When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valentines Day... Rep For The Lady

dak244

Have you looked at the Louis Vuittons an Andrews and Josh's sites. I wouldn't buy a Loius Vuitton mens watch,obviuosly they are for French Gigolos with thin moutaches

Go and tell tonton that :D

For God's sake, don't buy her a replica for Valentines day. Do you have any idea what kind of message that sends a woman....giving her a fake...a replica...as a token of your love. A birthday, or just as a gift on any day,....maybe...but not for Valentines Day. You're setting yourself up for big trouble down the line...especially if it fails a month from now.

If you want to give her a watch and don't want to bust the budget,...consider vintage GENUINE time pieces on ebay. I bought my wife a 10 year old solid gold Baume and Mercier for less than the price for the weight of the gold. If she's into Art Deco at all, there are some unbelieveable pieces from the '20s and 30's that look like real jewelry and that still run well if serviced.

Please......don't buy her a fake for a gift that's supposed to symbolize your love for her. Major mistake.

For God's sake, don't buy her a replica for Valentines day. Do you have any idea what kind of message that sends a woman....giving her a fake...a replica...as a token of your love. A birthday, or just as a gift on any day,....maybe...but not for Valentines Day. You're setting yourself up for big trouble down the line...especially if it fails a month from now.

If you want to give her a watch and don't want to bust the budget,...consider vintage GENUINE time pieces on ebay. I bought my wife a 10 year old solid gold Baume and Mercier for less than the price for the weight of the gold. If she's into Art Deco at all, there are some unbelieveable pieces from the '20s and 30's that look like real jewelry and that still run well if serviced.

Please......don't buy her a fake for a gift that's supposed to symbolize your love for her. Major mistake.

While I agree with the sentiment of your post completely, I disagree with the whole " V-Day " thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna do the requisite flowers and a nice gift thing, but I don't feel that V-day is the ONLY day you should treat your woman right.

I hope that makes sense.... I show my better half how I feel about her everyday... and I treat her to gifts at random times. Small or large, expensive or cheap... she loves it.

That being said...

A BIG VOTE FOR KENBURG.... If you're looking for a nice bag for your lady!

:D I buy my wife reps to see how well she'll do with them prior to buying her the gen equivalent. To date, I have not bought her a single gen, because all her current reps receive too brutal of punishment on a daily basis; I tend to 'baby' my watches whereas her's get knocked around with no regard. On the plus side, her watches serve as a great example as to how durable reps really are ^_^

You mean like the cruise I randomly decided to take her on? The 3 dozen roses that will show up on her desk on the 14th? or are you thinking more about the diamond necklace and pearls I bought her? Thats why I wrote the "read before judging me" part, because most people don't understand our relationship. "Valentines" Day is no more a special day for us than any other day, just a hallmark holiday created for corporation profit (believe it or not, I am a republican :) ).

Anyway, the point of what I am saying is that I do so many "GENUINE" and "REAL" things for her, and I will continue to do them after. We both just started to get into rep's and she really loves them. She, like me and so many others on this board, are practical, and would MUCH rather have a rep than a 4k gen any day. So with all that being said, a rep would make her just as happy, if not happier than anything... after all its the thought that counts isn't it ;)

You mean like the cruise I randomly decided to take her on? The 3 dozen roses that will show up on her desk on the 14th? or are you thinking more about the diamond necklace and pearls I bought her? Thats why I wrote the "read before judging me" part, because most people don't understand our relationship. "Valentines" Day is no more a special day for us than any other day, just a hallmark holiday created for corporation profit (believe it or not, I am a republican :) ).

Anyway, the point of what I am saying is that I do so many "GENUINE" and "REAL" things for her, and I will continue to do them after. We both just started to get into rep's and she really loves them. She, like me and so many others on this board, are practical, and would MUCH rather have a rep than a 4k gen any day. So with all that being said, a rep would make her just as happy, if not happier than anything... after all its the thought that counts isn't it ;)

A man after my own heart.

This is basically the sentiment that I was going for when I responded.

Well done!

I aggree fully with you. I would never give my wife a fake watch as a "special gift". Sure, I could maybe buy one for fun some time but not for a special day. Then it is better to get a nice vintage watch, or something else like mentioned above (hand bag, underwear, a ring etc). I got my wife a Rolex Air-King (genuine) and she is very happy with it. She will be able to wear it every day for the rest of her life and be reminded that it was a gift from me. I am sure that even if I asked her 100 times she never would have prefered a fake one instead.

But every relationship is different, so I am not saying that everbody else should do the same as me.

Did I mention my wife is a Psychiatrist???????

I think my post is heavily weighted with personal experience!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling: