When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Apology To V

beano2004

Kostas,

My intentions were not that to use you for your information and nor did i ever at any moment take that for granted. In all of my messages i always said thank you for helping me out i really appreciate it. Had i known that you would have been so mad that i was not going to buy your items i would have just bought them if for anything the time that you have given me and help on my project. While i was quite suprised to see a topic created about me being a jerk and how i wasted so much of your time. When i first emailed you it was simply to ask you some questions on your Pam, i never emailed you with the intentions of buying parts from you, that was a generous offer that you sent to me. YOu also know that I had no idea what a swiss movement costed nor how hard it is to obtain, you also know that my main concern with buying the movement was to pay for the canyon pin parts and pay to have my watch guy intstall them. When i started to do some research i found a complete movement with the canyon pin already installed for a lot less. Seeing that you were upset i offerd you $225 for everything which is still a bit high but seeing you were helping me out i felt it was worth it, then you blocked me and got mad.

Thats fine i can get on peoples blocked list and people dont have to sell or buy from me, those who have know im a man who stands behind his word and the many of people that have bought from me tend to buy again becasue of that, if something breaks or is wrong i right the situaiton. If there is buyers remorse i buy the watch back, your right im a bad guy who is a jerk to everyone.

I think this situation was over stated, and im simply writing this to apologize to Kostas for it coming to an open forum. I have nothing to hide nor was i trying to screw you out of information or anything like that. You can accept my apology or not either way it takes a man to stand behind his word.

Bean

:huh:

I think this situation was over stated, and im simply writing this to apologize to Kostas for it coming to an open forum.
I can't seem to find the 'apology' in here... Maybe if I look a little harder... :cc_confused:

your right im a bad guy who is a jerk to everyone.

No, that's sarcasm; definitely not it... I'll try again... :brow:

You can accept my apology or not either way it takes a man to stand behind his word.

Aha! There it is! :D Oh no wait... That's not it either. :huh: That references a previous apology that was not actually specifically made...

Dunno Bean; think you should change the thread title from 'Apology to V' to 'Justification for my actions', or 'Why I'm not wrong'.

Gee,

This sounds familiar doesn't it? We have a guy that said that he is wrong, then said why he thinks he wasn't wrong, and in the process of it, screw with people's time. If you said you are a man of your words, then why are we here? Your apology is half assed, and, just like Ethan said, it really does not seem to be all that genuine. The point Kostas has said, it's not about the money, this coming from a man that has bought real Pams. He really went out of his way to tell you everything. Just looking at the list of questions that he asked you astounds me. And if you are not sure about what your watch smith is going to charge you, why don't you inquire ahead of time? If you bother Kostas so much, then bargaining of the last few dollars really should not even matter. Just my opinion. You kind of reminded me of someone, whom had previously screwed another member on the forum on a watch deal, then came on to apologize, and to this day, he still did not provide a solid reason as to why he dicked the other member in the first place.....

I thing if we look at the deep deep deeep deepest side of his hard We can see the apology. To apology from someone is the hardest thing especiall If you do it open way to puplic... What ever Hey beano2004 just add final sentence ''I am sorry Kostas''

To me this sounds more like a rationalisation of the situation from your point of view mainly for public sympathy..

I am still convinced that you definately don't believe that you did anything wrong.. so there is no need for an apology.

I am personally ONLY apologising when I understand I did something wrong. (Well of course I say sometimes sorry to my wife because I don't like bed-grumbling :p )

Kostas, im not looking for public sympathy, and maybe i dont quite understand how angry you have gotten when i said i didnt want the package, I do know that i caused you to get angry and that was never my intentions and for that i apologize.

Secondly, i often never in a publis forum make apologies and usually the only person i apologize to is my wife, as i hate sleeping on the couch.

To me this sounds more like a rationalisation of the situation from your point of view mainly for public sympathy..

I am still convinced that you definately don't believe that you did anything wrong.. so there is no need for an apology.

I am personally ONLY apologising when I understand I did something wrong. (Well of course I say sometimes sorry to my wife because I don't like bed-grumbling :p )

Kostas, im not looking for public sympathy, and maybe i dont quite understand how angry you have gotten when i said i didnt want the package, I do know that i caused you to get angry and that was never my intentions and for that i apologize.

Secondly, i often never in a publis forum make apologies and usually the only person i apologize to is my wife, as i hate sleeping on the couch.

Ok then... apology accepted..

This forum doesn't need and doesn't deserve any negative vibes.. It is one of the best forums and by far the best Replica forum that exists (and will ever exist) and we should protect it.

Ok then... apology accepted..

