When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is my marker slanting ??

Guest mait

After last night's late n tired review . This morning i woke up and first thing i did was to admire my new TT sub . Perhaps i m spend too much time looking at the watch and also the lack of sleep . I m beginning to see that the 6 o'clock marker is slanting to the left !

Please help me determine if this is true or are my eyes playing tricks on me again :wounded1:

I hope Andrew wont be [censored] if i asked for another change :wounded1:

Is it slanting ?

20553-2362.jpg

Oh well , lets use the second hand to mark it and determine

20553-2363.jpg

20553-2364.jpg

I still doubt my eyes ... What do you think ?

Edited by mait

It does.

I got in the past a RX SD from EL where the text "Seadeweller ..." etc.. , at six was also a bit inclinated.

Ask Andy to change it back.

Note: keep in mind that rep makers can make the perfect rep but they dont want to do it.

It does.

I got in the past a RX SD from EL where the text "Seadeweller ..." etc.. , at six was also a bit inclinated.

Ask Andy to change it back.

Note: keep in mind that rep makers can make the perfect rep but they dont want to do it.

the 9 marker is also slanted down. i have a ss ym from el and my 6 marker is like that.

I think you will find that on most reps glued on markers are always mis-aligned, that is one reason

I shyed away from Rolax for a long while, and went with panerai.

To request refund however or exchange will only break the bank for our dealers..

as they will only be able to request another blind drop ship, which usually results

in the same, but this time in your 12'Oclock marker, which leaves a waste of expensive ems

and time,.. I know this from long experience.

The only logical recourses are to replace your face, with gen, request the dealer to

hand check a face for alignment, and ship it to you.

Last but not least, in future go to a dealer that delivers in person.

Though you will usually pay a premium for that service.

If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for it?? without sounding harsh it looks like a cheap rep and with the low end reps you do get some pretty grotty quality control issues.

@RT: Every Rolex rep I've seen the markers are glued *BUT* they have little pins that go into the dial, its normaly the holes in the dial that have been drilled [censored], you can fix this by removing the pins and just glueing the marker, but it will probably fall off overtime.

Edited by Davey

Hi guys

Thanks for confirming guys . Davey , a big THANK YOU for taking the effort to draw lines :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is the second rep from TWG after he sent me the first that the markers came off . Emailed him and we have the problem fixed ... funny thing is , i sent the first one which has perfect(well almost) aligned markers to the watchsmith to get it fixed .

Think i shant reveal the price here ... perhaps you might like to email TWG for the quote ;)

Now the first watch that TWG sent has been fixed n looks swanky !! I'll be sending the 2nd watch that TWG sent me as a replacement for the first back to TWG ... how ironic :rolleyes:

Edited by mait

I swapped my TT with silix cuz the 12 was slanted, and ended up with one where the M's don't line up and the SELs would be a pain in the ass to take out too since the pins are bent to hold them on :( haven't worn it yet, it's just a piece for my desk by my pc