When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To Those Of You Who Bought The Chanel J12

maxse

The medium quality all-ceramic one that goes for circa $200 from various dealers... in White (ladies)

Has anyone compared this one to the gen? I really need to know how the bracelet compares to the gen on this one. I pretty much paid for the highest quality one but my dealer went through 2 watches already and there are constant brown/yellow flaws on the bracelets of these "high quality" J12s. So my dealer suggested I go for the cheaper one... It seems that people getting theirs have perfect bracelets... Anyway has anyone compared this cheaper model to an actual genuine?

If someone is wearing this one (with CZ bezel) and a gen in the same place will it be easy to call it out? But more importantly Im concerned with my first question, thanks.

The medium quality all-ceramic one that goes for circa $200 from various dealers... in White (ladies)

Has anyone compared this one to the gen? I really need to know how the bracelet compares to the gen on this one. I pretty much paid for the highest quality one but my dealer went through 2 watches already and there are constant brown/yellow flaws on the bracelets of these "high quality" J12s. So my dealer suggested I go for the cheaper one... It seems that people getting theirs have perfect bracelets... Anyway has anyone compared this cheaper model to an actual genuine?

If someone is wearing this one (with CZ bezel) and a gen in the same place will it be easy to call it out? But more importantly Im concerned with my first question, thanks.

i'm almost sure the $200 model is not ceramic just coated metal and not all accurate. i'd get the expensive one for your lady.

Nope the 200 model is full ceramic, i have gotten 3 of them for various people including my wife and mother.

Its Great - I showed it to my friend who owned a Gen and she said it looks Exactly like hers. She was amazed at the quality.

Its the 100 models that are the metal coated with ceramic - those chip very easily.

You have taken the plastic off the bracelet right? cause when it comes it looks like it has yellow stains on it, but that is just the plastic, you take it off and it looks perfect - at least mine have.

I got the black one for $200 it's full ceramic came from Joshua. No issues and feels and looks like the genuine.

By the way aren't you the guy who put the dispute against Johsua's paypal account over this watch?

Yes I am that guy... I tried to order it from another dealer who does not drop ship and basically he went through 2 of the "expensive" models and all had these stains on them...

Phoband, you ordered the white ones right? They looked good compared to gen huh... Any idea how the CZ stone will look compared to the diamonds on this watch?

Edited by maxse

Yes I am that guy... I tried to order it from another dealer who does not drop ship and basically he went through 2 of the "expensive" models and all had these stains on them...

Phoband, you ordered the white ones right? They looked good compared to gen huh... Any idea how the CZ stone will look compared to the diamonds on this watch?

I'm sorry my friend under NO circumstances does anyone on this board deserve a paypal complaint, You have contributed to us ALL having to pay higher fees and go through more hoops to get watches.

i can't be of further assistance.

phoband lets not get into this please...

If you really want to know what happened you can check the thread at RWI... It was not entirely my fault and I had the support and suggestion of many members to go ahead with a PP complain via pms...

But I am NOT THE reason these 2 dealers can't accept paypal anymore... Someone reported them to paypal with direct links to their web site and it was not me... Again please let's not turn this into a PP complaint thread.

Phoband please do not say that no dealers on this forum deserve a complaint because you do not know the details of my transaction and what happened (In my situation I was even advised by many forum members via pm to file a complaint)... If you do not want to help me out that sucks, but it is up to you.

Edited by maxse

phoband lets not get into this please...

If you really want to know what happened you can check the thread at RWI... It was not entirely my fault and I had the support and suggestion of many members to go ahead with a PP complain via pms...

But I am NOT THE reason these 2 dealers can't accept paypal anymore... Someone reported them to paypal with direct links to their web site and it was not me... Again please let's not turn this into a PP complaint thread.

Phoband please do not say that no dealers on this forum deserve a complaint because you do not know the details of my transaction and what happened (In my situation I was even advised by many forum members via pm to file a complaint)... If you do not want to help me out that sucks, but it is up to you.

as i wrote in the pm you can complain about dealers all you want, there is NEVER-ANY REASON to file a paypal complaint - its like going down to the police station to complain that your pot dealer shorted you on a bag. - I find it rediculously incomprehensable that 'members' would have encouraged you to file a paypal complaint.

I do not intend to argue this out - cause i don't care about the reasons. However, if you feel that you were somehow justified and have not come to understand that ANY paypal complaint hurts each and every member of the forum individually i think its really unfortunate.

What goes around comes around............

And as I told you over at RWI its amazing that you still dont seem to realize what you did !

I have a gen 41mm chrono with white diamonds, and fakes are very easy for me to spot. Most people can't tell the difference, however.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest you to go for the black one as nearly all J12's white is not as white as the gen. Not a spot of yellow but the whole thing is a little bit yellow.

If you really need to go for a white ceramic one. Please contact your dealer to shop for a special mech. choron version. This one is really white but the cost out of the factory is three to four times then the one being offering now. I think that is why it is not on the dealer current offering.

Your dealer should be able to get this. If you go for this option, you pay much more. Good thing is that not many people is getting this and close to everyone thinks its gen.

That complaint was very poor judgement and has lead to a great deal of trouble for mmbers here, as well as one of our best deaalers. Very un-cool! :thumbdown:

Agreed! I'm new here and only on my 3rd rep ... but reporting a dealer to palyal is VERY unprofessional and VERY bad judgment.

I had a rep die on me, requested input from board members, contacted the dealer and had the problem resolved to my satisfaction. Your actions have INCREASED my cost of procuring reps, and made our dealers lives harder for NO REASON. The last thing I would do is whine to the payment vendor to cause undue headaches to my vendor.

You, sir, in my opinion, are a whiny girley man who should be pummeled.

May I say your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Thanks for making my enjoyment of a new hobby more expensive and hassle-filled.

That is all I have to say about that,