When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

400 bucks to spend........help!

ty7

That is a creative way to ask "who has the best sub" if I ever saw one. The good news is you don't have to spend $400. Buy a noobmariner for around $100. These are great value and you have enough money left over for a high end rep like a Breitling Chronomat.

BTW, Use the search button to find wha you are looking for.

lol....... I did use the search.....it just confused me more....mbw....noobmariner...mods....

I do hate that I missed the ttk groupbuy......I know the quality and prices fluctuate frequently...so I will buy what you guys recommend.......

not best sub........best buy :)

I want a sub- would like your opinion on how best to spend my money :)

I really want something that looks good AND is durable.

chris

Hi Chris,

Not a Rolex fan; too bling and obvious for me but If you've got to have one, I'd say keep it simple and save $200 by getting this from Josh:

218413-15153.jpg

Nice looking watch and a very close rep.

Good luck

Alan

Go for the beginmariner from Josh...just to know the feel of a sub rep...keep your money for the future!

The best question for your self is "why all members try to find the best sub?" and the answer is that there is no best sub!....Read read read and you will see that you will change your mind ,and buy something else!

Two options:

1. If you are looking for the most accurate (as in most closely approximating the appearance of a genuine Rolex Sub), then I would recommend a trip to your local Rolex dealer before doing anything. Look at all the Subs (from all angles), try them on and compare them to other models (there are alot of really great watch brands and models out there that most people don't even know about). Then, take a quick look at the offerings from the dealers listed on this site just to get an idea of what's out there and to test your ability to detect the differences between a rep watch and the real thing (often, especially for a new buyer, the differences can be small, but as you learn more, a minor inaccuracy today can become a painfully embarrassing wart tomorrow).

Then--and this is VERY important--take a trip back to the Rolex dealer and look at the Subs again. When you get home, check out the Rolex website and compare the images of real Subs to the images of the reps. Believe me, not doing this FIRST is the biggest mistake a new buyer can make (and I speak from personal experience here). Once you know what the real thing looks like (and the old line about God being in the details was never more true than when comparing rep watches!), it will be much easier to spot the differences between (and inaccuracies of) ALL replicas; and you should then be able to choose the best watch for YOU.

2. If you are looking for something other than accuracy, then just spend time browsing ALL of the dealer's listings for Subs (note that some dealers list vintage models separately) and choose the one that jumps out at you. You will know it when you find it.

Happy hunting.

Edited by freddy333

@freddy.....very thoughtful idea, I think all newbie (including myself) should read that.

As I learn more, getting a rep is fun but also tricky....since they are not genuine you really have to know how to set a balance and adjust your expectation.

very true.....unfortunately I am handicapped,,,,so a trip out will have to wait. I have been to several sites and auctions featuring gens. I have also read up on the modding....new hobby alert!

I am in love with the white 1665. But noone seems to know where I can get one. So I am scouring the internet as we speak.