When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group Buy For Vintage Rlx

olreon

Of these, I've changed the insert and pearl already, the plexi is dead easy to replace and the bracelet? Mine is on a NATO right now. :D

The only difficult part is changing the crystal and the crown/tube. The rest is ridiculously easy.

Hmmm... would say the lugholes and the cg milling would be a bit challenging not to forget the bracelet /endlink modification which can get fiddly ( that is if you aren't going to slap on a gen bracelet ) ... the case isn't exactly 1:1 ... but it is pretty damn close

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but at that point we'd charge the same as all the other dealers. Why? Because that's what they're worth.

I think you missed my point. If you can manage this, I'm in 100%.

So what your saying is, if your brother gets them, you will mark them up to the price other dealers sell them for, but if the group buy works you will ghet them at our price? Hey thanks man! your really awesome!

bye the way, I am in if it can be done.

So what your saying is, if your brother gets them, you will mark them up to the price other dealers sell them for, but if the group buy works you will ghet them at our price? Hey thanks man! your really awesome!

Let me put it like this, if my brother is going to risk his Thai visa (and therefore his career) over smuggling counterfeit goods, he will want some compensation. However, if there's a risk-free way of getting them, sure, I'm in.

I actually got angry when I read your post but I am calm now.

Let me put it like this, if my brother is going to risk his Thai visa (and therefore his career) over smuggling counterfeit goods, he will want some compensation. However, if there's a risk-free way of getting them, sure, I'm in.

This group buy is not Pugs idea!He never mentioned that he or his brother will make this hapen!

...and btw Pug only post some pics of two watches that came from mbk center and nothing more.He is in for a group buy...as we all are!We have to find the way to make this a reality!Im also in ,and i allready have mbw 1665 and 1680.Stop this thing with pug and mbk and leonardo and George and watchmaster and who ever has these watches....lets try like a team for one time and stop this deadend fight!!!!!! :black_eye:

Has it occurred to anyone that there must be a reason why TTK hasnt blistered his feet scampering to MBK in order to assauge the massive thirst for these watches.

The source is after all now public knowledge.

Ive even been spotted myself prowling the self same mall, yet I have never made advances towards this 'oh so easy' trade.

Maybe I should do my civic duty here and burst a few bubbles......

There are a few good wholesale suppliers in BKK, unfortunately our friend 'Nah [censored]' doesnt count as one. Yes he is the fount of all MBW Rolex.....but in all other respects hes just another slash 'n burn stall holder: overcharging (other than the famed Rollies - all else he sells, such as the Jumbo nautilus with phoney PR, I can source elsewhere in BKK substantialy cheaper), no guarantees and exactly the kind of bastard you never hand over money to .

Without ranting on and on, stop and consider the implications of just those two little words.....NO Guarantee and think this thru before coreographing any mass buy.

But as Ive said before...Hey what do I know!

yes me too, i calmed down too. it seems that you want to reap the benefits of others risks, including your brothers, but don't seem to want to help others source these highly desired pieces.

yes me too, i calmed down too. it seems that you want to reap the benefits of others risks, including your brothers, but don't seem to want to help others source these highly desired pieces.

:blink:

I'm not a dealer. My brother is not a dealer. He isn't going to ship 20 watches all over the world, handling tens of thousands of dollars, risking everything just so people like you can save a few bucks. What he does for his brother and what he does for a complete stranger is of course completely different.

I can't see how you don't see the difference.

Let's imagine that he said that he would be willing to do a group buy at cost (over $250 plus shipping, let's say $250 just for ease of calculation), how many people would be interested? I'd say 50 watches would be sold in a matter of days. So, he gets $12,500 into his paypal account, and then what? It gets shut down. So, let's say he uses MB or WU instead, and he has $12,500 in his account. He can't get at that money faster than $500 a day with his bank card, so we're looking at a month before he can buy the watches. Then, the guy dicks him around and it's a few weeks before he can get all the stock, while my brother is sitting on the biggest chore we could give him, handling $12,500 of counterfeit goods over a period of two months from beginning to end.

All this for people like you that think he should do it out of the goodness of his heart, merely because they can't see the logistics of the problem?

