When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Pilot Chrono - Pics!

hilts

Well here's some pics - not the greatest but OK.

First impressions are excellent. Only thing I've been able to pick up on is the day is slightly misaligned in the window. Also the strap is not great but new one odered soon methinks!

Lume is good too!

Apart from that, absolutely first class - easily the best rep I own. (Although hoping for a modded RBJ soon!!)

Some pics here side by side with Big Pilot (gen) and Fiddy (not gen!) to give you idea of size.

Can't wait for the Cousteau now!!

Thanks EL

Hilts :play_ball:

post-5410-1173794150_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1173794158_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1173794164_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1173794173_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1173794182_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1173794219_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1173794233_thumb.jpg

post-5410-1173794253_thumb.jpg

Nice, nice, nice! The lume does look good. Regarding the day alignment, have you cycled through all the days? On my GST chrono, some days look slightly crooked and others look fine.

What's the A/R coating like?

Looks like the perfect size for my 7.5" wrist, not too big and not too small.

man I hate to say it and I know I will get flamed........:)

That date looks terrible.....Why make a limited edition piece with that?

I know I am a whiner.....but is there a fix for this? because when I get mine that is going to drive me crazy.....

I cannot see the blue AR coating that the gen has? Is it there?

Otherwise....very nice!!

Nice, nice, nice! The lume does look good. Regarding the day alignment, have you cycled through all the days? On my GST chrono, some days look slightly crooked and others look fine.

What's the A/R coating like?

Looks like the perfect size for my 7.5" wrist, not too big and not too small.

Edited by chad

Wow looks good- Strap not making it for me but Mine is ordered with strap and bracelet.

For the dates- I find on these it's better to set them a day or two short and then cycle the hands through till you hit the correct day/date setting- that seems to center them fairly well.

EL communication glitches notwithstanding- I'm excited to see mine this week!

I did not specify when I ordered but the photos all had stainless bracelet......

?

Do they all come with both?

Chad

Wow looks good- Strap not making it for me but Mine is ordered with strap and bracelet.

For the dates- I find on these it's better to set them a day or two short and then cycle the hands through till you hit the correct day/date setting- that seems to center them fairly well.

EL communication glitches notwithstanding- I'm excited to see mine this week!

I did not specify when I ordered but the photos all had stainless bracelet......

?

Do they all come with both?

Chad

Yeah i asked EL and he gave me a price for both straps- I just want the "IWC" buckle and will put that on a quality strap.

The watch looks so industrial it might look cool on a Panerai strap nothced to fit??

I wanted the croc to match my Big Pilot and will be getting a better one soon (or OEM but the price is daft). Eddie also sending me the SS for a change when I feel like it.

AR - is there believe me - my pics don't show it up but it is nowhere near in the same league as my BP gen. However, compared to the Rolex SD (gen) it is noticeable as Rolex don't use AR.

On the day - I agree that it is annoying but hey - if it's perfection you need then a gen is the only way to go! This is the only fault I can pick up and I'm sure someone like The Zigmeister could sort it when he gets his hands on one. Maybe mine's a bad un - we'll see when you guys get yours. Out of the box, it's the best I've seen without any work.

Believe me, when it arrives I think you'll be delighted.

Well it looks very good but you do not have to settle when it comes to stuff like crooked dates and stuff that is easily fixable.

Remember the orders were delayed for a o-ring being off by .01mm......If you handed your watch to my non watch nerd friends they would say right away......why is the date crooked? If I handed them an H series PAM they would not ask when the crown is not 1mm thicker..:) I would have halted orders for the date.

The obvious easy fix mistakes are not acceptable to me but the ones that are unavoidable like mvt issues and case design that might be too expensive for them to make or challenging are acceptable to me.

Of course the date might be just fine on others watches but just wanted to say something about flaws and what I can live with and cannot.

If they can reproduce the case on this big bang(awesome) I am wearing now they can align any date wheel!

The watch itself looks really great though!

I wanted the croc to match my Big Pilot and will be getting a better one soon (or OEM but the price is daft). Eddie also sending me the SS for a change when I feel like it.

AR - is there believe me - my pics don't show it up but it is nowhere near in the same league as my BP gen. However, compared to the Rolex SD (gen) it is noticeable as Rolex don't use AR.

On the day - I agree that it is annoying but hey - if it's perfection you need then a gen is the only way to go! This is the only fault I can pick up and I'm sure someone like The Zigmeister could sort it when he gets his hands on one. Maybe mine's a bad un - we'll see when you guys get yours. Out of the box, it's the best I've seen without any work.

Believe me, when it arrives I think you'll be delighted.

Edited by chad

Well it looks very good but you do not have to settle when it comes to stuff like crooked dates and stuff that is easily fixable.

Remember the orders were delayed for a o-ring being off by .01mm......If you handed your watch to my non watch nerd friends they would say right away......why is the date crooked? If I handed them an H series PAM they would not ask when the crown is not 1mm thicker..:) I would have halted orders for the date.

