When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thanks To Norwegian Members!

sydneysider

Norwegian news yesterday:

"Reports from the crime scene indicate that the young norwegian was murdered in a most horrific way.

An Australian man was apprehended at the scene screaming: "It was MY chapstick you thieving bastard! 12 years, and I didn't forget!!!" over and over."

He was said to be wearing a nice watch.

;)

BTW: Happy to help, Robbie :)

"Reports from the crime scene indicate that the young norwegian was murdered in a most horrific way.

An Australian man was apprehended at the scene screaming: "It was MY chapstick you thieving bastard! 12 years, and I didn't forget!!!" over and over."

Knocked me off the couch, thanks!

:lol::D:lol:

;)

BTW: Happy to help, Robbie :)

:lol::lol:

yes....sadly, it was me.

i am now writing from the SKÄLDEFRÖ prison in the outskirts of Oslo. They are treating me alright, but the food really sucks!whats up with all this SMÖRREBRÖ? dont they ever eat anything warm in this country?

The chapstick was an old family heirloom, passed on from one generation to the next! That f$(&/(ing bastard!!!!!!

no, thanks alot again!

Brødskiver Sjef..vi har niste, matpakke, brødmat, snitter og slikt....men man må til Danmark for å få virkelige "smørrebrød" :)

Literally translated, smørrebrød means "spread [on] bread", and the "spread" is generally laid on to a piece of buttered rye bread (rugbrød), a dense, black bread with many seeds. Pålæg, the topping, then among others can refer to commercial or homemade cold cuts, pieces of meat or fish, cheese or spreads.

This is essentially the base on which the art of the famous Danish open sandwich, smørrebrød is created: A slice or two of pålæg is placed on the buttered bread, and then pyntet (decorated) with the right accompaniments, to create a tasty and visually appealing food item.

Some traditional examples include:

Dyrlægens natmad (translated, Veterinarian's midnight snack) -- On a piece of dark rye bread, a layer of liver paté (leverpostej), topped with a slice of corned beef (salt kød) and a slice of meat aspic (sky). This is all decorated with raw onion rings and cress. :wub:

i studied in copenhagen for a semester and lived with a danish family; my favorite smørrebrød was dark rye bread, liver paté, topped with cucumber. for an american, it was definitely different lunchtime fare, but strangely good.

any brøndby if fans here?

dt

Brødskiver Sjef..vi har niste, matpakke, brødmat, snitter og slikt....men man må til Danmark for å få virkelige "smørrebrød" :)

Literally translated, smørrebrød means "spread [on] bread", and the "spread" is generally laid on to a piece of buttered rye bread (rugbrød), a dense, black bread with many seeds. Pålæg, the topping, then among others can refer to commercial or homemade cold cuts, pieces of meat or fish, cheese or spreads.

This is essentially the base on which the art of the famous Danish open sandwich, smørrebrød is created: A slice or two of pålæg is placed on the buttered bread, and then pyntet (decorated) with the right accompaniments, to create a tasty and visually appealing food item.

Some traditional examples include:

Dyrlægens natmad (translated, Veterinarian's midnight snack) -- On a piece of dark rye bread, a layer of liver paté (leverpostej), topped with a slice of corned beef (salt kød) and a slice of meat aspic (sky). This is all decorated with raw onion rings and cress. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
i studied in copenhagen for a semester and lived with a danish family; my favorite smørrebrød was dark rye bread, liver paté, topped with cucumber. for an american, it was definitely different lunchtime fare, but strangely good.

any brøndby if fans here?

dt

I went to Copenhagen last year for New Year's Eve, 2nd time I'd been in Denmark. Liked it :)

I would love to go back, if even for a weekend.

I'm not a Brøndby fan, but Liverpool transferred their defender Daniel Agger last January. Looks a pretty good player who seems to be replacing the great (but ageing) Finn and former Liverpool captain Sami Hyppia.