When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Gran Turismo

Dutchy

it is a nice "run of the mill watch" that has nothing special about, no complications to speak of, no particular historical value,, etc - that's why the resale value is not as high as on a Panerai, Rolex, Patek, etc.

I would say the resale isn't high simply due to how low it is on the "need factor". I've been looking at a U1. Nothing really complex about this watch and yet the resale is very close to what you can buy it for new. Why? This is becoming a popular watch and a lot of people want it. Demand plays a huge part in what you will pay for a watch. If no one was buying up the U1s I could buy one for 600. As Sartre said "other people are hell"

I think it's a relatively unpopular model... the MM chronos are certainly more in keeping with the 'racing' image that the MM brand tries to project... i mean... what's the use of a non-chrono 'racing' watch?

what's the use of my having 15 divers watches ;)

i hate swimming and oceans and rivers and am not even particularly fond of creeks, pools or hot tubs...

I know Angus is making one, but I saw a few nice gens for sale. Why is it that the retail is like 4,000 but the re-sale price is so much lower? Supply/demand issue?

Cheers.

204108-911.jpg

$4000 seems high, I believe I saw the white dial one at Costco for about $2400. Looks nice, but I see no reason to pay over 2k for this watch.

Toni

How do you define a diver's watch?

I assume water resistance is a given? Some manner of elapsed-time bezel?

Those functions are both quite useful for diving... thus it would seem that a 'diver's watch' is defined by the fact that it has specific function which is useful in diving, no?

The MM GT has no racing-specific function whatsoever; it is as specifically suited for 'racing' as any other three handed watch with a seconds hand. The 'racing' bit is just applied in the details ... the tire strap and the mille miglia branding...

The MM chronos, on the other hand, have at least some functionality that would be useful in an auto racing situation... which makes it a bit more than a branding exercise...

• 3 weeks later...

On the Gran Turismo XL the display back makes a lot of noise and wanted to know if the constant turning around of the part just under the display window is something that bothers any other owners of this watch

Is there a cure?

Thanks for your responses

Barry

Noisy rotor on the Asian copy ETA movement....standard.....do a search...someone posted a solution somewhere.....!

Anyone buying one of these.......PLEASE ...PLEASE....PLEASE.......Loc-Tite the adjuster screws on the deployant clasp......there's one on the 'pin' end which is a very tiny screw for retaining the drive thru pin ....and on the buckle end......the mushroom screw that goes thru' the hole straps is a 2x piece affair......unscrew the large mushroom head......and Loc-Tite it back in place when you've sized the strap....otherwise tears WILL be shed when you lose one of these screws....and unlike Panerai....there isn't a glut of them on the marketplace.....:D

Edited by TTK

I have checked every possible dealer for this GRAN TURISMO XL BLACK FACE with RUBBER BRACLET...and i couldnt find one decent replica of this model....and im dyinggggggggg to have one....does any one know a good replica and from which dealer? thankx

I have checked every possible dealer for this GRAN TURISMO XL BLACK FACE with RUBBER BRACLET...and i couldnt find one decent replica of this model....and im dyinggggggggg to have one....does any one know a good replica and from which dealer? thankx

Let us know which dealer you use please???