When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My IWC 3717 ***Images***

eunomians

Taken whilst waiting for new tires to be installed on my Bavarian Beast.

Not bad for pix taken in a waiting room - but it's hard to take crappy pix with a Leica coupled with a Zeiss lens.

The images have not been retouched in any way. What you see is how it is.

Excuse the dust on the crystal.

This watch is a beast. And it is lovely.

220849-14529.jpg

220849-14530.jpg

220849-14531.jpg

220849-14532.jpg

220849-14533.jpg

@cpt390.......that's it....no soup for you.......you promised me....you would never post that photo.......please consider yoursef off my Xmas card list.....!

PS....don't see you on Skype.......would love to chat with you again......:D

Edited by TTK

Yes, it's an EL special.

I have had numerous compliments on the watch since receiving it a few days ago. I am surprised. The only other watch that gets as much compliments is my mid-1960s GMT 1675. I even had a lady in line compliment me on my choice of IWC.

I have had numerous compliments on the watch since receiving it a few days ago. I am surprised. The only other watch that gets as many compliments is my mid-1960s GMT 1675. I even had a lady in line commended me on my choice of IWC watches.

What I mean is that this is the only rep that gets comments from random folks. A lot of my vintage OEM watches do get compliments though. Perhaps it remains an anomaly in this day and age to wear something that is 'old' as opposed to new.

Taken whilst waiting for new tires to be installed on my Bavarian Beast.

What I would like to know is............................

What kind of comments were the other people in the waiting room making about the crazy guy taking pictures of his watch? It couldn't have been filled with members of this board, could it?

The IWC Pilot Chrono is without a doubt Eddies personal project run of 100.

We will see how long it takes other dealers to get it.

I too, have gotten more comments on the looks of the watch on my wrist than ANY of my reps since the original 112 came down the pike. Up front and personal IMHO it is the nicest watch I own for good looks and feel on the wrist. With the nice alligator band it becomes elegant as well as 'Sporty'. Easy to read, and as close to the gen as anyone could ask, even with the misalignment of the day/date wheel.

Are there any new owners that don't like this watch?

I just received mine a few days ago... I agree, it IS a beauty!

I have already received 2 compliments on it, one from my wife (who don't hand out compliments on my watches unless she REALLY likes them) and one from a complete stranger at a cafe.

Problems I've found so far:

The movement stopped when the chrono was running.

The power reserve was horrible

The crown was very difficult to screw down

The watch was winding whilst screwing the crown down.

I will give the movement a week to break in, hopefully this alleviates the PR problem and chrono stopping

The crown/tub interface is a big concern to me, will do a few more times over the next week or so whilst breaking the watch in.

Other than these issues, It's a great watch, qualtity of case/dial, and bracelet are amongst the best I've seen.

My date wheel alignment is pretty good as u can see. I would like to install a correct font wheel though. I am sure this will be something that will become available. There are too many perfectionists around here to let this one remain as is.

My date wheel alignment is pretty good as u can see. I would like to install a correct font wheel though. I am sure this will be something that will become available. There are too many perfectionists around here to let this one remain as is.

But there is also the ASIAN 7750 movement...which I don't want to have.

But there is also the ASIAN 7750 movement...which I don't want to have.

The problematic asia 7750 is the running seconds at 6. Of course, there are 'normal' asia 7750's that have problems - it is the luck of the draw.

I admit that I have been lucky so far.

The best part is that you can drop in a genuine 7750 anytime you want. Easy solution, easy upgrade. Takes less than an hour to do it yourself. Will I be doing this upgrade? Yes. But I will wait for soome sort of datewheel modification first. This watch is so damn nice, it deserves to be kept in my collection permanently.

The problematic asia 7750 is the running seconds at 6. Of course, there are 'normal' asia 7750's that have problems - it is the luck of the draw.

I admit that I have been lucky so far.

The best part is that you can drop in a genuine 7750 anytime you want. Easy solution, easy upgrade. Takes less than an hour to do it yourself. Will I be doing this upgrade? Yes. But I will wait for soome sort of datewheel modification first. This watch is so damn nice, it deserves to be kept in my collection permanently.

Not so easy to swap the new Asian 7750 28800bph for and ETA 7750 as the hand sizes are different!!

Not so easy to swap the new Asian 7750 28800bph for and ETA 7750 as the hand sizes are different!!

If my Pilot ever arrives!! I intend getting The Zigmeister to do a swap over to swiss and he says it is not that hard to adjust the subdial hands to fit. The main hands are the same I beleive.

If my Pilot ever arrives!! I intend getting The Zigmeister to do a swap over to swiss and he says it is not that hard to adjust the subdial hands to fit. The main hands are the same I beleive.

That is what I was led to believe. Great news it is.