When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss 7750 Movements on the Bay

Don't know if anyone is interested but I came upon a seller on the bay who has a large number of true Swiss 7750 movements. He bought a lot of 200 or so in 2002 and 2003. He serviced them and sealed them up. Be advised that these are the older 17 jewel movements which were made in the late 80's. Current 7750's have 25 jewels and there is always the question of how it will hold up versus the new ones. The subdials are at 6, 9 and 12. I bought one as a test and shipped it to Ziggy. His report is that it looks and functions very well. I just picked up a half a dozen or so but I thought I would pass it on. Here is one being offered but the seller will discount for multiples. ;) I have no idea how many he has left but I thought folks might have interest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chronograph-Valjoux-Et...tem270098076446

More original movement PAM's or very inexpensive way to upgrade that Asian 7750 whose rotor is driving you nuts in a number of watches. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Kruz :)

P.S. And for you cynical folks, no I am not affiliated with this person.

The extra jewels in the 25 jewel verison are:

1. Tilting pinion mainplate jewel (1)

2. Third wheel mainplate jewel (1)

3. Mainspring ratchet wheel driving wheel, both jewels Upper and Lower (2)

4. Reversing wheel, both jewels, Upper and Lower (2)

5. Center seconds chrono wheel, bridge jewel (1)

6. 30 Minute counter, bridge jewel (1)

I don't think these missing jewels affect the overall functionality of the movement or make it any more unreliable that the 25 Jewel version.

And NO, I have no affiliation to the Ebay seller...just pointing out the differences between the two variants.

RG

Don't know if anyone is interested but I came upon a seller on the bay who has a large number of true Swiss 7750 movements. He bought a lot of 200 or so in 2002 and 2003. He serviced them and sealed them up. Be advised that these are the older 17 jewel movements which were made in the late 80's. Current 7750's have 25 jewels and there is always the question of how it will hold up versus the new ones. The subdials are at 6, 9 and 12. I bought one as a test and shipped it to The Zigmeister. His report is that it looks and functions very well. I just picked up a half a dozen or so but I thought I would pass it on. Here is one being offered but the seller will discount for multiples. ;) I have no idea how many he has left but I thought folks might have interest.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chronograph-Valjoux-Et...tem270098076446

More original movement PAM's or very inexpensive way to upgrade that Asian 7750 whose rotor is driving you nuts in a number of watches. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Kruz :)

P.S. And for you cynical folks, no I am not affiliated with this person.

Do these movements come with day wheel or just date wheel ? I was looking at them recently, but the guy have really bad pictures, so I choose another one, a bit more expensive :wounded1: pity ... Maybe I should get another one for some future projects ...

bye

I don't think so but in truth I don't remember. It shipped to Ziggy as soon as I got it. I didn't care as I am planning on using the datewheels from whatever watch I am swapping the movement for. They all will take both the day and datewheel. If you are doing one particular watch you were probably smart to use the more modern version. I am planning on swapping out a Breit, several PAM's and an IWC or two so full retail was going to get prohibitively expensive.

Can this movement be use on the Tag Link Chrono, I have one that is giving problems, the chrono will start and stop aftere 10 second, and one of subdial continue moving. and if I start the chrono the watch will stop.

I am thinking on replacing or maybe servicing the watch. but I think is better to replace it first.

Thanks

Tourby-

I know you are an expert on movements and able to source things very well. However, for the layman like myself it is a little different. A typical "Swiss" 7750 movement which may or may not be built from used parts and may or may not have quality assembly is running anywhere from $225 on a good day to $275 on a bad one. On these movements they are 17j not 25j and are years old. That is the bad news. However the good news is that it is a true Swiss movement similar to the movements that suppliers sell at close to $400 (albeit the older model). And the first one I got I had tested and inspected by Ziggy. He came back and confirmed it is 100% Swiss, properly serviced and oiled and timed out at COSC quality. By the way my all-in cost for several was way under $175 to the door.

