When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Daytona

jeff g

Well, I can tell you that the watch is overpriced. Especially after shipping fees.

If u want a reliable 6263 rep, get one with the Seagull movement (not the 7750). You'll get asymetric pushers, thinner case profile and movement reliability.

Subdial spacing will be incorrect, but not too bad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guy, i am in the hunt for a rolex cosmograph (vintage model #6263) replica

i was watching andrews, joshua and paul webs , and found some difference between the models like the stop and reset buttons, and the position of the subdials (or the size i am not sure), which one is the best please help if you can!!!

thanks

Well, I can tell you that the watch is overpriced. Especially after shipping fees.

If u want a reliable 6263 rep, get one with the Seagull movement (not the 7750). You'll get asymetric pushers, thinner case profile and movement reliability.

Subdial spacing will be incorrect, but not too bad!

Euno -- I have a Venus/Lemania version, which I thought was the same as the Seagull and it has symmetrical (evenly spaced) pushers. Do you know of a source for a Seagull-based non-Oyster 6239 Daytona with asymmetrical (non-evenly spaced) pushers? And for less than $300?

For me at least, the big selling point for the vintage Daytonas on this Japanese site is the fact that these watches DO have an asymmetrical pusher arrangement. And if you compare the $300 price to the cost (and time involved to locate all the parts) for a DW or EE, I do not see how you can say these are overpriced. Of course, this assumes that the watches on the Japanese site are what we think they are. Hopefully someone can provide more info or I will finally receive more from the site operator.

@Freddy333:

Some bad news regarding the japanese site... It appears that a good buddy of ours got scammed by them! Beware!

By the way, I do not know of a non-Oyster Daytona rep as of this time. There was, back in the day, a very nice bi-compax Poljot 3133-powered movement Daytona. This was many years ago now, and I have not heard about/seen one in a very long time.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Doing my research on the forum, I found this thread and thought it was worth breathing some life into it. Plus, I don't want to get hollered at for not doing a search by posting this outright. :)

I found a site, which actually looks like it's connected with another site that uses the same pics that has a nice group of vintage reps (at least from what I've been able to figure out so far. Here's the link

Some shots of what I'm interested in...

200832716422552402.jpg

White Dial Black SubDials Ref 6263 - Lemania

MOVEMENT: Copy Venus 75 Manual Handwind Chronograph movement

CASE DIAMETER: 37mm

THICKNESS: 12mm

DIAL COLOR: White Dial, Black Subdials with Silver Stick Markers

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel with single flip-lock buckle (Rivetted style bracelet)

FRONT GLASS: Dome Plexi Plastic Crystal

BACK GLASS: Solid caseback

BEZEL: Black Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: SS Vintage Oyster Bracelet (Rivetted Style Bracelet)

DATE INDICATOR:

GMT HAND:

OTHER REMAKS:

Water Resistant

Seconds : Running Secs at 9.00 subdials,

Chronograph

3.00 subdial - minute counter

6.00 subdial - Faux ( Needle is fixed)

2.00 pusher - start/stop chrono, 4.00 pusher - reset

20083271640169145.jpg

Daytona Vintage (PRE) Black/Wht - Asia 7750

MOVEMENT: Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph

CASE DIAMETER: 39mm

THICKNESS: 16mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with White subdials

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel with single flip-lock buckle (Rivetted style bracelet)

FRONT GLASS: Plexi Thick Glass

BACK GLASS: Solid caseback

BEZEL:

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Single Fliplock Folding Clasp (Rivetted Style Bracelet)

DATE INDICATOR:

GMT HAND:

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistant

Unfortunately these look like shots that could be found just any anywhere, and my preference obviously is to deal with and support those that are found here. One f the things that I really like are the simple/old style pushers on the bottom. I also notice that the crown on the Daytona doesn't seem right, too high, where the bottom one seems to have the right crown installed.

Thoughts?

*Other link that I found the same pics belongs to

"Big Big Watch"

• 3 weeks later...

here's my 6239 vintage, aged Daytona Paul Newman...poljot 3133 movement, black exotic dial...this watch actually has a 36mm case...a rare rep...

other pix and info on the watch available on this thread: vintage Daytona PN 6239 poljot

here's a side by side of the gen and my rep:

post-16947-1236875846_thumb.jpg

here's the watch and dial:

post-16947-1236875873_thumb.jpg post-16947-1236875893_thumb.jpg post-16947-1236875781_thumb.jpg post-16947-1236875795_thumb.jpg

here's the poljot 3133 movement:

post-16947-1236875705_thumb.jpg post-16947-1236875662_thumb.jpg post-16947-1236875642_thumb.jpg post-16947-1236875719_thumb.jpg

enjoy -- R