When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT collectors..

Well since it looks like I will never see a copy of the Pam beautiful 160,..:unsure:

17718-2941.jpg

17718-2942.jpg

From what I have gathered thus far on the forums, the 063 or 029 - 2893 are

the best currently available choices..are current owners fully satisfied with these Live ?

Also are there any gmts I am missing, that are a serious, models worth considering, in

any other line ?

Thanks in advance...

if i had my way and was willing to spend the $$$, i'd do the GMTII franken with the great dial/case and correct hand stack.

but that would still be after a 063/029. i'd also like a vintage 1675, but AFAIK no one has a really really good one (other than Euno, but we all know what he did with his franken....)

if i had my way and was willing to spend the $$$, i'd do the GMTII franken with the great dial/case and correct hand stack.

but that would still be after a 063/029. i'd also like a vintage 1675, but AFAIK no one has a really really good one (other than Euno, but we all know what he did with his franken....)

Thanks Ehtolcad,.. what are the kind of costs involved ?

Well since it looks like I will never see a copy of the Pam beautiful 160,..:unsure:

17738-2939.jpg

17738-2940.jpg

From what I have gathered thus far on the forums, the 063 or 029 - 2893 are

the best currently available choices..are current owners fully satisfied with these Live ?

Also are there any gmts I am missing, that are a serious, models worth considering, in

any other line ?

Thanks in advance...

These PAMs are fine, although I have heard the factory has stopped making it with the 2893 movement. Not sure how accurate this information is.

Favourite GMT of all is the white dial Omega Seamaster GMT... but go for the replacement original hands/ dial if you can.

Rollie vintage GMT Master with the 2893. That would cover the matte dial, correct hand stack and required acrylic crystal. The GMT Master does exist from River with the 2893/correct hand stack but the GMT hand is too thick/short and the dial accuracy could use improvement. Not sure about case accuracy.

RT, I have both Pam GMTs the {063 was for the little woman} with the 2893 and they are fantastic watches. Both are super smooth and very accurate time keepers. Very well built as well. These guys simply ooze with quality. They are also quite versatile with the simple change of the strap. BTW, I prefer the 029 which IMO, has a much more interesting and simpler dial plus larger hour markers. To answer your question, quite satisfied. :D

Cheers,

Jet

17752-2937.jpg

Edited by Jetsons

Some of my favourite GMT's:

Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT (new model)

17790-2932.jpg

Ebel Voyager:

17790-2933.jpg

Black Seamaster GMT:

17790-2934.jpg

Zenith Port Royal Elite:

17790-2935.jpg

...and the only GMT I currently own: ;)

17790-2936.jpg

The fantasy Rolex GMT Master-II LV:

17849-2917.jpg

Don't care if it is a fantasy or not. Outside of the Pepsi GMT, the fantasy LV GMT is my next favorite. Besides, there aren't that many people out there in the real world who can figure out that it isn't a real rollie.