s sum up:

tourbillon1801, you dealt with PT, Daytona (they usually don´t work, do they?? :wounded1: ) didn´t work, PT refunded it and ok, the new one (still a Daytona which won´t work ever) does not work either.

What did yo do? Refund again? Despaired? You kept it and did nothing? Why? What did PT tell you when second Daytona still didn´t work?

My experiences with very polite and friendly PT make me believe he would have helped you another time!

>Schreib doch mal eine PM, was los war!!<

And Cosmo... every, really every time I contacted PT he answered immediately and very nice!

And I AM NOT his best customer, not even close to this!

I don´t want to raise PT to heaven or elswhere but by experiences are very good and he really can get any watch for you, this is a great advantage!

Regards, Ingo, Germany

dear Ingo

i never told, that PT or Joshua are bad dealers or bad persons. I have deal with PT and he has send me lot of nice watches without problems. But my last experinces was bad. You are right, i must refund the watch 2nd time to PT and waiting for result. But i have wait 4 weeks for this watch (he hasn´t on stock) and have wait 6 weeks for refund watch. And it is also none-working. All in all 10 weeks for a watch and it´s not work. Sorry i am to lazy to send it again for a refund. I work 10-12 hours a day and have not the time for so much trouble. What should i say? Hey PT my watch don´t work again and again and again? It would be a never ending story. And i hate never ending storys. It is not PT´s fault... 50% of all new daytonas are none-working and demaged after few days. It was bad luck.

Joshua has send me a watch. The watch arrived savely without customs problems. But watch has a defect (glass, case) so i have order a new watch. I wouldn´t send the watch for repair, because it takes to long time. I have need this watch for a gift and need it fast. So i have order a new watch. 2nd watch held by customs. It is not Joshuas fault. It is possible that your watch could held by german customs. It was bad luck.

bad luck... not bad dealers.

my thread is not to criticize any dealer here. I have ask for german users with similar customs problems and ask for a tip/advice, what i can do. NO MORE.

regards

Edited by tourbillon1801