When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Preview - Breitling Aeromarine Superocean Steelfish

Pugwash

Ok, now photographers should be able to grasp the gravity of this statement moreso than non-photographers, so here we go...

This photograph was taken without a polarising filter and has had no Photoshop retouching used at all. It's straight from iPhoto.

219900-14817.jpg

As you can see from the traces of blue sky reflected, I've not even set up the decent light tent. No retouching, no polariser. The AR is that good.

Ok, off to the pub, but I thought I'd best shoot one shot for you before I went.

Crap.

I just saw these pictures, and then the pictures of the upcoming two-tone Evos (I already have one Evo, which is fantastic).

So I had to ask myself, what about a two-tone Steelfish?

I pulled out my Breitling catalog and..... nothing. There are no two-tone Steelfish.

Eventually I plan to add a nice two-tone to my collection, and I thought the Steelfish might be the candidate. But I will have to look elsewhere.

The problem with this forum is the constant wants and needs of its users like myself. I few days ago I thought I was done with my quality over quantity collection. I never even visited the Breitling section before today as I didn't care for the "blingy look" of the brand itself. However, after checking out the pictures of this steelfish with white face and brown strap, I need to add one to my collection as well...

Dang! :p

Guest paneraifreak

My blue SO has become my daily wearer.

Maybe Pug or someone else can comment on the bezel?

I read somewhere that the bezel on this rep is not put on the watch in the same way as other reps. In fact i feel the bezel on the SO is quite sturdy, in fact mine clicks nice and tight but there is no loose play whatsoever. Super tight on the watch!

I will also say the this rep is most likely the most solidly built rep out there: it is built like a tank! Yes, it is heqavy but it also presents its weight well: it not only looks manly/chunky but also feel like it can take a pretty good beating?

What do oyu guys think??