When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Po Mods

vaccum

This is is my latest addition the Black/Orange Ultimate PO

Relumed dial, hands and pearl whooooha! :D Also realigned insert waterproofed and movement serviced.

All inserts are mis aligned due to the design of the bezel...you will see it on the following pics

You can see where the pearl was glued it is to the right just to align it with the "peak" at the top of the bezel

207081-335.jpg

The correct position is a bit to the left so I took my trusty dremel and voila :D

207081-336.jpg

Now I removed the old lume from the pearl and relumed it with c-3

207081-337.jpg

207081-338.jpg

207081-339.jpg

I also did my pumpkin :D

207081-340.jpg

207081-341.jpg

rep lume vs. c-3

207081-342.jpg

Aligned insert

207081-343.jpg

207081-344.jpg

No post is complete without the lume shot 8)

207081-345.jpg

207081-346.jpg

Thanks for looking.

vaccum

Looks great, vacuum. I assume that the bezel clicks are aligned with the points on the outer edge so you can just use those as a reference for where to relocate the pearl.

You got it! The factory aligned the pearl to the outer points of the bezel, but the "clicks" does not align with the 12 marker....so the solution is to move the bezel a bit to the left.

PS. The glue on the bezel is not doing a good job :thumbdown:

awesome work vaccum as usual! i'm looking at my remaining c3 lume ready to do the same to my ultimate and looking at my gen and i realized.... it's c1! it's all c1! dial, hands, and pearl on my genuine. both my gen smp's are c3 but the gen is definatly c1. the weird thing is. it glows like c3. i don't think it's the normal tritec superlume on the gen. c1 never glows as bright as the genuine does. it's a bit puzzling! :animal_rooster:

awesome work vaccum as usual! i'm looking at my remaining c3 lume ready to do the same to my ultimate and looking at my gen and i realized.... it's c1! it's all c1! dial, hands, and pearl on my genuine. both my gen smp's are c3 but the gen is definatly c1. the weird thing is. it glows like c3. i don't think it's the normal tritec superlume on the gen. c1 never glows as bright as the genuine does. it's a bit puzzling! :animal_rooster:

I posted this at RWI also and we were discussing the same about the lume color on the Gen PO, Polex sub, Steelfish and BCE. We all know Polex sub is c-1, but I am thinking that the others are a mixture of different pigments of superluminova...something like the mixture you do for the PAMs. 80% c-1 / 20 c-3 is your rate? I went to the AD yesterday and looked at the PO's and Steelfish...those didn't looked like c-1, meaning completely white uncharged, but the lume power was like c-3 :wounded1:

I posted this at RWI also and we were discussing the same about the lume color on the Gen PO, Polex sub, Steelfish and BCE. We all know Polex sub is c-1, but I am thinking that the others are a mixture of different pigments of superluminova...something like the mixture you do for the PAMs. 80% c-1 / 20 c-3 is your rate? I went to the AD yesterday and looked at the PO's and Steelfish...those didn't looked like c-1, meaning completely white uncharged, but the lume power was like c-3 :wounded1:

it could be a mix. i will say for sure when charged, it gives almost the same glow as c3, when discharged it looks pure c1. i don't think it's tritec on the gen..... i'm going to guess it's something like 70% c1 30% natural for a very slight off-white with a c3-ish glow.

208172-132.jpg

208172-133.jpg

it could be a mix. i will say for sure when charged, it gives almost the same glow as c3, when discharged it looks pure c1. i don't think it's tritec on the gen..... i'm going to guess it's something like 70% c1 30% natural for a very slight off-white with a c3-ish glow.

208348-90.jpg

208348-91.jpg

Thanks for the input! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

vaccum

• 4 weeks later...
OK I'm stupid but what is C-3 and where do I get it. Also interested in waterproofing method. Thnaks!

C-3 is the most powerful lume pigment, same used on some gen watches. In order to make a watch waterproof you need to inspect and lube all seals and make shure the crystal is correctly pressed and test the watch with the appropriate equipment.

vaccum

Great job Vaccum !!

In order to realigned the insert to make it center I must take out the pearl and move it a bit, am I right?

Another thing: what kinds if glue you used ?

thank you

Actually I moved the whole insert CCW

Structural epoxy was used.

• 2 months later...