When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group Buy From Jimmyzfu?

sssurfer

Jimmyzfu is selling out a bunch of 50 crystals for 44mm PAM on ebay at less than $5 each: LINK

These are not sapphire. As I explained in another thread, they are top-quality mineral glass. Differently from Jimmy's previous crystals, these have no AR coating as well (I directly asked Jimmy).

Still, at less than $5 each I feel they are a good deal. Just, a 50 pieces batch is oversized to my needs (I would need 10 or so).

Anyone here interested in a group buy on these crystals?

Thanks, Thor!

Anyone interested pls declare how many pieces he wants. :)

If we reach a decent number I may ask Jimmy about his price even on less than 50 pieces.

(To sell them as singles he asked $22 /ea shipped, that is waaaay overpriced...)

wow, two posts left to 1000!

I would suggest trying to buy them all. I have been buying out his inventory on a number of other parts Jimmy is in the process of liquidating. You get a much better price when you offer to clean him out. You might try offering $200 or something like that for the balance of the crystals. I was able to buy the remainder of some of his items from him at less than his price on Ebay. And no pm's about crownguards and rubber sleeves please. :lol: THey are long since spoken for.

Thank goodness Jimmy changed the listing. I received this "sapphire with AR" piece a month ago and promptly returned it declaring it glass with no AR. Plus it didn't fit my casing. Too big even with the silicone or rubber lining removed. I was refunded with no problems.

He said his distributor assured him it was genuine sapphire, so I can only imagine that Jimmy ripped that guy a new hole. His new batch should be alot better, once he sells these ones all off.

Too late folks, they are gone. :(

Thanks all anyway.

Jimmy just offered another set for the same price :lol:

Have just seen at a forum about Pokerchips that they use spreadsheets from google for their group buys... seems an great idea:

Click here

Maybe someone is willing to create a spreadsheet for this grouporder... i'm not familar with the english excel terms ai i only use the german version...

Great idea, Thor!

I'll try to use that spreadsheet as soon as I get acquainted with it.

In the meanwhile, anyone interested to add his name and nr of wanted pieces here is welcome.

Even better, this new batch from Jimmy is 40 pieces (instead of 50)! So we are just 17-18 pieces away from our goal. :)

I'm sure we'll get 40 together as this price it is a really beater :whistling:

Great to hear you'll take care about the spreadsheet :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'll take one definitely - let me know how its done if we make up the numbers.

Marco-

I am good for five. I have no idea whether they will work but at that price - who cares. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Is someone going to buy these and then distribute?

Yeah... i would say when we got interests for 35 crystals one of us will buy them and send them out to the other members...

An suggestion of mine would be:

That the lot will be shipped where the most crystals are needed... Europe/USA/Australia to safe shipping costs. Afterwards a lot per continet should be sent to an trusted member involved in this deal who's willing to forward the crystal to other buyers... if we are only a small group of buyers i would suggest to ship the crystals directly...

My 2cts

So we are at:

Thor: 4

avitt: 3

chieftang: 5

Tom: 1

kruzer00: 5

olga: 2

sssurfer: 10

Total: 30

What do you think about I ask Jimmy to sell 30 pieces at $150 + s/h?

s/h from Jimmy to my country is $18. So, the final price to all members would be 168/30 = $5.6/ea (+ s/h from here).

If this is ok to you, gimme your green light and I'll enquire Jimmy.

Should any other member offer to make the buy and the shippings to the other buyers, he is welcome.

Actually, I bought one of the 'previous' crystals from Jimmy and I could touch with my hands its quality (even if not sapphire as declared). Harder to scratch than ordinary glass, rich in heavy metal, and completely free from inclusions -- differently from, e.g., the crystals that x-jewelry was once selling on eBay @ about $10.

(BTW, it now is on my 028A while waiting for a sapphire replacement for the crystal that my watchsmith ruined, and it is working great).

I feel that missing this occasion at this price would be a shame.

So we are at:

Thor: 4

avitt: 3

chieftang: 5

Tom: 1

kruzer00: 5

olga: 2

sssurfer: 10

Total: 30

What do you think about I ask Jimmy to sell 30 pieces at $150 + s/h?

s/h from Jimmy to Italy is $18. So, the final price to all members would be 168/30 = $5.6/ea (+ s/h from Italy).

If this is ok to you, gimme your green light and I'll enquire Jimmy.

Should any other member offer to make the buy and the shippings to the other buyers, he is welcome.

Actually, I bought one of the 'previous' crystals from Jimmy and I could touch with my hands its quality (even if not sapphire as declared). Harder to scratch than ordinary glass, rich in heavy metal, and completely free from inclusions -- differently from, e.g., the crystals that x-jewelry was once selling on eBay @ about $10.

(BTW, it now is on my 028A while waiting for a sapphire replacement for the crystal that my watchsmith ruined, and it is working great).

I feel that missing this occasion at this price would be a shame.

30 crystals is a good number so far...ask Jimmy if he's willing to sell 30 - if not i'll take additional 5 so we have 35... i'm sure the 5 crystals left could be sold easy within the next time... if the interest is higher than the 5 crystal we have left than my additional 5 crystals could be shared within the interested parties... hope this helps to do the deal

30 crystals is a good number so far...ask Jimmy if he's willing to sell 30 - if not i'll take additional 5 so we have 35... i'm sure the 5 crystals left could be sold easy within the next time... if the interest is higher than the 5 crystal we have left than my additional 5 crystals could be shared within the interested parties... hope this helps to do the deal

I asked Jimmy right now and I'll inform you as soon as I get his reply.

If he does not agree, I'll take the remaining 5.

Thanks Thor

sss

Marco-

I suspect he may sell 40 for the price of 35 anyhow. Email him (off of ebay). Here is his email:

jimmyzfu@yahoo.com

On all the other items I bought from him I offered less than the ask for his remaining pieces and he took it. No ebay fees for him that way. :)

Oops... too late, I'm afraid... :(

I already contacted him off of eBay.

Thanks anyway, Warren. Let's see the outcome of this all. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Done. Jimmy agreed on 30 pieces @ 150+18 USD and I just paypalled him.

As soon as I receive the crystals I'll post it here and I'll advice you individually via PM.

It might be a good idea to give me your email address (via email or PM), just in case RWG will be offline at that time.

Thanks all, I think we made a deal.