Will the Breit. & IWC Hands be tough to source on the swap? Thanks ;)

I don't think so but in truth I don't remember. It shipped to The Zigmeister as soon as I got it. I didn't care as I am planning on using the datewheels from whatever watch I am swapping the movement for. They all will take both the day and datewheel. If you are doing one particular watch you were probably smart to use the more modern version. I am planning on swapping out a Breit, several PAM's and an IWC or two so full retail was going to get prohibitively expensive.

I bet you have a german version of the saying: "you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?"

I'd be in for 2 if you can sell me some 7750's that pass the The Zigmeister test for less than 200 shipped. I'm not going to hold my breath since I've never seen you offer any better alternative to the products you like to complain about.

In defense of Tourby, I just picked up a Swiss GMT 2893-2 movement for very reasonable money. He was kind enough to advise me that the handset for the 2836 movment wouldn't work which I appreciate.

I do think that Tourby is on the high end of Swiss movements, but how can you not lust after some of the prettiest movements made??

For that special project, I would opt for a Tourby delivered movement. Anyway, my 2c.

skc

I bet you have a german version of the saying: "you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?"

I'd be in for 2 if you can sell me some 7750's that pass the The Zigmeister test for less than 200 shipped. I'm not going to hold my breath since I've never seen you offer any better alternative to the products you like to complain about.

220euro valjoux 7750 - brand new 2007 from Swiss ETA 25 jewels + box

250euro valjoux 7750 decorated cotes de geneve, blued screws - brand new 2007 from Swiss ETA 25 jewels + box

275euro genuine OMEGA valjoux 7750 chronometer COSC decorated (Omega cal. 1152/1154)

shipping cost worldwide 8euro

i had offer this movements here on RWG, but no one was interested or ask me that

I don't think so but in truth I don't remember. It shipped to The Zigmeister as soon as I got it. I didn't care as I am planning on using the datewheels from whatever watch I am swapping the movement for. They all will take both the day and datewheel. If you are doing one particular watch you were probably smart to use the more modern version. I am planning on swapping out a Breit, several PAM's and an IWC or two so full retail was going to get prohibitively expensive.

Well, yes, I got new 25j one, guy was even so kind to give me set of hands (not that I will use them, but ...), day wheel, even EMS shipping, for 238 US$ (180 Euro). The only problem was that I forget to mention it, so he stated full price on declaration and I ended up paying 60 Euro custom duties and taxes :bangin: I guess I'll be more careful next time. Anyhow, here are some pics ...

214987-15829.jpg

214987-15830.jpg

214987-15831.jpg

bye

tourbi-

I completely missed your original offering and those prices are what I have paid in the past for new properly serviced 7750s. I just concluded that it was too good to pass up 7750's for half of what I normally pay. At $150 or so it enables me to upgrade many more watches and keep a spare or two.

tourbi-

I completely missed your original offering and those prices are what I have paid in the past for new properly serviced 7750s. I just concluded that it was too good to pass up 7750's for half of what I normally pay. At $150 or so it enables me to upgrade many more watches and keep a spare or two.

$150 is a good deal

but we have ask about $175 + $60shipping cost to europe. For a 17jewels old model.

That

Agreed that the 17j is not as good as 25j. But I am picking up a half a dozen or so well for well under a thousand and will keep one or two for spares. I am just grateful that they come in good shape and keeping good time. These ones are headed into the EL Pilot Chron, PAM 243, IWC GST Chrono and a couple of others.

Tourby-

I did lose you, at what price can I get a 25j? I hadn't seen one for under $250-300 or so including shipping with the exception of occasional one-offs.

Agreed that the 17j is not as good as 25j. But I am picking up a half a dozen or so well for well under a thousand and will keep one or two for spares. I am just grateful that they come in good shape and keeping good time. These ones are headed into the EL Pilot Chron, PAM 243, IWC GST Chrono and a couple of others.

Tourby-

I did lose you, at what price can I get a 25j? I hadn't seen one for under $250-300 or so including shipping with the exception of occasional one-offs.

Hi

i can

• 5 months later...
No problem. Just have your watchsmith swap the rotor when you transplant the movement. ;)

I thought it might be as easy as that :D Perfect! And so with the genuine 7750 ETA in there and a Gen rotor (if I brought one) it would be basically an all gen movement?

Thank you :D