When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$1.500 For A Pam Vintage Strap

t

yeah, ive seen that before, this is crazy. I mean whats so special about this particular strap? is it real gold stitched or what? I understand that the vintage old leather is a must have item for every pam lover, but for gods sake... :(

Id never ever spend so much on one particular strap :/

This reminds me of a story of a guy that had a pet chicken. Turns out he won the lottery while this chicken was on his shoulder. He started thinking it was some type of lucky chicken and convinced others of this,,,,he ended up selling the chicken's crap for decent amounts of money to people. Now, I'm not saying an old panerai strap is the same as chicken crap,,,,,,,,,,,but

(I'm not sure this story is true but is in a book called "why smart people believe weird things")

See, here's why I don't think it's true: If he won the lottery, why would he start a career as a shit-shoveler?

@Scoop

I would expect better word chose from you...

The guy obviously wasn't a Shit "Shoveller"...

But a Shit Peddler...

Gees Louise...

Some people...

:lol:

TT

PS: It's Shoveler...

PS: It's Shoveler...

It's both, but thanks for playing. :D

:2a:

shoveler |ˈ sh əv(ə)lər| ( chiefly Brit. shoveller) noun

1 a person or thing that shovels something.

2 a dabbling duck with a long broad bill. • Genus Anas, family Anatidae: four species, in particular A. clypeata of Eurasia and North America. [ORIGIN: late Middle English (denoting a spoonbill): alteration of earlier shovelard, from shovel , perhaps influenced by mallard.]

Being British, I use the British English spelling.

That is a insult to poverty.

At that price that strap should be made of pussy skin -- and of a rare one too.

That is a insult to poverty.

Why? Poor people don't own Panerais.

The strap is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, and that's apparently a lot. Should a Jackson Pollock painting only be worth a few quid because he did it in an afternoon? It's like rare first print books, are they also an insult to poverty?

Why? Poor people don't own Panerais.

The strap is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, and that's apparently a lot. Should a Jackson Pollock painting only be worth a few quid because he did it in an afternoon? It's like rare first print books, are they also an insult to poverty?

Yes.

It is of course totally crazy to pay such an amount for a leather strap. But on the other hand, the buyer probaly owns a matching watch from the same time period. I am dont know the price level on those watches but I would guess around 50 000 usd but I guess it could also be twice as much. Considering that, it all of a sudden makes sense to spend 2% on a correct strap.

The price is ok if you consider that only the genuine GPF buckle like this go for 500 euros ;)

I personally dont have that amount money and I believe other straps are by far more interesting BUT the price is OK..

The vintage Pams are now 50.000USD and they literally most of them don't worth even the 1/100 of that price.

It's the HISTORY, RARITY, and exclusivity that makes the price.