When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group Buy For Vintage Rlx

olreon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted to see how many people are interested in a group buy of these vintages. as far as i know, if we come up to 10 watches the shop in the mbk will ship them out...

Good luck. :blink:

You're chasing a pipe dream and unrealistically building people's hopes up, but honestly, I wish you all the best. I know Leonado is going to join this thread at any moment and start shouting at me inexplicably, but honestly, how are you going to do this?

Imagine, if you will, a market stall in your local town. Now imagine someone in a different continent trying to organise buying something from there. The stall doesn't have email, doesn't have a phone, doesn't take paypal ...

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to shatter people's dreams, but this is an unrealistic proposal. Olreon, what you need to do is make contact with the stall and organise the details before getting people on board. You're guaranteed 10 interested parties, myself included if you somehow manage to pull it off, so you don't need to sound it out first.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought Neil was in contact with the dealer/stall in bangkok that supplies the MBWs. Considering his interest in taking his business to a new level, I'd assume that if he does have access to this source of supply, he might consider handling a group buy.

I am interested in a vintage DRSD. I am already LUCKYYY to have the 1680, which is by far the best rep i've ever seen. WW

hello,

i wanted to see how many people are interested in a group buy of these vintages. as far as i know, if we come up to 10 watches the shop in the mbk will ship them out...

hints and suggestions are welcome...

best wishes

olreon

A group buy?

If it can be done, I am in all the way. :group:

ok, now we have understood that you are the only one who has a brother in bangkog who is able to get these watches... all the others will never have the privilege to get a mbw direct from the stall!

I think you missed my point. If you can manage this, I'm in 100%.

I just think you're setting yourself up to disappoint a lot of people and you're doing it based purely on something Leonado said to show off.

I'm not trying to steal your group buy, but I think you're being a bit premature announcing it. If it were truly this easy, ask yourself why Leo didn't organise a group buy all those years ago, or why no-one else has since.

If the quality is there, I am all in!

hello,

hints and suggestions are welcome...

best wishes

olreon

I think you missed my point. If you can manage this, I'm in 100%.

I just think you're setting yourself up to disappoint a lot of people and you're doing it based purely on something Leonado said to show off.

I'm not trying to steal your group buy, but I think you're being a bit premature announcing it. If it were truly this easy, ask yourself why Leo didn't organise a group buy all those years ago, or why no-one else has since.

Good point Pug! btw money is not the problem for one specific watch that somebody can treasure for years.

..and these watches realy need a lot of mods to be considered good reps...

crap plexi

crap bezel insert

crap pearl

crap clasp

crap bracelet

and

perfect case

perfect dimensions

perfect case back

perfect dials

all the other parts need to be replaced!So if someone is a nooby and dont have a good part resource...then there is no need to go for that watch.

Regards.

crap plexi

crap bezel insert

crap pearl

crap clasp

crap bracelet

Of these, I've changed the insert and pearl already, the plexi is dead easy to replace and the bracelet? Mine is on a NATO right now. :D

The only difficult part is changing the crystal and the crown/tube. The rest is ridiculously easy.