When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help on this please!

offshore

I was handed this at work today - a bag full of bits for a Breitling!

I am told -" It was very expensive :p - but don't know if its real Can you fix it??"

So what have I got- 1 case and bracelet, a dial /movement with 1 missing chrono hand, 2 ???? spacers, 1 crown and stem, and another stem??, and another date wheel???

So- not having ever looked at Breitling- what HAVE I got guys? And is it worth spending any time on?

The owner said 'if it can't be fixed- keep it for parts"- which sort of seems like a waste-but I think this is beyond my capacity.

The 1st thing I notice is that - its still bloody running!!

Then I see that in the left date window there appears to be some white plastic- which looks like bits of another spacer.

The movement is unmarked, so I'm guessing its Asian, the rest of it looks OK to my untrained eye- and the case certainly is "solid" as is the bracelet.

I have no idea what the second date wheel means- ( did the " repairer" who pulled it down to this point, actually work on a couple, and mix up some bits??) who knows?

OK- Ideas people.

offshore

post-13-1144061283_thumb.jpg

If I were to venture a guess, I would say that it is fake. I have never seen any of the Breitlings have a 6 o'clock subdial with red hands. But I have seen reps have that. Also, you have the grand date at 12 o'clock position. the date font of that seemed to be a tad small, and if you do have a watch based on grand date, what is a separate date wheel doing there? it seemed out of place, so I would say it is a rep, and that's an educated guess. hope that helps.

Woody- Thanks for the response- yes I'm sure its a rep- my real question was if it is worth trying to do something with. I have come to work today- thrown my hands up- said its a POS not worth touching- and my workmate has said - well keep it for parts- so- Is there anyone out there with some Brietling bits who needs a case and movement? I would like to see it turned into something, as it doesn't look all that bad- so who out there wants a project.??

Offshore

offshore, you can always ask rob to see if he wants a project, but he is so busy, so i doubt he will want to tackle this. i'd say just give to someone who wants to take a shot, at least we know the case is probably not too bad....

Woody- I think Rob has a lot more on his plate than trying to get this back to respectable-

However here's the offer- Free to a good home- post cost only- on the basis that the recipient posts a

" blow by blow" on the repair- and eventual success/failure.

As I said - its running- but will need a tear down- to at least get the plastic spacer out from under the date wheel. Will also need a hand for the right chrono.

I suspect that as it's running, some other components may have seized/stripped as onlythe hour minute hands are operating.

First genuine offer gets it.

offshore

Oh me me me.....................send it to me...............I've only practised with non working movements so far, it will be fun to see how much torture *cough* I mean examination a working movement will take :D

Ken

looks like all u need is a crystal and hand for subdial and the know how to make things fit back together, and u r all set, let us know how it goes kenberg

im doing great alan hope u r , and yeah he should be able to fix it up , kenberg if u need some help with something u cant figure out , just ask and i will try my best to help u ok