When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling All 'ultimate' Bce Owners/ Experts

Rolexman

First of the BCE is a great rep but as usual there are some quality issues. In this thread I want to address them and find a solution for them.

My BCE is near perfect except for 2 issues:

1: A gap where the enlink sits againts the case (also see post Woody)

2: The crown won't screw on properly

For the first problem I have come up with a solution of which I will post some pics in next couple of days (some thin tape which I taped on the enlink to make it a bit thicker)

Now the second problem:

I can only screw on the crown about 1/4 of a turn. So just enough to have it stay in properly. I don't know if more owners have this same problem but my guess is that either:

1. The screw thread is too short?

2. The stem is too long?

3. The Tube is too long?

Any experts who know how to fix this or maybe already have fixed this problem before?

Edited by Rolexman

while there isnt alot of thread on my crown to work with i can screw it more than 1 turn and my end links are perfect.

i know that mine actuallypassed through josh's hands dont know if i am lucky or the recipient of some extra qual control

First of the BCE is a great rep but as usual there are some quality issues. In this thread I want to address them and find a solution for them.

My BCE is near perfect except for 2 issues:

1: A gap where the enlink sits againts the case (also see post Woody)

2: The crown won't screw on properly

For the first problem I have come up with a solution of which I will post some pics in next couple of days (some thin tape which I taped on the enlink to make it a bit thicker)

Now the second problem:

I can only screw on the crown about 1/4 of a turn. So just enough to have it stay in properly. I don't know if more owners have this same problem but my guess is that either:

1. The screw thread is too short?

2. The stem is too long?

3. The Tube is too long?

Any experts who know how to fix this or maybe already have fixed this problem before?

I got mine from Angus and the end links look fine to me and the crown screws in just fine so it sits flush against the case. I just unscrewed it and rescrewed it back in, and it turns about one and a quarter turns or so (it's kind of hard to tell) but it's definitely tightly screwed in. I think unfortunately you just have a bad one.

By the way, this is a GREAT looking rep, definitely the best one I have seen (although the HBB is a very close second). It's become my everyday watch as the HBB is just too gaudy to wear with a suit.

Same here. Got mine (a swiss 7750 though) from King.

No screw or gap issue. :victory:

edit: I must add that when i received it, it had a very thin gap. I change the ss band to the leather one. When i swapped it back to the SS band (quite a uneasy job though), the gap has dissapeared. Luck !!! It may be a trick to try ?

Xel B)

Edited by xelorrolex

Hi Rolex,

Yeah I hate my gap issue. I have sent my BCE to Zigman to fix it, along with my datewheel issue. I do not remember that I have the crown issue, so I think your crown may be an isolated issue, and you may need to check with the dealer on that. Sorry I do not have more useful information at this time.

Are the bezel screws fine or need to be loctited like previous Breitling reps?

Does the crown thread have an O-ring (and does the genuine) ?

Edited by Chronus