When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please Teach Me On Bce....

MADRED7

Hi All,

just curious about the new BCE....I saw different threads about this watch with GREY dial and some say GRAPHIT dial....

QUESTION 1:

is there any difference or are those forumers talking bout the same watch?

QUESTION 2:

how does this watch wear compared to Pannies (the 44mm versions), bigger, smaller, equal???

Thx for letting me know,

Theo

I think it was released with three dials;

White, Graphite (grey) and black

As far as compared to a PAM 44mm I would say it wears slightly smaller, but only because Pam's are quite 'round and bulky' in shape. It is by no means a tiny watch, wears bigger than the 4th gen PO.

EDITED - CORRECTED BELOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT DIALS, THANK YOU CHRGOD

Edited by b16a2

Graphite and Grey dial are two different dials, however very similar to the "uninformed". Biggest difference (to me) is that the "Automatic" on the dial is red on the Graphite an white on the grey.

Check out Kings Site; www.cclv.net. She has the grey and the Graphite listed side by side. :)

To give you a bit of insite the most correct version is the white one.

Not sure about the gray with "Automatic" written in white with black subdials, things are pretty correct on this one but I have heard alot of people talk about the gray being the wrong color gray??

The version with "Automatic" written in red with black subdials. On the gen of this version the subdials should be the same color as the dial, not black.

Really big let down as I was planning on getting the graphite with graphite sub dials and red writing.

Personally...I am in negotiations to pick up a white dial...

This is a good picture of the genuine Graphite dial. It has been posted before, but is still very nice to have as a reference... Also, notice that the datefont fills the entire window, and is a bit bolder than on the rep.

203101-1242.jpg

..But, this will still sure remain my favourite Breitling!

203101-1243.jpg:whistling:

To give you a bit of insite the most correct version is the white one.

Not sure about the gray with "Automatic" written in white with black subdials, things are pretty correct on this one but I have heard alot of people talk about the gray being the wrong color gray??

The version with "Automatic" written in red with black subdials. On the gen of this version the subdials should be the same color as the dial, not black.

Really big let down as I was planning on getting the graphite with graphite sub dials and red writing.

I saw on Angus' site a new black version with silver subdials. Looks awesome. Very cloes to the Gen (from Breitling's site).

I have the grey dial..... I put it on again as soon as I got home tonight. I received this watch last Thursday and on Friday on my way home from work stopped at the local Breitling AD (no, I didn't wear the Evo into their store. I wore an Ingy instead because I know they don't carry IWC).

In any case, I was disappointed to find that they didn't have either the graphite or grey dial Evos in stock. According to the sales guy, the graphite in particular sells almost as soon as they get them in stock. (OK, that's the kind of thing sales people often say when they think someone shows unusual interest in a particular out of stock item, but I'm just reporting what he said and I have no reason to disbelieve him.)

He did have the white dial in stock, as well as the mother of pearl, the blue dial, and some two tones. The white dial is a beautiful watch, no doubt about it. Surprisingly, I didn't really care for the blue dial.

I showed enough interest in these and various other Breitlings that he gave me both their price list and catalog, which has pictures of all of their models. For the grey dial, I would say that the dial in the picture has a bit more grey in it and the dial on my rep has a bit more brown, the result being very slightly more contrast in the dial in the picture of the gen than in the rep.

Last night I realized that I have quite a few more black dial reps than white dial reps. I was puzzling over strategies to correct this imbalance when it suddenly occurred to me to buy a white dial Evo and sell the grey dial. This was in the wee hours of the night, mind you. So when I got up this morning I studied the grey dial some more -- and decided that despite the "imbalance" in my collection, I simply like the grey dial Evo too much to give it up. My next watch will probably have a white or light grey dial... but I'm not going to sacrifice my Evo to make this happen.

The bottom line: Whichever of the Evos you decide to buy, whether it be graphite, grey, or white, will be an awesome and incredible watch. And in my opinion it would be a mistake to be swayed by which is reportedly more exact. Get the one you genuinely feel drawn to. I do not think you can go wrong with this watch!