When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

petition to give flicklockbuckle [the boot] EDIT: his own humor section

deltatahoe

i've had enough of fliplockbuckle's [censored].

anybody who has a clue knows this guy is a total scam. from breaking multiple $250 crystals using a hockey puck and a vise as a crystal press to his ridiculous video guide to modding a 'shitty' bezel insert, every single topic this guy has started has been geared at making fun of RWG. the idea of someone getting off on making fun of our hobby and forum really irks me. while at first it was fun to make fun of the guy, i think it's time to give him the boot. anybody else feel the same way?

admin/mods, is there any reason this guy hasn't been banned yet?

deltatahoe

I don't think he deserves to get booted. He hasn't personally attacked anyone or started any fights or really caused any trouble. He always seems cordial when people rip him a new one for being such an idiot. His antics don't bother me in the slightest. The hockey puck and a vice thing has also become an instant classic. I have used it several time as quick rebuts for stupid questions.

This is a public forum and not by invitation only. If we booted everyone who makes some stupid comments or gets on some members nerves, I would have been gone a long time ago.

Stupid comments and antics aside, he's tried to get members to modify their watches by using hockey pucks and a vise, then a hammer and epoxy and bathroom silicone, etc...

Antics aside, were here to help members - not get them to destroy their watches.

That is what I have issue with, not everyone reads a post the same way, I would feel bad if someone posted that they tried one of his "methods" and damaged their watch. That is the issue.

Maybe the mods can move all his posts to the "Humor" section instead...

RG

Stupid comments and antics aside, he's tried to get members to modify their watches by using hockey pucks and a vise, then a hammer and epoxy and bathroom silicone, etc...

Antics aside, were here to help members - not get them to destroy their watches.

That is what I have issue with, not everyone reads a post the same way, I would feel bad if someone posted that they tried one of his "methods" and damaged their watch. That is the issue.

Maybe the mods can move all his posts to the "Humor" section instead...

RG

Bingo!!!!

They belong in the humor section.

How many of us have had a thread shipped of to another forum title almost instantly because we mention a brand name or a balance wheel. I guess humor is harder to identify. I personally have always chuckled at the guys posts but tongue in cheek is hard over the web.

I don't think that many people would be dumb enough to copy him. Every time he posts a stupid repair there are many replies talking about how dumb the idea is. This is sure to deter anyone from trying this at home.

Guest avitt

The internet can be a very dangerous place for the gullible, the dimwitted, and the naive. FLB can help provide valuable life lessons for such people, while causing minimal damage... ;)

I don't think that many people would be dumb enough to copy him. Every time he posts a stupid repair there are many replies talking about how dumb the idea is. This is sure to deter anyone from trying this at home.

I am still relatively new here, but have been collecting watches for a long time. I watched his last vid about the pearl without knowing his act. I was following along thinking his English isn't very good, but I lived in Germany for a couple of years and I've seen worse. I was watching with curious interest until he pulled out the epoxy and I said to myself the man is daft, and I flicked it off. Like I said, I didn't know he was doing this to be funny.

I can see someone not knowing what they are doing, new to watches and collecting, and wanting to try a mod, coming across a vid like that one and doing something stupid--as beginners are likely to do anyhow. I've been messing with watches like I said, a long time and I still do something stupid every now and then. When I first began, you should have seen how many times I swore, cussed, stabbed myself, and generally went apoplectic every time I had to deal with a springbar. I think back and laugh at myself.

I think moving it to a humor section would be a good idea. Then at least there is a warning of what to expect.

I'll have to watch that vid again with the thought of it being a comedy act.

/Tim

to be honest, i'm really happy with the way things are going here. i think relocating him to the humor section would be a much better outcome than kicking him off. FLB's posts ARE funny.

let's give him his own section like david suggested ("FLB's Tips and Tricks for the Neandrathal Trainee Watchmaker" is a perfect title). if he's really just having fun making humorous posts, then hopefully he will embrace the idea and keep up the good work. but for whatever reason, i have a feeling the fun of it will go away for him if we do this. given the comedy value of his posts, i certainly hope not.

deltatahoe

He takes the [censored] every time he posts. If you don't know the history he could cost you if you followed one of his 'guides'. If this thread had come up a month ago then I would have agreed to ban him, however, I feel he is now 'game' for counter [censored] takes. As long as the mods are aware of him and enough senior members are around we should be able to steer the unwary away from him while having a bit of fun.....IMHO

I love his posts. He keeps us on our toes and gives us excuses to try to find the holes in his elaborate setups.

Sure, he's dangerous to n00bz0rz that use the search feature, but seeing as none of them do, it's fine. :D

ps. Yes, I think his posts need moving.

He takes the piss every time he posts. If you don't know the history he could cost you if you followed one of his 'guides'. If this thread had come up a month ago then I would have agreed to ban him, however, I feel he is now 'game' for counter piss takes. As long as the mods are aware of him and enough senior members are around we should be able to steer the unwary away from him while having a bit of fun.....IMHO

Oh don't worry the whole Admin team is aware of him. B)

Ken