When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting Rep Rolex Maintenanced

teknotronik

Does any one know who or what kind of jewlers would be willing to relube and maintenance a rep rolex? Im sure a authorized Rolex dealer wouldnt be the best place to take a rep rolex. So then what would be a good place or person to take the watch to for maintenance. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Does any one know who or what kind of jewlers would be willing to relube and maintenance a rep rolex? Im sure a authorized Rolex dealer wouldnt be the best place to take a rep rolex. So then what would be a good place or person to take the watch to for maintenance. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Zigmeister?

At this point, you're supposed to tell us where you live. :blink:

my experience has been that small independent watchmakers are more than willing to service eta reps ;)

between quartz watches and mall kiosks full of ham handed teenagers installing batteries and straps they generally are happy to have the work.

watchmaker/jewelers in very nice areas that possibly sell higher end brands (new or used) are a totally different story.

the secret seems to be talking to them, letting them know you are in to mechanical watches and appreciate what a watchmaker does and that there is the potential for repeat business...

You need to find the independent watchmaker in your area that can work on an ETA. If you have a Chinese movement in your watch, you probably just need to buy another watch- the movements aren't worth servicing. Some people don't like working on reps cause they can't get parts if something breaks, but you have to understand that it's a risk you, as the owner of the watch, have to be willing to take. Of course movement parts for an ETA can be found, but crowns, crystals, etc. are hard to come by.

Just keep asking around and be honest about what you've got- it ain't that big a deal.

I was lucky to find a watchmaster to work with reps.

He works in the same city than I live, so I see him very often.

He can remove a rolex dial feet to adjust them to eta movement, has a lot of tools and services eta by dissambling the whole movement.

Aint expensive at all.

Hi All,

If one of you knows someone in Belgium it would be great to let us know :thumbsupsmileyanim: .

We can't allways send to Ziggy unfotunately ;-)

Cheers

Stephane

I have it on fairly good authority that, in the UK, the British Horological Institute are stepping up their campaign to warn their members against working with "fake" watches. Indeed my trusty reliable, and local watchsmith, on whom I depended greatly, has now informed me that he can no longer service or repair my reps. :(

In my opinion it will become increasingly difficult to find High Street watchsmiths who are prepared to work on our reps and as such we will have to rely, even more, on our own "in-house" repair guys.

JTB