When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

just arrive: Explorer II

who

my new rolex -_-

This is a GMT Hand adj model from Andrew, I ordered last weeks and like always it arrive in 5 days. Overall the watch looks alright except a few flaws + one defect on the crown guard which is pretty hard to capture but you may see it on the last pic.

Something is interesting at 6 o clock (when the Hr hand and minute hand line up straight like you see on the last pic) It show the 6 hour marker is a bit off. Is it normal?

Any common is welcome

post-5160-1174099537_thumb.jpg

post-5160-1174099859_thumb.jpg

post-5160-1174099904_thumb.jpg

post-5160-1174099952_thumb.jpg

post-5160-1174100033_thumb.jpg

post-5160-1174100081_thumb.jpg

Not the same watch as the pictures on Andrew's website. Mike G got his from Andrew and it looks like the pictures on the website, read post http://www.rwg.cc/members/My-New-Exp-Ii-bi...res-t21102.html. Andrew changed the stock on you. Look at pics from the his web site and Mike G's white dial (also a gmt hand adjustable). The cyclop on your is too far to the right. The date window is bigger and more squarish than rectangle. The crown is much farther away from the bezel. The bezel font is not as bold. The GMT hand's triangle is different. It's an entirely different watch. Not an issue if you like it. But if you were expecting to get what's in the pics, it's not it.

218117-15184.jpg

218117-15185.jpg

218117-15186.jpg

Edited by bklm1234

not to sound negative but u asked me via pm so i am answering, the main thing i hated about the older versions was the bezel font and u have that older bezel font and im not sure u can change it size wise even if andrew sent u a new bezel to install, personally i i like the one andrew shows in his pics better , the bolder font looks more genuine to me

just my two cents

joe

@ who,

Looking at your last pic, it looks to me like your hour hand is off slightly, not the six o'clock marker. In that case, all you'd have to do is reset the hands, no biggy.. If the marker is slightly off, well, that's Chinese QC and there's not much you can do except get a new dial.

Appreciate all the kinds response and valuable common, it make me understand my watch much better. :)

I'm consider to request an exchange cuz the watch I got is entirely different than the pic in the dealer's site

Looks like my project have a very rough start.

This EXP 2 is taken from the best Maker of the Rolex SUBs and I can assure you that the Date Mag is the best you can get. Come on guys, i changed to a better Maker for this Explorer 2 and gosh... people are making noise... Doesnt anyone appreciate this at all? Think about this... why not buy from idealwatches.com since they openly declare that theirs is the BEST..

Thanks!

Andrew

PS: By the way, you should ask him to shoot the entire bracelet. The Rolex Logo on the bracelet clasp is the BEST in the replica industry.

Edited by trustywatchguy

Come on guys, i changed to a better Maker for this Explorer 2 and gosh... people are making noise... Doesnt anyone appreciate this at all? Think about this... why not buy from idealwatches.com since they openly declare that theirs is the BEST..

Calm down, Dun be a Pug ...

Oh no Andrew, don't change to this version.

Mike G didn't post a direct view of his GMT hand adjustable (bought from you). But I'm very sure it has the same dial and cyclop as my hour hand adjustable which I bought from you as well. So I'm comparing mine vs. gen vs. your latest GMT hand adjustable.

Mine's (and Mike G's) cyclop and date window are spot on like the gen (Mike G's GMT hand adjustable should be the same)

219838-14829.jpg

Mike G's:

219838-14830.jpg

Gen:

219838-14831.jpg

your latest stock, date window too big and squarish, cyclop magnification too much. They are both too far to the right:

219838-14832.jpg

Please bring back the old version (the one Mike G got).

-bm

This EXP 2 is taken from the best Maker of the Rolex SUBs and I can assure you that the Date Mag is the best you can get. Come on guys, i changed to a better Maker for this Explorer 2 and gosh... people are making noise... Doesnt anyone appreciate this at all? Think about this... why not buy from idealwatches.com since they openly declare that theirs is the BEST..

Thanks!

Andrew

PS: By the way, you should ask him to shoot the entire bracelet. The Rolex Logo on the bracelet clasp is the BEST in the replica industry.

Edited by bklm1234

Bezel is poor old stock much better. I'm sorry Andrew but if you change your supplier then you should change your stock photographs, otherwise just post pictures of the genuine watches like idealwatches.com and have a disclaimer that watches will be approximate. :thumbdown: You are respecked and a trusted dealer because people can trust that what they see is what they will get not a variation.

Bezel is poor old stock much better. I'm sorry Andrew but if you change your supplier then you should change your stock photographs, otherwise just post pictures of the genuine watches like idealwatches.com and have a disclaimer that watches will be approximate. :thumbdown: You are respecked and a trusted dealer because people can trust that what they see is what they will get not a variation.

I STROGLY second on that.

IT's an issue that i have mentioned in the general section when there was a discussion about misrepresentation.

How do you the dealers (or some of the dealers) expect the buyers not to complain about their purchases when you

don't present the version of the watches you currently are carrying? IF you cannot do that then inform everyone that

they MIGHT get what they see they MIGHT not.

But enough with this, it's an issue the the dealers themselves can easily figure out.

On the Explorer II now:

I don't know if it's a very difficult watch to replicate. But almost all versions are innacurate comparing to the genuine.

Some of them with really bad flaws. Same goes for the GMTII (pre-2006) imo...

The only near perfect version i have seen was this (except the date font):

220484-14623.jpg

go figure....

That's the version I got. Its the correct hand stack version (aka hour hand adjustable). They corrected the bold font but the crown changed from the correct one in your picture to a bigger one (look at my black face). All the dealers tell me there's only one manufacturer who makes this version. It's the best rolex rep lookwise IMO. The crown is even centered, no other rolex gen has that. Paul has the best price, $169+14 WU fee. Here's a couple of pics of mine modded (bezel realigned and refitted=>higher looking crystal, inside of CGs sanded, crown replaced to a correct sized):

220510-14619.jpg

220510-14620.jpg

220510-14621.jpg

IT's an issue that i have mentioned in the general section when there was a discussion about misrepresentation.

How do you the dealers (or some of the dealers) expect the buyers not to complain about their purchases when you

don't present the version of the watches you currently are carrying? IF you cannot do that then inform everyone that

But enough with this, it's an issue the the dealers themselves can easily figure out.

On the Explorer II now:

I don't know if it's a very difficult watch to replicate. But almost all versions are innacurate comparing to the genuine.

Some of them with really bad flaws. Same goes for the GMTII (pre-2006) imo...

The only near perfect version i have seen was this (except the date font):

220510-14622.jpg

go figure....

I love you guys

I have an black dial EXP II with eta 2893. The date font is wrong, the bezel font is a bit off from the gen, the cyclops is too far to the right. Having said that, I wear it every day and it has never been called out. Unless you comparing it to someone who has a gen, it won't get called out. Beautiful watch.

My advice would be to see how well it keeps time over the next few days. If it keeps good time, I'd say you have a keeper.

Just my two cents.

Climb on.