When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying Gen Dial & Hands For Smp At Cousins

scoobs1971

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a gen SMP dial and hands for my rep (Precious Time version) at Cousins. However, from their site I'm not sure which version I need.

Is this the right dial? http://www.cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp...roductid=437304

Which hands (hour, minute, sec) do I need?

I also mailed my questions to Cousins and they asked me for the case number and caliber number. I'm not sure if they now think I own a gen....??

Thnx for helping!

@admin, please move this topic to watch repair if this is not the right area

I bought a set of gen hands for my SMP (bought from Joshua), from Cousins.

My SMP is the ETA version.

I had a terrible job getting the rep second hand off, and ended up bug*ering it completely as it twanged across the room like a speeding bullit after I had to prise it off with a pair of my wife's eyebrow tweasers (don't have a hand removal tool).

Anyway, the rep second hand was so hard to get off that I lost my nerve and left the rep hour and minute hands on. The gen second hand was a straight swap, fitting perfectly. It looks much better than the rep second hand because the conterbalance is longer than the rep (at least on my model).

I still have the gen hour and minute hand, if you want them (for ten quid + postage) - PM me

These look like the ones I have

http://www.cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp...roductid=437305

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a gen SMP dial and hands for my rep (Precious Time version) at Cousins. However, from their site I'm not sure which version I need.

Is this the right dial? http://www.cousinsuk.com/default.aspx?disp...roductid=437304

Scoobs, I may be wrong but this Dial may be for the quartz version. The ways I could tell is that CHRONOMETER is missing from the dial (used on Automatic movements and not Quartz) and three o'clock marker is a bit bigger, moving the date window more to the left.

Look at the difference between Cousins Dial and mine (Gen dial bought from Ofrei)

Omega SMP 2531

Hope that helps.

I have a new gen dial and a set of hands available for the SMP. When I get back home tomorrow night I will confirm the dial is the auto version, but I'm quite certain it is. In any case, I have the package with the part number on it. These parts were to be for a project I was planning, but have been sitting around for a year now gathering dust in a drawer (figuratively speaking). PM me if interested.

Unfortunately Cousins already sent out the order with the Quartz dial. However, they are going to look for the automatic dial, but need the case number (inside + outside) + movement number. They probably think I have a gen Omega, so I don't know what to answer.

Does anybody know either what the official part number is of the automatic dial or what the case numbers and the Omega calibre equivalent for the ETA 2824 are?

Unfortunately Cousins already sent out the order with the Quartz dial. However, they are going to look for the automatic dial, but need the case number (inside + outside) + movement number. They probably think I have a gen Omega, so I don't know what to answer.

Does anybody know either what the official part number is of the automatic dial or what the case numbers and the Omega calibre equivalent for the ETA 2824 are?

The part number is 064-PP-303-001, and the calibre is 1120. Sorry, don't have a case number, as I am not about to crack open my gen!

Jim

I'm just going to give mine away to a friend. I'm pretty unhappy with the overall SMP GMT (blue).

The Chrono is excellent, but the bracelet on the GMT pokes out, the waves suck, I just wish I didn't get it oiled and waterproofed.

It'll make a nice gift though.

...I don't understand how they can come up with such excellent reps like my Link Chrono and the SMP Chrono, as far as I'm concerned identical to the originals, and then come up with my Carerra and this GMT that are so inferior in comparison.

...I don't understand how they can come up with such excellent reps like my Link Chrono and the SMP Chrono, as far as I'm concerned identical to the originals, and then come up with my Carerra and this GMT that are so inferior in comparison.

Which carrera are you talking about?

As far as i know the new 7750 Carrera is far more accurate than the Link Chrono with brushed bezel (don't get me wrong this is still one of the replica watch i like most, i'm talking about accuracy): your gorgeous watch has wrong pushers and a slightly too large bezel.

What big flaws can you list for the new Carrera?!

The Cousins dial appeared to be the right one for the automatic (with ´chronometer´). Seems that they put the wrong pic on their site. I got lucky :)

So I just finished my first mod ever. Pfffieuw, that was some nerve breaking time... But in the end it turned out very good. The gen dial is much better than the rep.