When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received my Omega PO 'Ultimate' today

Rolexman

The watch is breathtaking and almost perfect. Yes almost, because I have a misaligned Omega symbol. A common problem on these models (especially the black-orange version). I asked the dealer to make sure the logo was aligned properly so now I ask you guys, do I have any reason to complain?

When I look at reviews like ByTor's and others it feels like I'm always having bad luck when it comes to these things....

Maybe I'm just a nitpick (blame RWG ;)) and there is no reason to complain...

If I'm honoust I would say the last. I just want to hear it from you guys :rolleyes:

Zoom in to take a better look...

223860-13685.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

I asked the dealer to make sure the logo was aligned properly so now I ask you guys, do I have any reason to complain?

It doesn't look that badly aligned to me. Still, this is just pictures. Maybe in person it'd be more obvious. If so, then yes, if the dealer agreed to make sure it was aligned.

Yes you do. With as many known quality issues on this model showing up regularly on the forum, the dealers have an obligation to make sure this does not happen. They simply have to become involved in these issues and expend a little more effort to make sure shipments are for good watches only. If they force you to have to send this back based on known issues - that is insane. They are members of this community and they need to ack like it. We are all not just customers, we are friends shairing a common hobby. We all need to act the part.

Usill

Thanks guys... I know the logo ain't that far off

You are right with your pic Anreww & ChubbChubb....

I took two other pics as straight as I could.... it's kinda hard without my lightbox, so sorry for the poor quality.

I think it's fair to conclude that I'm a nitpick :bangin:

223909-13679.jpg

223909-13680.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

Thanks guys... I know the logo ain't that far off

You are right with your pic Anreww & ChubbChubb....

I took two other pics as straight as I could.... it's kinda hard without my lightbox, so sorry for the poor quality.

I think it's fair to conclude that I'm a nitpick :bangin:

223922-13677.jpg

223922-13678.jpg

Looks good enough. There are worst cases, especially for the orange dial...

At the end of the day this is simple. You asked the dealer to make sure the logo was STRAIGHT because you KNEW about the issue. He has then sent you a watch which is NOT straight, so you have a right to complain as he FAILED the only thing you asked. It makes NO DIFFERENCE how crooked it is, it's not straight, like you asked.

However I have to say that I would probably just live with it, but the issue still stands that you were specific and he FAILED.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the same situation as you. Ordered my Ultimate PO (Black w/ Orange numbers) and the logo was crooked. I told Andrew and he immediately sent me another dial...it's better...but still not perfect, to me anyways. So, now I'd like to sell my brand new PO and the extra dial. I realize others can live with it...but I can't. And this definately isn't a knock against Andrew, his customer service was great!

Anyone looking for a PO?:)

It doesn't look that badly aligned to me. Still, this is just pictures. Maybe in person it'd be more obvious. If so, then yes, if the dealer agreed to make sure it was aligned.

Ref! Get yer glasses on!! "doesn't look that badly aligned to me". Strewth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Glad you made it to Scotland OK!! :victory:

Scott.

I doubt there is much you can do about the logo. In my opinion it is a bad bunch of dials that have the positioning holes drilled wrong, or the pegs on the logo are off. Whatever the case, all the black/white PO's seem to be suffering from this problem lately. If you have one on the way, chances are the logo will be slightly crooked (left side down). I really can not notice on mine without the use of a loupe or camera.