The obvious easy fix mistakes are not acceptable to me but the ones that are unavoidable like mvt issues and case design that might be too expensive for them to make or challenging are acceptable to me.

Of course the date might be just fine on others watches but just wanted to say something about flaws and what I can live with and cannot.

If they can reproduce the case on this big bang(awesome) I am wearing now they can align any date wheel!

The watch itself looks really great though!

Following your logic we would have had PAM autos with perfect date fonts about 2 years ago. Only now they are starting to improve (and are still not perfect)! If you want perfect, go buy a gen for $4K!

right....

if pointing out flaws that could be fixed in future watches and striving for more honesty in our dealers and there transactions makes me sound like someone you would never want to deal with then you should not.

You might buy a watch from me and get it exactly as described and a working tracking number the next morning....

shudder......it is not possible...they are just reps and anything goes...right guys...

but seriously.....an honest question?

If a crooked date (not even referring to this watch, because all the others could be just fine) is not a dealbreaker, why are you into fine watches and iwc's for that matter?.....they are about all the great details and appreciation of them?

Crooked dates and the like are really not even on a 20 dollar timex

I am not referring to the iwc pilot, there is no confirmation of a date problem on any other watch......but just a general question to the forum.

Edited by chad

Offcentre date and day wheels can plague genuine watches also, it is not just the reps that have poor QC issues. I had a Breitling Bentley last year(genuine not rep) and the day wheel was not perfectly in line but it did not really bother me that much as mechanical watches can always vary slightly in their operation. It only becomes an issue for me if the particular day or date is obscured by the aperture. I guess we all have different expectaions and I hope Chad that yours comes soon and is without issues as do I hope mine is. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

right....

if pointing out flaws that could be fixed in future watches and striving for more honesty in our dealers and there transactions makes me sound like someone you would never want to deal with then you should not.

You might buy a watch from me and get it exactly as described and a working tracking number the next morning....

shudder......it is not possible...they are just reps and anything goes...right guys...

but seriously.....an honest question?

If a crooked date (not even referring to this watch, because all the others could be just fine) is not a dealbreaker, why are you into fine watches and iwc's for that matter?.....they are about all the great details and appreciation of them?

Crooked dates and the like are really not even on a 20 dollar timex

I am not referring to the iwc pilot, there is no confirmation of a date problem on any other watch......but just a general question to the forum.

@chad my patience with you is at an end. I think you have expectations beyond what most of the watches and dealers on this forum can deliver. We are buying illegal, counterfeit watches, using Asian made 7750 copy movements for a fraction of the retail price.

A slightly crooked datewheel, that could be due to installation, or may be due to misprinting, is a minor flaw considering that some watches (real and replica) can be supplied with defective movements (i.e. either non-functional or not accurately telling the time). If you were so bothered by 100% perfect datewheel alignment why did you even buy this watch??! The pics in Eddies album clearly show a day and date number that are slightly out of alignment, hell, the date font is even wrong and would be an instant and easy spot for an IWC aficionado!

Eddie is selling a 99% accurate watch, that is not made in a giant factory by a huge international company with ISO 9001 style QC. If you want perfection, seek out either the real thing, or a genuine datewheel and a decent watchmaker who can swap it out for you.

The vast majority of us seem to able to put replica watches into context and set our expectations accordingly, you appear to be the exception. I don't think this hobby, and possibly this forum is suited to your needs.

Ok I will not waste my time on the forum anymore with this issue. I hope everyone enjoys there watches(that is what is important) and ill go back to being a fly on the wall...

Good luck

@chad my patience with you is at an end.

Chad-

Stop whining. You want perfection buy the gen. It is a well known fact that the day/date version of the Asian 7750 almost always has this problem. Yeah, all of them unless you get very lucky. I have two GST's as well as this one with the same issue. It is an issue with the factory that makes the movement not the rep factory. If you want to take your watch to the next level you can relume and fix the datewheel issue with a Swiss movement. You then end up with a very good rep but the cost rises to $550 or so and you are now at 10-15% of gen cost. That is what it takes to take your rep to the next level. Here is your connection for $150 7750's:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry215772

The one caveat is that you have to have a watchsmith who can refit the hands. ;)

@chad my patience with you is at an end. I think you have expectations beyond what most of the watches and dealers on this forum can deliver. We are buying illegal, counterfeit watches, using Asian made 7750 copy movements for a fraction of the retail price.

wow, that reply seems kind of harsh to me. I mean the guy is just letting you know about his priorities and preferances. You do not have to agree with him and you have every right to tell him so, but man, that reply seemed to be directed more to him personally than to the context of his post. Seems kind of tough.

Looks good! Looks like there is only an interior AR coating, the exterior one would cut out the extra reflections given. Looks very very good!!!

I don't know where I'm going to keep all these quality watches being released at the moment!!!

wow, that reply seems kind of harsh to me. I mean the guy is just letting you know about his priorities and preferances. You do not have to agree with him and you have every right to tell him so, but man, that reply seemed to be directed more to him personally than to the context of his post. Seems kind of tough.

+1