And what if it goes wrong? This guy doesn't do returns, so my brother is stuck with a couple of disappointed people asking for refunds for customs seizures or broken watches.

With your attitude, your considerate point of view, he would be willing to do this for you and dozens like you. If you react so badly to a post, how much of a [censored] would you be if your watch were late?

I an not a dealer, and my brother is not a dealer. Maybe now you understand why.

hello,

@pugwash

i fully agree with you. i also wouldn´t like to bring my brother into trouble.

@all

i talked these days with a well known dealer here on the board and he told me that he has got vintage mbw´s in the pipeline for good prices. they will be in stock (in about 3 months) like all other watches that he is selling, not in small batches. i think that this will stop the trouble about these mbw´s.

best wishes

olreon

name calling, great. and that extrapolation is not logical.

My not wanting to ask my brother to get involved is based on that extrapolation. I would like to hear where it is faulty. Based merely on the number of PMs I've had from people asking me to get them these watches at that sort of price, I believe my estimates are correct, if in fact a little conservative.

If I were to have taken people up on their requests, I would be inundated with orders, and I would be in direct competition with other established dealers, and all this without paying RWG. Josh, Trusty and probably a few others have most likely already blacklisted me and I can see no point in cutting off what goodwill I have with the few remaining dealers that will sell me watches and this forum's established dealer structure.

What the [censored] do I owe you people? Why am I supposed to bend over backwards for a community that hasn't really done me that many favours? Is it a penance I must do to placate the members that feel I've wronged their best friends, Josh and Trusty?

ps. I didn't call you names. I reserve that honour for people I don't like.

hello,

@pugwash

i fully agree with you. i also wouldn´t like to bring my brother into trouble.

@all

i talked these days with a well known dealer here on the board and he told me that he has got vintage mbw´s in the pipeline for good prices. they will be in stock (in about 3 months) like all other watches that he is selling, not in small batches. i think that this will stop the trouble about these mbw´s.

best wishes

olreon

Hi All

4 Pug (I an not a dealer, and my brother is not a dealer. Maybe now you understand why)

I'd love to get the same Sub as you Pug. But I also fully agree with you, I wouldn't put my bro or sis in this kind of deal.

4 Olreon (...they will be in stock (in about 3 months) like all other watches that he is selling, not in small batches. )

Well that is great news. Let's wait and leave Pug in peace now.

Cheers

Stephane

I'd love to get the same Sub as you Pug. But I also fully agree with you, I wouldn't put my bro or sis in this kind of deal.

Cheers.

I was considering getting a couple extra watches in and selling them to a few friends here, or selling my 1680 to fund the mods on the 1665, but if I don't think I could stand the backlash if I did.

So, anyone wanting one of these that PMs me had better be aware that if I were to sell you one, it would be at the same rate as TTK, and I wouldn't offer any of the benefits he does, so you'd be better off going with him.

My not wanting to ask my brother to get involved is based on that extrapolation. I would like to hear where it is faulty. Based merely on the number of PMs I've had from people asking me to get them these watches at that sort of price, I believe my estimates are correct, if in fact a little conservative.

If I were to have taken people up on their requests, I would be inundated with orders, and I would be in direct competition with other established dealers, and all this without paying RWG. Josh, Trusty and probably a few others have most likely already blacklisted me and I can see no point in cutting off what goodwill I have with the few remaining dealers that will sell me watches and this forum's established dealer structure.

What the [censored] do I owe you people? Why am I supposed to bend over backwards for a community that hasn't really done me that many favours? Is it a penance I must do to placate the members that feel I've wronged their best friends, Josh and Trusty?

ps. I didn't call you names. I reserve that honour for people I don't like.

you call me a [censored] in my post, that i am not, and name calling really is puerile. then you assume based on my postings that i could be a [censored] if my timepiece didn't arrive on time. that is the extrapolation i am speaking of, and that conjecture is the epitome of mendacity.

you call me a [censored] in my post, that i am not, and name calling really is puerile. then you assume based on my postings that i could be a [censored] if my timepiece didn't arrive on time. that is the extrapolation i am speaking of, and that conjecture is the epitome of mendacity.

Well, I don't think you're a [censored]. Get over it.

I'll let your sarcastic "you're awesome" slide, shall I? Come on, what is your problem with my not wanting to organise a group buy?

