When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 45mm

r11co

Thanks to Ziggmeister and Neil I've successfully 'repaired' the damage. Crystal is now de-fogged and the face looks black instead of grey through it. I've straightened the crooked dial and replaced the rotor screw using bits from one of my scrap watches.

Thanks to Ziggmeister and Neil I've successfully 'repaired' the damage. Crystal is now de-fogged and the face looks black instead of grey through it. I've straightened the crooked dial and replaced the rotor screw using bits from one of my scrap watches.

Well done Rico. I'm sure Andrew will sort out the strap problem and then we can look forward to some nice snaps of it.

Neil - my humph is doon noo and I must remember not to visit the board when I've over imbibed. Typing in that state is bad enough, forming reasoned thoughts........impossible. :lol:

I did have cause to get tipsy though............did I mention that we won the league last night? ;)

Hope to see you when you get back.

JTB

What league...... :rolleyes:

Sorry to say JTB.....that I find it difficult nowadays to get impassioned about something that doesn't impact directly on my life....or that I have no direct control over....... :lol:

Congratulations to the 'tic........my POV has always been if the Gers can't win it.....then I'm happy to see another Glasgow team do so....I don't subscribe to the old bigotry......!

Edited by TTK

What league...... :rolleyes:

Sorry to say JTB.....that I find it difficult nowadays to get impassioned about something that doesn't impact directly on my life....or that I have no direct control over....... :lol:

Congratulations to the 'tic........my POV has always been if the Gers can't win it.....then I'm happy to see another Glasgow team do so....I don't subscribe to the old bigotry......!

For sure Neil...bigotry is for the mugs. Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly rivalry though. I'm sure the pendulum will swing back the other way soon.

Now lets hope Gretna can win the Cup Final against the Jambos. (sorry edge!) Wouldn't that be something?

JTB

As you know......I'm not a great one for 'rippin the [censored]' out of people.....( yeah right :brow: )......but 'friendly' rivalry is OK......a bit like the old joke about the Rangers fan being interviewed by Chic Young......"there'll never be peace until they stoap shitting in my shoes ....and I stoap pissing in their Bovril".........:lol:

Edited by TTK

UPDATE!

This morning my postman handed me a package that was way to heavy to be just a rubber strap. Opened it and sure enough it was another PO from Andrew with strap attached this time!

Closer inspection reveals why...

22401-1749.jpg

The strap is the same as the first one I got and in fact a good rep of the real Omega deal. The watch case has had to be modified to make it fit. The first watch I received is on the left. New one is on the right with extra lugholes drilled closer to the watch body and a locating hole to accomodate a lug on the strap-end has been added.

The new one has the same 'foggy' interior so I guess I'll be cleaning this one out too...

22401-1750.jpg

10 out of 10 to Andrew, but a big zero to his suppliers for using him and his customers as product developers!! I'd also fancied doing some mods to the pearl so this gives me some spares to work on!!!

PS. Just taken the back off - this one's corroded too. So much so that the rotor is stuck. Guess I'll be doing a movement swap as well..... :huh:

Edited by r11co

The new one has the same 'foggy' interior so I guess I'll be cleaning this one out too...

:angry2:

Just taken the back off - this one's corroded too. So much so that the rotor is stuck. Guess I'll be doing a movement swap as well..... :huh:

:angry2:

I hope that's not the costly ETA version.

Nice watch anyway. :)

@r11co

I'm also waiting for my second 45mm PO (black on rubber) - first had same problems as you described (crystal fog, corroded movt screws/rotor etc.)

Firstly, I hope I'm as laidback about receiving a iffy replacement (same QC issues), as you seem to be, credit to you for that. Fingers crossed I won't need to be.

I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't a teeny bit concerned now after seeing this post - whilst Andrew is one of the best around, I do wonder if his suppliers' QC isn't quite what it should be. I've had a couple of DOAs recently, PO aside, and whilst there's no doubting his customer service, it's frustrating and disappointing when you receive something that's not right :frusty: .

Cannot beat your dealer picking out your watch for you......:D

See you when I get home r11co.....with a nice PO.....ETA....!

Looking forward to it :Jumpy:

Well folks, here's the (almost) finished article - defogged, de-rusted and with a snug fitting strap. The pic ain't good enough for the photo gallery so I'm posting it here.

22840-1604.jpg

Just when I was getting ready to order the 42mm PO from Andrew - this situation crops up. It seems like a recent development, too. I don't remember people mentioning the fog and rust a few weeks ago. I'n mot sure what to do right now.

@r11co - I give you a lot of cedit for taking this in stride, it seems you are very handy with the watch repairs. If it happened to me, I'd be SOL, have to depend completely on Andrew to make it right.

Just when I was getting ready to order the 42mm PO from Andrew - this situation crops up. It seems like a recent development, too. I don't remember people mentioning the fog and rust a few weeks ago. I'n mot sure what to do right now.

@r11co - I give you a lot of cedit for taking this in stride, it seems you are very handy with the watch repairs. If it happened to me, I'd be SOL, have to depend completely on Andrew to make it right.

The fog and rust thing is only on the 45mm cheaper asian auto version. My 42mm orange version is fine.

@rek001 - its a quality control issue which so far has tarnished (no pun intended) only the 45mm Asian version of this watch. Admittedly it is half the current price of the best 42mm 'ETA' ones (with no 45mm ETA officially on the market yet), but if it is any compensation - this watch is now running +5 secs a day with some lubrication and no regulation.

I'm happy!

Edited by r11co

Thanks much for your comments - I'm only interested in the 42mm as the 45 is just too big for me. So I am reasurred, thanks!

Again, good for you having such skills.