When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph Tachymeter

hupholland

OK here we go:

look and feel: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

finish: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

rubber strap: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

deployment strap: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dial: very good and sharp, little blur on subdial ring (only with loupe) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hands: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Date allignment: little bit off <_<

Engraving: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Engraving rotor: letters U and C bit blurred: <_<

Movement: a bit slow, see what happens in a few days <_<

Build quality: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Overall impression: :yahoo:

Advise: MUST HAVE!

Edited by hupholland

Got mine yesterday,

With more than 40 reps bought on the last 2 years, I can tell you this one is on my top 5

The only way you can see the subdial edge is with a loupe or a microscope

The date alignment is a bit of but not worse then other replicas

This watch is a 100% sport watch so a rubber strap is a must have

Thanks Sr. vmena for taking care of the group buy

You too interested Pug?

Yes I am. Since I saw this one in a TAG shop and saw how it looked being worn in the film Crank (or GTA3, the Movie as I call it) I decided it was the one for me. The red is a little too harsh, maybe. I mean I'd wear it if I had it, but I think the silver is better.

186820-5703.jpg

Yes I am. Since I saw this one in a TAG shop and saw how it looked being worn in the film Crank (or GTA3, the Movie as I call it) I decided it was the one for me. The red is a little too harsh, maybe. I mean I'd wear it if I had it, but I think the silver is better.

186821-5702.jpg

this is one of 2 TAGs that I like - the other one would be the TAG Monaco (Steve McQueen edition)

I got my King group buy Carerra the other day and it is just OK.

The chronos work and reset perfectly, and the date seems to be centered just right. It also keeps decent time so far.

However, the silver bars on the dial at 10 and 11 o'clock are shorter than they should be. Looks like they might be the shorter bars that are used at 3 and 9 o'clock.

I'm a little disappointed but not enough to risk sending it back or to spend any more money on it. I also have a Tag Link chrono from Joshua where the small hours subdial doesn't reset properly and I'm just living with that too. Neither one is worth spending the money to ship back and risk having it get lost, etc.

I think those will be the only two pricier reps I'll buy. I don't mind too much if a $80 rep has problems but for $230+ there shouldn't be such issues.

Don't you really like Aquaracer chronos and Carrera Twin time??!! I can't believe.

The Aquaracer Chronos are nice too but I would really like the 2000 Aquagraph, I doubt though that they will be able to rep the 2000 Aquagraph with the large minute stop hand. The Twintime's are OK but not a must have for me...

That sucks...no doubt the dial should be different.

You can try to contact King for a replacement or a new dial if you can't live with that faulty dial.

I have no idea how to contact King. I just happened to hop in on the group buy that vmena set up. He did all the communicating. I don't want to send the watch back, maybe she might be willing to send me a new dial, but then I have to find someone who can change it for me.

Here's a picture. Not the best photo but you can see what I am talking about. Look at the 10 and 11 o'clock markers compared to 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, & 8 o'clock...

I'd ask for a replacement dial for that. I wouldn't wear that watch like that. mine doesn't have the same issue and in fact looks practically like the gen except for the date font.

187219-5612.jpg

I like it very much too

I think its the same that Alonso wears know he is in McLaren Mercedes

Anyway if a dealer will bring it I ll take it