The level of naivete on these boards f****ng amazes me....( notice I'm now using that term instead of stupidity ).....!

Do you guys NOT realise that this is completely ILLEGAL....and someone could go to jail.....for doing YOU a favour......DUH...!

Pugwashs brothers should do it
Why...?

What's awesome is your lack of perception.......tell me why his brother should do YOU a favour......I can certainly understand that he would do his brother a favour.....but SPECIFICALLY...why should he bust his humph doing it for you or anyone else....I'll tell you WHY....for financial remuneration.....'cos there ain't any brotherly love kicking about....!

See above....!

I can source EVERY MBW watch....from DRSD / SRSD / White Ghost / Explorers / Milgauss / absolutely ANY MBW watch.......I get dozens of PM's and mail sent EVERY day....asking me to supply them........why do you think I won't.......I'll tell you why.....!

I took a long hard look at the MBW situation.......most of you don't know that when I first came out here in 2004 .....I was doing the MBW watches......I did the first reviews on a DSRD on TRC.....I was supplying the MBW LV with upgraded ETA movement / fat hand / closed 6 and 9 ...way back almost 3 years ago.....so I have plenty of experience with MBW watches.....!

Why don't I do them now.....because they're too much hassle.....that's why Maria stopped doing them....he only supplies certain long term customers.......and that's all....I don't do them because the supplier WILL NOT GUARANTEE THEM.........once you part with your lolly....it's his UNEQUIVOCALLY.......so I don't do them.....!

SO ...here's the skinny on the whole deal......!

It's no secret that they cost 7500 baht at the stall......that works out at approx $225.00......so let's do some simple arithmetic.

Cost = $225.00

Travel return to Bangkok = 3000Baht = $89.00

Bubble packs X 2 = 60baht.....= $1.78

Gold pouch x 1 = 40 baht = $1.20

EMS postage = 1100 baht = $32.00

Total = $348.98

I was selling them at $399.00.......and expected to take ALL risks from theft to Customs......and to deal with whinging whinies complaining about 'the crown guards' aren't quite right......"I thought the mag would be better"......so for $50.00.....profit......I decided NO WAY......that's why George sells them @ $450.00......and even at that there isn't enough money in it to deal with the [censored].

However if you wanna organise a group buy....minimum order 50 items......I'll do them for $350.00 shipping included.....I'll do a spreadsheet for everyone that wants their choice.......and I'll organie package and posting......which will be done in my time......you can't just walk into a Post office here and throw a dozen packages containing hooky Rolexes.......if there is a postal inspector in situ.....he can ask you to open them...( nay..... DEMAND that you do )........and if you don't he'll haul you off to Bang Kwang.......and you don't collect $200 and get a free out of jail pass....!

So here's the deal......you send me the money.....by WU....'cos I don't want my bank asking questions......I'll order all the watches.....I'll send each member a photo of ALL the watches........then a photo of their particular watch.......an EMS tracking number.......along with a checklist that all watches have been inspected and checked.......and then I'll take them to the Post Office and send them...whilst notifying you that yours has been sent......photo proof of your receipt.......after that you're on your own.......if YOURS gets seized by Customs or stolen in the postal system.....you're on your own......if it arrives and needs any sort of fix.....I hope you'll have had the common sense to build a relationship with a good 'smith...or taken a course on your own....'cos they won't see Thailand again.....unless it's on your wrist......!

So who wants to order.....?

BTW......anyone wants to contact the store......let me know....I'll send you the number also......however let me say that the guy isn't too happy about what Leonado did......and I can assure you that you'll get short shrift from him......( if you think I'm grumpy....hold your breath ).......not to mention the language barrier......and if you think he's gonnna run about packing all your stuff and standing for hours in the post office....for 7500 baht........DREAM ON..........when you call.......just say....'pood pasa Angkrit dai mai".......and see how far you get....:lol:

Edited by TTK

now that is a offer! i understand that TTK doesn't want to take the risk about bad watches returns ... it's obvious! the guy in bangkok doesnt take the watches back so if only few watches fail due to transportation TTK would already loose money..

I doubt you'd get a better offer than this. This has to be the lowest price these watches have ever been offered for sale here.