When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Datewheels

cskent69

Hmm... I'm referring to the newest Navi with the recessed date wheel on the Asia 7750

Then you're not talking about 7750 datewheels. This is what I suspected.

You're talking about getting 7753 datewheels printed up. Search for the 7753 datewheel projects that have gone before (for gen 7753 movements, not Asian copies) and you'll see that it's a seriously tricky task.

Good luck, I wish you all the best.

I absolutely was talking about the 7750 datewheels - for the new Evo and the older Avengers. Here are pictures so that people understand the differences with standard ETA's.

200086-1841.jpg

200086-1842.jpg

You can see that they are larger and take up more of the datewindow in the lower numbers. I am really glad that we are all thinking about the same thing.

Whomever has a high res scan......

There can be a fix for the 7750's within 2 weeks if somebody has a good scan, actual datewheel or somone simply knows what the font is (assuming it is a standardizd font). ;)

I guess I was just confused. I was referring to the "recessed" date wheel problem on the 3-6-9 navi's, rather than the date font. Although it looks like a problem as well <_<

I guess I was just confused. I was referring to the "recessed" date wheel problem on the 3-6-9 navi's, rather than the date font. Although it looks like a problem as well <_<

the recessed date wheel problem can only be fixed if the replica makers would use a Swiss 7753 and update the dial to accommodate for a bigger date wheel cutout and the slightly different position of the date. Currently all modified 7750s with 3,6,9 have to use an extra gear that is position between the dial and the date which is responsible for the recessed problem

It's a very very long shot, and they probably won't offer the information, but you could try Breitling HQ. See if they will tell you the font. Can't think of why you would want to know (best not to say for a replica project haha)

It is part of their uniqueness, so i would imagine they would politely tell you to pee off.

Or maybe ask if they could send some posters through for a uni project?

I concur. The main problem with the standard date fonts are the area they cover.

All Breitling date fonts cover the date window. The single digits are very big compared to the standard ETA font.

I doubt someone would notice the slightly different font in a Navitimer compared to an SA unless they had both genuines to compare them in close detail.