When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BOB Gator, is it any good?

ajoesmith

Hi Joe,

Funny you ask this today. I got mine yesterday for your JLC.

I sincerely think they're great.

I picked an IWC one.

Make yourself an opinion here. I shot some pictures of the JLC with Bob's.

I started to polish the case aswell to get rid of the brushed finish...but it's not yet what I want. I'm a newbie in everything, including polishing :2:

Cheers

Stephane

222334-14138.jpg

222334-14139.jpg

222334-14140.jpg

222334-14141.jpg

222334-14142.jpg

Here is mine on a PAM. I love it. I wanted a non-padded band and dark. This fit the bill perfectly and the price was good too.

It is the same model you are looking at.

222393-14128.jpg

Usil

Edited by Usil

i got the one for my breitling and it cracked between the scales the first time i put it on. based on my experience i wouldnt buy the gator straps unless they are real gator

We are talking about Merino BOB's anyway, not the standard kind. I can GUARANTEE Merino's are 100% real gator... I have the Vertigo series (obviously not gator but DDAAMNN!!) I think BOB (Mac) has some of the best straps for the money... see my review here..

http://www.rwg.cc/members/BOB-Straps-MAC-i...ING-t23231.html

i got the one for my breitling and it cracked between the scales the first time i put it on. based on my experience i wouldnt buy the gator straps unless they are real gator

I agree with you, most alligator grain straps look fake...except maybe black. The problem is often a too regular grain (due to the same pattern used for all)

I found however some pretty good on ebay, from a French manufacturer.

222567-14081.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got couple of BOB gator-grain straps, I never saw anything this good, let alone a good price. Compare to genuine gator, these stand up strong, perhaps it depends which strap/colour you get (I have dark brown ones). The other day I got a WatchBoys gen gator for a 111, as the BOB is too tick at the end for the PAM deployant. I can recommend the 24mm Breitling BOB for the 22mm Breitlints such as SW and SS.

That looks good but i was referring to the BOB marino gator like this http://www.waccex.de/catalog/product_info....products_id=607

anyone got it?

Thanks

I am owning such a marino gator strap but in a different colour: "cognac" with black edges. I am owning a dozen BOB straps and I can vote for any of them :thumbs: It will be hard to find better straps for these prices!

I've got several straps from Bob, some for PAM and some for Breitling. They have all been excellent quality and arrived in UK from Germany within a week. Had a gatoe one as a daily wearer on my PAM113 for nearly 6 months now and has been proven to be very durable and has loosened up and shape dto my wrist nicely now. My only problem is deciding which strap to buy next from them!! :)

• 2 weeks later...