When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

datejust old-style smooth bezel oyster

ken

If you like that watch, go for it. I think these Datejust reps w/ the ETA are some of the best deals going. With a little maintenance and luck, this watch could last you 20-30 years. There are no glaring faults, but it is a rep, so original parts aren't necessarily going to fit, but you'd need a set of calipers to measure the minute differences in sizes. If someone were to call you out on it, it wouldn't be because they knew what they were talking about, it would be because they assume all Rolexes are fakes!

i found this, and i think i like the simplicity - dressy yet sporty, but not too flashy, doesn't really scream ROLEX! however, i want to know if there are any MAJOR cosmetic errors, or if there is anything bad about this certain watch. and if i'm breaking any rules, please take this out.

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=854

The caseback sticker has to go. Smooth bezel Datejust is 16200, not 15200. 15200 model is smooth bezel 34mm Date.

I wouldn't say that with great convitction... i've owned 2 gen 162xxx (fresh from the showroom ) on with a oyster 'smooth' bezel and also a fluted bezel as far as date justs are concerned the penultimate digit on the case reference determines the bezel type ---the option for both [ smooth or fluted]have been there since the word go irrespective of year with the exception of the first run which exclusively ran Jubilee bracelets and fluted bezels .

Ken- date justs/ air kings etc are a staple of the rep community let alone the legit horological comunity ... you can't go wrong with the styling of these watches... they are absoloutly timeless

I wouldn't say that with great convitction... i've owned 2 gen 162xxx (fresh from the showroom ) on with a oyster 'smooth' bezel and also a fluted bezel as far as date justs are concerned the penultimate digit on the case reference determines the bezel type ---the option for both [ smooth or fluted]have been there since the word go irrespective of year with the exception of the first run which exclusively ran Jubilee bracelets and fluted bezels .

Huh? 162XX and 152XX are different watches regardless of bezel or metal. It is the second to last digit that determines the bezel. 0 = smooth, 2 = engine turned 3 = fluted. The last digit is the metal 0 =SS, 3=YG, 4=WG, and so on... can't remember, but platinum is either 8 or 9.

On a 16200, 162=datejust, 0=smooth bezel, 0 =SS.

On a 16220, 162=datejust, 2=engine turned, 0=SS.

On a 16234, 162=datejust, 3=fluted, and 4=WG.

On a 16233, 162=Datejust, 3=fluted, and 3 =YG.

If it was 15200, it would be 152=date, 0=smooth bezel, and 0=ss. I was just pointing out that the sticker on the back of the watch in the photo is of a Date model, with smooth bezel made of SS. The dial is marked Datejust, so I would remove the sticker as it is wrong.

Also, 162XX models are 36mm and 152XX models are 34mm.

Edited by stilty