When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Lume vs. Gen

dariusp

I just saw the Super lume animation thread and it's very cool, but it got me to thinking. Does the SuperLume out do a Gen? Would you SuperLume a Gen as well? If you don't then does applying SuperLume to a Rep give it away as a Rep because it's "too bright"?

Little bored here, but I figured I'd ask.

Edited by dariusp

I just saw the Super lume animation thread and it's very cool, but it got me to thinking. Does the SuperLume out do a Gen? Would you SuperLume a Gen as well? If you don't then does applying SuperLume to a Rep give it away as a Rep because it's "too bright"?

Little bored here, but I figured I'd ask.

the thing is, even tough most gens already have excellent SL, you could relume them in white, blue, orange, purple whatever (reps too of course), so that you have quite a unique piece. and this makes me damn horny...

Edited by Hok

In my opinion the gens are no where near as bright as these superlumes and it is just a dead give away or a fake as a poor lume.

If you think anyone would actually have a gen lumed you are kidding yourself.

The funny thing is that some gens are not so well lumed and so you can end up with better luminosity than some of the gens. Tough call, eh? :lol:

Most of my genuine have great lume. There are a few exceptions though, like Glycine. Also all Panerai (gen) are not lumed the same, my 024 had crappy lume, but the 104 and 090 have great lume (all F series). My Omega PO (gen) has great lume as well, you can see it glow coming from outside into a brightly lit room. I've had mixed experiences with reps, some are great and others are crappy.