When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

! Rwg Under Paypal's Scrutiny !

narikaa

Well I got back safe n sound to the UK on Valentines Day (incurable romantic that I am!) all fine and dandy.......................

Yesterday I get the 'Acceptable Use' bad news off PayPal (always a possibility - but strange after some 6 weeks or so total inertia)

On re-reading the lengthy diatribes they sent, I saw with surprise that the website they are taking exception to is none other than RWG !

Copy Paste of the relevant bits:

However, after a recent review of your account, it has been determined that

you are currently in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. The

Policy prohibits the use of PayPal in the sale of counterfeits,

unauthorized replicas, or otherwise unauthorized items (such as counterfeit

watches, handbags, or other accessories). Furthermore, it is not

acceptable for sellers to disclaim knowledge of, or responsibility for, the

authenticity or legality of the items they offer ("authenticity

disclaimers"). The complete Acceptable Use Policy addressing Counterfeit

Items can be found at the following URL:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p...unterfeit_items

In order to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy you will need to:

1. Submit the online Acceptable Use Policy affidavit. http://www.rwg.cc/;

and

2. Cease the acceptance of PayPal as a payment option for violating

items, as well as remove all references to PayPal, including the PayPal

logo and/or shopping cart, from your website(s).

This is not intended to be an all-inclusive review or list of your Internet

sites in violation. Furthermore, the violations of the Policy described

above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list. It is the

responsibility of the user to ensure that all transactions comply with the

Acceptable Use Policy.

Although I view this as highly suspicious - due to its timing (I could swallow it being simply 'in house' checks by PayPal when I was in full flow with full listings and Buy Now buttons in regular use - but not now. having had zero listings & sales for such an extended time!) - It now seems that I cannot openly offer PayPal as an option on any rep items.

As to how far and wide PP's information trawl permeates the activities past and present of buyers and sellers here......only time will tell

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This does sound suss doesn't it I mean after all the time you have not been trading and others are still trading and using PP all that time.

Either this is going to be a very quick sweeping policy that will hit all the dealers or someone has an issue with you Reg.

Ken

This does sound suss doesn't it I mean after all the time you have not been trading and others are still trading and using PP all that time.

Either this is going to be a very quick sweeping policy that will hit all the dealers or someone has an issue with you Reg.

Ken

Issue with me or not, having 'let slip the dogs of war' whoever caused it, cannot control where they subsequently attack! BTW I as most already know have no issues with any customer.............

Welcome back Narika... and sorry to hear that PP is again touching us somehow... will you stop accepting PP?

Perhaps you should re read 'It now seems that I cannot openly offer PayPal as an option on any rep items' a coupla times :rolleyes:

Edited by narikaa

Hi Narikaa

i get same info and email from paypal

and i have never sold counterfeis or replicas???

RWG is under paypal monitoring :black_eye:

strange is... that i use a totaly different email adress for paypal and here. Where paypal know so much about us?

maybe they can read all our messages and emails?

what a painful story

BTW, PT has also end all his listings here on RWG??? May he has the same email from paypal

Edited by tourbillon1801

Hi Narikaa

i get same info and email from paypal

and i have never sold counterfeis or replicas???

RWG is under paypal monitoring :black_eye:

strange is... that i use a totaly different email adress for paypal and here. Where paypal know so much about us?

maybe they can read all our messages and emails?

what a painful story

BTW, PT has also end all his listings here on RWG??? May he has the same email from paypal

Easy one then! paypal the fascistic assholes checked PT's transactions and to those who look suspicious (many i guess) they sent this mail.. you bought your daytone from him... => MONEYBOOKERS!!!

PayPal sucks so much

as it now seems that Reg and PT cannot openly offer PayPal as an option on any rep items.
Ahem...would you make that Reg / PT and TTK.......my 2nd account was closed way back in July....my 3rd one in December.......!

My post on the other forum......!

its a real pisser Reg . not sure how you and a few of the other dealers are going to get round it.

Getting round it is quite easy..........it's changing the mindset of those members who think PP is the best and only option.....I've been using Moneybookers / Nochex for UK / EU based customers and WU / Moneygram for US based users.....I've used them all now.....and they've all proven to be very effective....!

The problem that most users can't see...is that....PP....once they have used a database crawler ...will be looking for cross linked refernces to home in on.....!

E:G........Dealer "ACME1234".....sells an item with ref # BCEWHSS 1..........buyer....ILUVRLX........buys it and tells ACME1234 his forum name........PP then does a search across it's database....and sees that buyer ILUVRLX has bought from 'ACME1234' and Trosty and Juicey.......so they then start to look at all their transactions....and find more commonn ground......for instance.....PP links within the website where the dealers 'advertise'......e:g.....Buy Now Buttons etc etc......ad infinitum......I think that's why we're now seeing the knock on effect.......for members as well as dealers.....!

For me....PP is history......I gave them a lot of money over the period....but no more.....there are very good alternatives out there.....without having to jump thru' fiery hoops.....!

BTW ...using an 'anonymiser" would ring alarm bells at PP......same scenario would arise....."please provide the URL where you advertise"......"show us proof of inventory"......"show us postal receipts"....etc etc....!

This is no big deal as Neil says. The PayPal/ebay tie-up is trying to close the market to other on-line payment methods - plenty people sell their junk on ebay and default choice to take payment is....!

They have the cash there and resent paying to extract it, and so the cycle goes.....

Time to break the cycle.

I would advise against any "buy now" buttons that link directly to PayPal or Nochex or any other online payment site. They pick up the source of the link in their logs so all it takes is one bad transaction to get linked back to RWG, TRC or RWI and you have trouble.

I guess it was inevitable. :( My question for non-U.S. dealers (virtually all) is whether it is possible to have a U.S. bank account or an account with a bank with U.S. affiliate. Domestic wire transfers can be done on-line. International wire transfers often require a visit to the bank and $20 even for larger bank customers. The downside for consumers is that there is no appeal process if you don't like what you get from the dealer. Then again I always thought the Paypal appeal process was ludicrous. Otherwise customers and dealers will have to factor in the costs of whatever the method is that is safe. By the way what is that process? Western Union?

I must say, I have a really really bad feeling about this. Hope that everything works out for you Narikaa, PT and tourby.

tourby isn't selling reps...jut rep movements...don't think he will have probl...

PP sucks. :black_eye: ..from the very first day i use WU...all transactions go smoothly...no probl at all...I pay a little :thumbsupsmileyanim: for a watch...but who cares!...

do as TTK says and no probl at all!

I just noticed that one dealer is going directly to secured credit card processor. That is fabulous. And don't ask who on this forum. "They" are out to get us. :lol: Actually, it is not funny. May PP rot in hell.

Just make sure you use a card with a reasonably low limit and insurance. I remember using Western Union before many dealers took PayPal and it was OK. Bit more hassle than PP but certainly less hassle than not being able to buy reps!