When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trip to Italy-Watch report

Estaban

Got back yesterday. Had a great time. Had a bit of time to watch hunt and here's what I found:

Panerai-Out of favor. Didn't see anyone wearing one (except one American tourist).

Was treated with respect by jewelers while wearing my 196 and here's what I tried on:

Anonimo: Panerai style watch that comes from ex-Panerai designers. Sharp. Cool crown guard mech. Reasonably priced

Hublot Big Bang: Big joke. Ugly and overpriced for a ss watch.

Omega Planet Ocean: Got to get a gen of the 45mm since I sold my gen SMP. Gorgeous and reasonably priced.

AP Royal Oaks: Didn't like them one bit. I know they're nice watches, but they feel like they lack substance. I tried on a brand new model with a Calibre movement.

IWC Spitfire: Great face

My two favorite watches by far:

Frank Muller Conquistador-White gold, curved crystal, black rubber strap scented with vanilla (I'm not kidding). Fit my wrist like a glove. Gorgeous

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Grand Reveil- Pink gold. WOW. If money was no object it would be the watch for me. $30,000 retail.

seems like you have a great time in italy!

i was in Bologna a week ago...seen nice watches but haven't had time to try any...

seen a lot of jewlery stores with nice watches...

and saw a guy wearing a PAM...i couldn't stare at it so i don't know what model it was!

Nice report! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I agree there are many brands that are overpriced in my eyes too, but at least some of them make their own movements, that's respectable. ;) I would love to have the JLC too, beautiful watch, but it's too dressy for me. :) Which PO did you try on, the new chrono? I have one of these myself (gen) and I love that watch, nice and heavy feeling to it. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I want to get the chrono, but I'm afraid of the pricing when it first comes out. :o

Got back yesterday. Had a great time. Had a bit of time to watch hunt and here's what I found:

Panerai-Out of favor. Didn't see anyone wearing one (except one American tourist).

Was treated with respect by jewelers while wearing my 196 and here's what I tried on:

Anonimo: Panerai style watch that comes from ex-Panerai designers. Sharp. Cool crown guard mech. Reasonably priced

Hublot Big Bang: Big joke. Ugly and overpriced for a ss watch.

Omega Planet Ocean: Got to get a gen of the 45mm since I sold my gen SMP. Gorgeous and reasonably priced.

AP Royal Oaks: Didn't like them one bit. I know they're nice watches, but they feel like they lack substance. I tried on a brand new model with a Calibre movement.

IWC Spitfire: Great face

My two favorite watches by far:

Frank Muller Conquistador-White gold, curved crystal, black rubber strap scented with vanilla (I'm not kidding). Fit my wrist like a glove. Gorgeous

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Grand Reveil- Pink gold. WOW. If money was no object it would be the watch for me. $30,000 retail.

I was there last summer and all the Pannies I saw was from the street venders.

Cheers,