This forum doesn't need and doesn't deserve any negative vibes.. It is one of the best forums and by far the best Replica forum that exists (and will ever exist) and we should protect it.

hi V,

i totally agree with this, we all need good vibes, and not bad moods.

this kind of guys, give them a big asskick to the moon.

cheers

rolli

You know, I read this post, and V’s original post, and I still don’t get what the big deal is?

Looks to me like there are two issues:

From what I have read (and please correct me if I am wrong) Bean was going to buy some parts from V, but than changed him mind. What exactly is wrong with changing ones mind when making a purchase? If money had changed hands and than Bean changed his mind, that is one thing. But that doesn’t seem to be the case here. I suppose it would be considered very rude if Bean never PM’d V to let him know he changed his mind (did he?), but other than that, I don’t see the big deal, I used to be in sales, and that just comes with the territory.

The other issue appears to me (and again, please correct me if I am wrong) is that V is disgruntled because he helped Bean by giving Bean some advice and pointing Bean in the right direction in order to save Bean some money when buying some parts, and than saw no monetary gain (by selling him parts) for bestowing his knowledge onto Bean.

AGAIN, PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG…but if that is the case, that this whole issue is blown a little out of proportion.

This forum is all about helping each other out in the pursuit of our “little hobby” and members like V and Zig and Joe and palp and all the others bring a invaluable wealth of info to the rest of us and I imagine, because of that, members like V and Zig and Joe and palp and all the others get bombarded with questions, and I am sure a lot of them are stupid and annoying…but isn’t that why they are here in the first place? Because the love tinkering with watches and helping out the members of this forum and hopefully making a little $$ on the side? While I can see why V might be irritated and/or annoyed in this case, making a thread solely to vilify Bean seems, IMHO, a little over the top in this case.

From what I have read (and please correct me if I am wrong) Bean was going to buy some parts from V, but than changed him mind. What exactly is wrong with changing ones mind when making a purchase?

See, I understood it as V had bought some parts for Bean. Bean changed his mind and V was left holding the baby. V isn't a dealer, so he doesn't hold a stock of parts, meaning if he gets you something, he has to pay for it up front out of his own pocket.

See, I understood it as V had bought some parts for Bean. Bean changed his mind and V was left holding the baby. V isn't a dealer, so he doesn't hold a stock of parts, meaning if he gets you something, he has to pay for it up front out of his own pocket.

that is how i read it as well.

First, it's good that an apology was given and recieved. Way to man up. Good for both of you.

I think it's safe to assume, due to the sheer amount of comminucation, that a deal between Beano and V had been arranged and agreed upon. That being said I think there were two mistakes here. First, V, you should never have been trusting enough to purchase goods before you were paid. I've done it, been burned by it, and have learned from it. I suspect that's why you were so understandlby [censored]. Believe me I understand. Second, Beano if you had a qualm about the price you should have brought it up much earlier in your conversations. Bargaining for a lower price is a dishonorable tactic to pull at the 12th hour on someone who has been so helpful to you, especially a non dealer, and especially over such a minimal amount. That's my take on it. Glad to see it's worked out. Good luck to the both of you!

First, it's good that an apology was given and recieved. Way to man up. Good for both of you.

I think it's safe to assume, due to the sheer amount of comminucation, that a deal between Beano and V had been arranged and agreed upon. That being said I think there were two mistakes here. First, V, you should never have been trusting enough to purchase goods before you were paid. I've done it, been burned by it, and have learned from it. I suspect that's why you were so understandlby [censored]. Believe me I understand. Second, Beano if you had a qualm about the price you should have brought it up much earlier in your conversations. Bargaining for a lower price is a dishonorable tactic to pull at the 12th hour on someone who has been so helpful to you, especially a non dealer, and especially over such a minimal amount. That's my take on it. Glad to see it's worked out. Good luck to the both of you!

thanks, there are alot of people reading into this, v never bought parts on my behalf, he already had these in his possession and was thinking about using them on another project, he agreed to sell them to me because he knows how hard they are to find and buy. i agreed to buy them but had second doubts due to paying more money for the mods to be completed. im glad its all over and i will never agree on items i dont research first. lesson learned.

bean

As beano said I haven't bought parts for him.. If you read the original post I say that I HAD the parts beano was searching for and told him to do an offer if he wanted them immediate and without the research... He said Ok at the price, I gave him my paypal and I was waiting for the payment.

Anyway.. I think it is probably my English but my problem never was the 'non-taking part' deal (although it bothered me as well because usually when I personally say I will buy something you can consider it SOLD - or I don't say anything) in the first place but his excuse... of not wanting to spend 30$ more while I have already saved him 200$ with one day of my time with PMs back and forth...