When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PayPal and MoneyBookers

Guest TTK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much does Moneybookers charge for $350?

I don't know yet, i think there is a 1.5% charge for credit cards? I think its free if you do it via bank wire - but you have to wire it from your bank so that is usually a 10 dollar or so charge.

f-in paypal :)

this is obviously the way for most of the dealers - i have used joshs' new cc payment processing and that was smooth as silk.

Silix make a discount

Then it looks like silix are the ones to go if you have to use MB .... anyone using NoChex... no problem :D

I did a bank transfer to my moneybookers account on Friday so we shall see how it works when I pay Eddie. I went through the verification process months ago but have never used the account since.

Payment to asian dealers could really become a problem if the powers that be keep looming over them watching every move we and them make!

How much does Moneybookers charge for $350?

for credit card it is about 2%... for funding by wire, i could not find a charge, but it takes 2-5 days. i assume they use the interest earned in lieu of hard fees.

i just signed up myself. for U.S domiciled members, the biggest problem i see is the limit.. about $327 for 60 days for credit card funded purchases. You can wire funds into the account at ur expense, but if you are going to do that, you may as well wire to the dealers directly. At least than you have quicker access.

GET A MONEYBOOKERS ACCOUNT NOW..........ALMOST ALL DEALERS WILL HAVE A MONEYBOOKERS ACCOUNT....IT'S JUST AS EASY AS PAYPAL.....!

So how much is Moneybrokers paying you? :g:

Sorry, but in this day and age, I think I'll pass on linking a foreign financial institution to my banking account. When my bank account is drained, who exactly am I supposed to call? I am sure that Queen Elizabeth will be very concerned.

Other issues that I can see, although this isn't all that clear to me, is that it appears these transactions are all done in Euros. So that means that if I link my CC to this account I have to pay a -- very expensive -- exchange fee for every purchase. CC's charge about the highest exchange rate of any method of exchanging currency.

I like reps, but will do without in such circumstances.

I can understand how P*ypal is pissing people off. Totally understandable, and I would agree with you.

So if a dealer offers no other payment mechanisms, than I will not buy from them. I think Trusty and Josh have a perfect solution in figuring out how to take CC's. If it is anything like the US, there are services you can join as a small business that enables you to take credit cards. This way, I can use my one-time-use ShopSafe credit card number and both of us will be safe and happy.

Worse case scenario, I just just have to cool my heels and take the time to use a postal money order. Dealers might consider establishing a mechanism of trust with some of the established customers around here. I am sure if Pug or ByTor tell one of the dealers to send them a watch and the payment is in the mail, there should be enough trust there to allow pre-shipment. Maybe if when you mail the payment, get a tracking number that shows when the item was actually posted into the system might work as well. The dealer could check to see if the tracking number is active then ship the watch. If the envelope comes in and is empty or no payment then that is no more of a loss than some of the other situations that happen when we order watches (lost shipment, confiscated by customs, whatever).

Of course you'd only want to use this method with people who you've done business with already. I know in my situation, I'd rather take a loss than screw around with one of our dealers such that he doesn't want to do business with me any longer. If the dealers were smart, they'd start a mutual banned list of people to not do business with--a blackball list so to speak.

My two cents.

/Tim

Edited by Tim

the info you use to "verify" the bank acct is an acct number and routing number avail on any check from yor acct. they dont take money from your acct you have to wire it to them.

So how much is Moneybrokers paying you? :g:

Sorry, but in this day and age, I think I'll pass on linking a foreign financial institution to my banking account. When my bank account is drained, who exactly am I supposed to call? I am sure that Queen Elizabeth will be very concerned.

Other issues that I can see, although this isn't all that clear to me, is that it appears these transactions are all done in Euros. So that means that if I link my CC to this account I have to pay a -- very expensive -- exchange fee for every purchase. CC's charge about the highest exchange rate of any method of exchanging currency.

I like reps, but will do without in such circumstances.

I can understand how P*ypal is pissing people off. Totally understandable, and I would agree with you.

So if a dealer offers no other payment mechanisms, than I will not buy from them. I think Trusty and Josh have a perfect solution in figuring out how to take CC's. If it is anything like the US, there are services you can join as a small business that enables you to take credit cards. This way, I can use my one-time-use ShopSafe credit card number and both of us will be safe and happy.

Worse case scenario, I just just have to cool my heels and take the time to use a postal money order. Dealers might consider establishing a mechanism of trust with some of the established customers around here. I am sure if Pug or ByTor tell one of the dealers to send them a watch and the payment is in the mail, there should be enough trust there to allow pre-shipment. Maybe if when you mail the payment, get a tracking number that shows when the item was actually posted into the system might work as well. The dealer could check to see if the tracking number is active then ship the watch. If the envelope comes in and is empty or no payment then that is no more of a loss than some of the other situations that happen when we order watches (lost shipment, confiscated by customs, whatever).

Of course you'd only want to use this method with people who you've done business with already. I know in my situation, I'd rather take a loss than screw around with one of our dealers such that he doesn't want to do business with me any longer. If the dealers were smart, they'd start a mutual banned list of people to not do business with--a blackball list so to speak.

My two cents.

/Tim

the info you use to "verify" the bank acct is an acct number and routing number avail on any check from yor acct. they dont take money from your acct you have to wire it to them.

You think it's safe to give an off-shore entity of any sort your account information? Then your address? And a credit card number as well?

.....interesting.

And what do I do when their computer systems are hacked and my accounts drained? I begrudgingly gave that information to P*ypal because if they messed me up or were the cause of any sort of fraud on my account I'd sue them.

The primary reason it is dangerous is exactly because I have no recourse should anything go wrong.

/Tim

Edited by Tim

Moneybookers is located in England and they follow the same rules (Issued by Financial Service Authority (FSA) in England) as all banks in England has to do (including branches of american banks). I wouldn't really worry about the info you would have to give them. Also, I don't see why they should be more concerned by hackers than any other financial service should be, like the bank you use every day :g:

Admin

You think it's safe to give an off-shore entity of any sort your account information? Then your address? And a credit card number as well?

.....interesting.

And what do I do when their computer systems are hacked and my accounts drained? I begrudgingly gave that information to P*ypal because if they messed me up or were the cause of any sort of fraud on my account I'd sue them.

The primary reason it is dangerous is exactly because I have no recourse should anything go wrong.

/Tim

To us, Western Union and Paypal are offshore. MonkeyBonkers are based in London, not unlike, most likely, either your bank or insurance company.

You expect every dealer here (are there any US-based replica dealers on this forum?) to deal with your offshore US-based systems to put you at ease, when those very US-based systems are the problem?

You're buying into an offshore hobby, I'm afraid. If you don't trust British banks, you'd best stick to Western Union and pay the surcharge for your security.

To us, Western Union and Paypal are offshore. MonkeyBonkers are based in London, not unlike, most likely, either your bank or insurance company.

You expect every dealer here (are there any US-based replica dealers on this forum?) to deal with your offshore US-based systems to put you at ease, when those very US-based systems are the problem?

You're buying into an offshore hobby, I'm afraid. If you don't trust British banks, you'd best stick to Western Union and pay the surcharge for your security.

actually i believe money bookers banks with commerz bank AG frankfurt. But your point is well taken.

I haven't trusted the British since Group Captain Mandrake killed General Ripper at Burpleson AFB.

And the French! Don't get me started about the French. Long live Freedom Fries! :bleh:

/Tim

(Please know that this is meant as "sick" humor)