When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a Sub 126610LN Franken

MartyK

Welcome!

I do not know much about modern rolex (I am a vintage rlx guy) but asking about buying a modern rlx F-stein on your first post might not get an answer.

I would advise reading up on them if you have not already and decide which one you want...Clean factory etc and then look on the various replica forums and see what is out there.

Here is a good place with lots of pictures to start gathering info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/

The place for replica watch discussion (reddit.com)

In 12 months I’ve only been able to collect bezel assembly, hands and crystal. I’ve never seen a dial come up. Still waiting.
The vsf is good enough for most out of the box. I’d just get one of those and enjoy it for now with its slight tells. You can then prioritise its franken roadmap with fixes to the issues that bother you most (if at all).

I have held a VSF Next to the genuine article. I can tell you the VSF is Good enough. It will take macro shots and a loupe to really notice anything significant. From 3 feet away on the wrist you probably don’t need anything else.

Thanks Ronin.

Let me ask you, do you think it matters which dealer you get the VSF from or as long as its a VSF? Also, Im old school and have watches that only came with ETA movements. How good are these new Asian clone movements? For Example I have Two TC watches, a Sub and a Yacht Master which are about 7 years old now and still running well. 

I don’t think it matters which dealer. They all pull directly from the factory. 

FYI, the factories just shut down again this week as part of a COVID lockdown in Guangjouh(sp).

My VSF has their updated VS3275 movement with 72hr power reserve!  It “feels” good and is serviceable. Keep in mind you could always swap a Gen movement in, or there are tons of clones of these movements on eBay that can be R&R’d. Worst case you can probably work with BK on an ETA swap, but probably not worth it. 

Buy it, burn it out, get a new one or new movement when it dies. 😃

The 3235 is based on the proven clone 3135 platform. I haven’t heard any reports of issues and it’s very serviceable. You wouldn’t want to swap it out for eta the hands are reasonably good finding the equivalent eta would be a struggle. I find the seconds hand already too short for my liking.

9 hours ago, kidcreole said:

The 3235 is based on the proven clone 3135 platform. I haven’t heard any reports of issues and it’s very serviceable. You wouldn’t want to swap it out for eta the hands are reasonably good finding the equivalent eta would be a struggle. I find the seconds hand already too short for my liking.

Exactly, you would need BKLM’s hands/date wheel to go back to ETA