When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review Of The Black Steelfish From Josh.

elprimerozen

Hi to all RWG members.I wouldlike to post a litle review on the new Breitling Steelfish Black dials.

The watch came to me from Joshua in perfect condition.

The first impresion out of the box was an absolut SHOCK!

The fit and finish of the watch is perfect...the best rep that i have ever hold on my hand...and i have seen a lot of reps..

Here are some first pics for you to see the general apearence of the Steelfish.

The looks are out of the ordinary....

203672-1095.jpg

The satin finish of the watch is much better than any other watch i have seen.

203672-1096.jpg

203672-1097.jpg

The case construction is superb..with smooth finish and great details.

203672-1098.jpg

203672-1099.jpg

203672-1100.jpg

Here are some profile views for us to see the Gas escape valve...the bezel...and the way that the crystal is located on the case.....its perfect,and the valve is cut and finished perfect.

203672-1101.jpg

Here is the profile of the crown view....Nice and the logo on the crown is finished nice.

203672-1102.jpg

Here is a view that we can see the bezel ,the valve ,dials and how the crystal stands above the bezel.

203672-1103.jpg

The duble coated AR is absolutly superb....it makes the crystal disapear in most angles,this means also that the quality of the crystal is out of competition for the clarity!!

203672-1104.jpg

So lets talk about the caseback.....engraving of the case back are smooth like buter...absolutly high end finish,you can feel the case back smooth on the wrist.

203672-1105.jpg

...here we have the clasp which the engravings are not the same quality :thumbdown: as the case back...but i can hear your opinion on that...

203672-1106.jpg

As for the bracelet.....hmmmmm....i can say that the links are perfect...but the finish of the sells is inferior to the case...The finish of the sells is the only weak spot of the watch!

203672-1107.jpg

203672-1108.jpg

Here are some general pics for you to have a general opinion so we can talk about the flaws...if there are any big ones(exept the perl..or the date thicknes).

203672-1109.jpg

The quality of the bezel...and the engraving of the numbers and dots on the bezel is like the real thing(gen was on my hand on Breitling shop .)

203672-1110.jpg

203672-1111.jpg

The dials and the lume are of the best quality...the watch glows very nice in night....

The black dials are so so so nice that i can say its the best for this sport watch!

203672-1112.jpg

203672-1113.jpg

The watch was tested on a regulator and it was on horizontal position +- 00 sec(amazing) in vertical positions the watch was at +6 sec...but the watch on my wrist run fast +5sec.

YES THE WATCH PASSED THE WATER PROOF TEST AT MAXIMUM 10 BAR FOR 3 MINUTES.

So the watch maker was correct..........

Im very pleased for this watch and its going to be on the wrist all summer in Greece!!!!!!!

Here are some pics side by side with Josh Chronomat Evo just for you to compare the watches....

BUT in my opinion there is no head to head comparison of the 2 Breitling for the simple reason that they are 2 totaly different style watch....so no coments from my side...but you people can say anything you like!

My best regards to all RWG members and to all the oweners of the new Steelfish Superocean!

Thanks Joshua again for a perfect watch!

203672-1114.jpg

203672-1115.jpg

203672-1116.jpg

203672-1117.jpg

203672-1118.jpg

203672-1119.jpg

203672-1120.jpg

203672-1121.jpg

203672-1122.jpg

203672-1123.jpg

203672-1124.jpg

Great review, thanks!!

How would you compare the *quality* between the two watches?

The steel fish worth every peny of the 308$

The watch is 240 grams with all the links on the bracelet....so i payed almost 1.3$ for a gram :lol: the GOOD STUF B)

The finish of the watch is better...it feels more gen...but its a head to head comparison with out winner...

have you ever worn the breit bently GT?

One of the things i don't like about the way it feels is its "top heavy" the band almost seems to small for it and the weight makes it feel like its cutting into my wrist a little - i do blame part of the unfinished underside/ bracelet

My 45mm PO is just Supercomfortable.

can you comment on the steel fish?

What do you think this watch would look like on a original bret. rubber strap?

I think the rubber strap would look very good on this type of watch! It's what i plan to do when i get one.

I have seen the Avenger Seawolf with a rubber strap (gen watch) and the SO is a similar style. It would look very good!