When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hat's off to cheiftang!

flavor flav

Damn...

I was on the fence, almost sent 6-10 but wasn't sure how it would turn out. Hoping Chieftang sets up another run soon. :victory:

And I am still avoiding TIVO. My buddies who have it have not left their homes in several months now. :lol:

i have 3 tivos (all HD) :)

1 for my wife, 1 for me and 1 for my mother in law who comes over to help out with the kid. i can record 6 shows simultaneously :) although, i don't need to

Never Watch Commercials - Never Wait for a show to come on - Its all about having your content on demand -

email to phones - ipod - tivo

Don't let your content rule you - --- Rule your Content

Here's the shots of mine:

SMP with AR on inside of crystal:

217903-15214.jpg

Inge with double sided AR coating and new nylon strap:

217903-15215.jpg

Bentley GT with double sided AR coating:

217903-15216.jpg

For watches with a textured dial, it makes a very big difference, as it lets the dial really "pop". Without the AR, they looked a lot cheaper and way more washed out. After AR I am definitely holding onto the Inge and the SMP Chrono, both of which I was considering selling before getting the AR done.

The only rep I have that comes close is the HBB with AR coating already included:

217903-15217.jpg

For Single Sided, the AR coating on the PO Ultimate is a pretty close match to how the SMP Chrono looks:

217903-15218.jpg

Really amazing! Those watches almost look as they have no crystals at all! Congrats, Brian!

Flav, that PAM is not supposed to have a double AR coating, is it?

My Ingie and PAM196 crystals (first double second single coated) are still on the way across the big pond :D I can't wait to get them installed especially the double coated crystal for my Ingie.

Referring to the "issue" (small spots on the edges from the clamps): Brian you did a great job and it was clear to me that there will be some micro spots before I took part in your project. I did a research in Europe earlier and all optical stores and manufacturers told me that the crystals will probably show these spots because they have to be adjusted with small clamps for the ar coating. So no prob to me! As said: A great job and I can't wait to see my crystals :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My Ingie and PAM196 crystals (first double second single coated) are still on the way across the big pond :D I can't wait to get them installed especially the double coated crystal for my Ingie.

Referring to the "issue" (small spots on the edges from the clamps): Brian you did a great job and it was clear to me that there will be some micro spots before I took part in your project. I did a research in Europe earlier and all optical stores and manufacturers told me that the crystals will probably show these spots because they have to be adjusted with small clamps for the ar coating. So no prob to me! As said: A great job and I can't wait to see my crystals :thumbsupsmileyanim:

shultz, thanks for your comments. It should be any day now. I sent yours Global Express on 12 March.

amazing frigging job guys! all them watches look amazing,like as if there is no crystal!

anyway im definitely interested for the 2nd round of this AR adventure as im sure many are.

i have a few noob questions...

will the AR on the outer side come off if it makes contact with water? i mean i read it was durable but how durable?

will it fade over time?

thanks!

will the AR on the outer side come off if it makes contact with water? i mean i read it was durable but how durable?

will it fade over time?

thanks!

No, the coating doesn't come off if it makes contact with water. In fact, it doesn't really come off at all. I'm not sure what you mean by fade. If you mean will the color fade, no. If you mean will the anti-reflective properties degrade, no. The color is not artificial or added, it is simply the color of the AR substrate. As far as durability goes, the coating we used meets military spec Mil-C-675 for durability. It can be touched, washed, etc. But it doesn't withstand abrasives like sapphire (or even mineral), so if you're not using common sense, then you CAN scratch it.