When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quality Over Quantity

ubiquitous

Just a few quick shots of my small, humble eclectic collection. Many of these I've built and modified myself, though a few remain untouched. I've also managed to part with almost all of my gens; the vintage Omega SM300 is all that remains now.

Over the years, the collection has grown and thinned; these are the ones that seem to have survived the test of time...

MBW 1665 Sea-Dweller

-MBW case

-MBW dial

-ETA 2846

-Watchmeisters prototype date overlay

-Genuine bezel insert

-Genuine T-39 plexi

-Genuine 24-703 Triplock crown

-Genuine 24-7030 tube

-Genuine 580 ends

-Genuine 78360 Oyster bracelet

-Genuine 93150 clasp

-Genuine 2mm springbars

-Drilled lugs

-Shaped CG's

-Caseback paint removed

214520-15998.jpg

Frankenstein 16610 Submariner

-Mystery case

-Noobmariner dial

-ETA 2836

-Noobmariner date overlay

-Mystery hands

-Genuine bezel insert

-Genuine 24-7030 tube

-Noobmariner SEL 93250 Oyster

-Noobmariner caseback

214520-15999.jpg

DW 6265 Daytona

-DW 1st gen 6265 case

-DW 6265 bezel

-DW 1st gen dial

-Swiss Valjoux 23

-V72, V23 and MM hands

-Genuine T-21 crystal

-Genuine 24-7030 tube

-DW 78350 Oyster bracelet

-DW 571 ends

214520-16000.jpg

Frankenstein 16520 Daytona (white)

-Genuine 16520 case

-Genuine bezel

-Genuine tritium dial

-Zenith El Primero 400 (31j)

-Genuine hands

-Genuine 295 crystal

-Genuine 24-7030 tube

-Genuine 78390 Oyster bracelet

-Genuine 503B ends

214520-16001.jpg

Frankenstein 16520 Daytona (black)

-Aftermarket 16520 case

-Aftermarket bezel

-Genuine lumi dial

-Zenith El Primero 400 (31j)

-Genuine hands

-Genuine 295 crystal

-Genuine 24-7030 tube

-Aftermarket hollow Oyster bracelet

-Aftermarket ends

214520-16002.jpg

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 14790

-Thin case model (8.5mm)

-New bracelet modified and fitted

214520-16003.jpg

Patek Philippe Nautilus 3800/1A

-TW Best unmodified

214520-16004.jpg

Custom made 913 Omega Constellation Skeleton

-TW Best Constellation case

-Swiss ETA 2892 skeletonized movement

-Rolex hands

214520-16005.jpg

Genuine Omega 165-024 Seamaster300

-All original

214520-16006.jpg

PAM 009 'Pre-A' PVD

-Unmodified davidsen

-Dirk Deluxe strap with PVD logo buckle

214520-16007.jpg

Frankenstein 3646 Hommage

-PAM 183 rep case

-WM vintage dial

-Davidsen plexi crystal

-Swiss ETA 6497 movement

-PAM 210 hands aged

-MF natural tan strap

214520-16008.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

R

Thanks, gang.

While I love most everything in my collection, the Daytonas absolutely get the most wrist time. Everything else just kinda... sits. But, the Daytonas and the SM300 will be going into a safety deposit box, so the 1665 MBW will probably transition back into becoming my daily wearer (or I find something else of interest).

Aside from that... I'm thinking the PVD PAM009 will probably not be a long term resident. It's a great watch, but 44mm just looks silly on my wrist :black_eye:

LOL...

That second Daytona (White face) isn't even a rep anymore, it is just about a self-assembled gen!! That thing is serious.

Awesome watches dude.

That second Daytona (White face) isn't even a rep anymore, it is just about a self-assembled gen!! That thing is serious.

Same with the black-faced one, no?

Actually, seeing as neither of them has a Rolex rotor, they're still Franks. :D

edit: oops, aftermarket case. I'll shut up. :D

It would take a lot more than just the rotor to turn the movement into a 4030 :p I think the Zenith El Primero 400 has 280 parts (+/-); Rolex refinishes or replaces 240 of those parts. They downshift the beat from 36000bph to 28800bph, and they also add a new microstella balance, etc. But the base movement is the same.

Besides... For me, the rotors are not a big deal. They're hidden behind a closed caseback, and no one will ever see the movement except for myself and ziggy. So, to me, there's not much point in spending the money for those parts. But I certainly don't mind spending $800 on a genuine dial ^_^

The black dialed Daytona is using a non-genuine case specifically for the El Primero. It's almost identical to my genuine case, except the lugs are thicker, the CG's are shaped different, and the bezel is different.

Question- Should your White dial 'F' series Daytona feature Fat Hands? I see they are Genuine, so I'll assume not....

EDIT: I've found where the dial featured BOTH style hands, as the fat hands were introduced later in the series run and in higher production numbers....

Timm-daytona wannabe

Timm,

Actually, both Daytonas are 16520's with the Zenith movement. ;)

This message can not be sent because the recipient's inbox is full.

Hi you tell me if you want to sell your rolex 6265?

Thanks for the interest, but none of my watches are for sale. Sorry...

Interesting you kept your nautilus. I let mine go; the bracelet was not as smooth as I would like (I am guessing you fixed yours w/ a little oil). The numerals on your dial are nice and straight though; mine looked a little off. It is a very accurate rep; I compared it to the gen and was impressed. I guess I just felt like I wasn't able to pull off a nautilus quite yet in life.... :) I decided the VC overseas was a better representation of that look for me (a tad younger and sportier). The nautlius is very distinguished, although a little 80s perhaps?

The daytonas make me drool.

Now thats a nice collection of watches. Not to many and just the essentials.

Thanks, hammy. I myself prefer a smaller collection for sake of my own sanity. When I have too much selection to choose from, I end up 'hmmmmming' a bit too much in the morning when I'm trying to make up my mind on what to wear which ultimately makes me late for the office (a personal pet peeve of mine is not being somewhere on time) :lol:

As it is... I spend enough time trying to figure out which Daytona to wear...

Custom made 913 Omega Constellation Skeleton

very nice randy! i especially miss this one! if you ever want to sell it back to me........ :whistling:

Hmmmm... Let me give it some thought :) I love this watch! But it just never gets the wrist time it deserves :(

Interesting you kept your nautilus. I let mine go; the bracelet was not as smooth as I would like (I am guessing you fixed yours w/ a little oil). The numerals on your dial are nice and straight though; mine looked a little off. It is a very accurate rep; I compared it to the gen and was impressed. I guess I just felt like I wasn't able to pull off a nautilus quite yet in life.... :) I decided the VC overseas was a better representation of that look for me (a tad younger and sportier). The nautlius is very distinguished, although a little 80s perhaps?

The daytonas make me drool.

Yeah... I love my Nautilus. It was a gift from a very kind and generous member of the forum, so it's held a special place in the collection. The design is a bit dated, but I myself enjoy styling from this era :) However, I am thinking that I might have to add the MBK Nauti Jumbo to my collection... The 3800 has a very small presence on the wrist despite it's 37mm case size. Chalk that up to the hinge flaps on the side as the larger contributor to case width (while the actual dial/bezel is rather small). The Jumbo should wear a bit larger, and better suited to taste. The 3800, however, looks great on my wife's wrist.

If I could, I'd swap my 3800's dial with the baton indicies dial... A bit more sporty (the roman numerals makes the watch a bit too dressy feeling).

Thanks all for the kind words! Much appreciated!