When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my Omega PO 'Ultimate' today

Rolexman

I can't believe you can critique an almost unnoticeable (without reference lines and macro images) tilt in the logo when the entire logo on these watches is the completely wrong shape. I find that to be a much bigger issue. Also, mine looks perfectly straight :-P

Thanks guys... I know the logo ain't that far off

You are right with your pic Anreww & ChubbChubb....

I took two other pics as straight as I could.... it's kinda hard without my lightbox, so sorry for the poor quality.

I think it's fair to conclude that I'm a nitpick :bangin:

234845-11416.jpg

234845-11417.jpg

Hey RM if you look at the backside of the dial itself, you will see 2 prongs attaching the logo to the dial itself. It is possible to "ever so gently nudge the logo" to realign it to its proper position. Just take your time, and you will do fine :whistling:

Hey RM if you look at the backside of the dial itself, you will see 2 prongs attaching the logo to the dial itself. It is possible to "ever so gently nudge the logo" to realign it to its proper position. Just take your time, and you will do fine :whistling:

Thanks for the tip but I can live with it... If I try to fix it it will end up even worse (has always been the case) ;)

Edited by Rolexman

I am getting one of these in the mail and I am sure that it will have the same problem. When it comes to logos - i am really nitpicky. So - i would have to take the chance of screwing this up in order to fix it. If i didn't get it fixed - i simly would never wear the watch.

So - question for the board (since I know mine will be the same) - how does one take these logo's off? Hairdryer? i know that is has the two holes with which it attaches - but will keep it from coming off? What is behind these logos - glue?

Also - i was at the AD today - are the logos on the Gen 42 and Gen 45.5 they same size? it seemed that way to me.

Sorry for all the questions.

Look at my Logo..

Hmm, interesting :g: ok then since this is a nitpicking thread...aside from the alignment, your logo actually looks different to mine (2006 model U-PO) - yours looks thin and has a rounded almost 'bas relief' profile, whereas mine is bolder with flat profile.

On a more general note, I think there are three types of flaws:

Category A - Glaring flaws

Malformed pearls, iffy datefonts, bracelet gaps, broken clasps, DOA movements etc.

These are the flaws we should not accept and that the dealer should make right - QC rejects usually dropshipped. Replacement watch should be the norm.

Category B - Minor flaws

Misaligned datewheels, crooked markers, movement issues etc.

These are flaws that usually can be easily corrected by buyer, more often than not the easiest route (compared with shipping back etc.) and should be reconciled by dealer with either replacement part or an appropriate % discount on next purchase as goodwill.

Category C - Microscopic/Loupe-only flaws

Far too many to list here but the logo alignment showcased by the OP fits this category IMO. I don't think any of us have a right to demand dealers replace. If anything, I've sometimes reported an issue, just in case it was a wider QC thing which the dealer ought to be aware of (similar to adverse event reporting with medicines) but with no implied or direct request to be compensated. I think anything otherwise is poor form. These flaws, we all know them, we've all suffered with them....very often it's these and these alone that haunt our nightmares! But you know what, if there's one thing I've learned is that you shouldn't wind yourself up into a frenzy over such things. If you really can't see it with the naked eye then let go, crack open a beer and relax and enjoy this hobby and your life - the latter is too short by far.

Case in point, my grandfather once told me about the time he bought a new Bentley. He loved that car and drove it every weekend for a year. One day though he thought heard a rattle coming from behind the dashboard when idling. It was only intermittent and consequently drove him mad literally, trying to recreate it and locate the exact source. After 5 or so visits to the service yard without success, they finally announced they had found the cause and fixed it. Initially he was delighted, but soon after my grandfather sold the car he once loved so much - for him, the enjoyment was gone because from that point on, he was always listening for the rattle. Of course, he found out years later from the mechanic, there was no rattle. ;)

"Whatever you do with your life..." he used to say to me, "never ever listen for 'the rattle'".

Case in point, my grandfather once told me about the time he bought a new Bentley. He loved that car and drove it every weekend for a year. One day though he thought heard a rattle coming from behind the dashboard when idling. It was only intermittent and consequently drove him mad literally, trying to recreate it and locate the exact source. After 5 or so visits to the service yard without success, they finally announced they had found the cause and fixed it. Initially he was delighted, but soon after my grandfather sold the car he once loved so much - for him, the enjoyment was gone because from that point on, he was always listening for the rattle. Of course, he found out years later from the mechanic, there was no rattle. ;)

"Whatever you do with your life..." he used to say to me, "never ever listen for 'the rattle'".

great story and life lesson doc :victory: