When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh and Andrew selling the FER0002 for $218

Blackrain

I noticed Josh and Andrew have posted this "Hot" watch on their sites for $218, describing it as this month's "special". Considering the abundantly positive reviews the first few pieces have gotten, should we consider this:

1. A peace offering, as they likely could have priced the watch higher and still sold it?

2. A fair market price for a desireable piece?

3. They bought up all the units they could, knowing it is a "Hot" watch, got a good price based on volume, and it's business as usual?

For what it's worth, I have yet to hear back from other dealers about the availability of this piece, and I'm finding the price attractive.

Should I order one, crack the back, and post high rez macro pictures of the movement partially dissembled? Buy one and send it off to The Zigmeister for a complete tear down/service?

What to do?

226698-13053.gif

I noticed Josh and Andrew have posted this "Hot" watch on their sites for $218, describing it as this month's "special". Considering the abundantly positive reviews the first few pieces have gotten, should we consider this:

1. A peace offering, as they likely could have priced the watch higher and still sold it?

2. A fair market price for a desireable piece?

3. They bought up all the units they could, knowing it is a "Hot" watch, got a good price based on volume, and it's business as usual?

For what it's worth, I have yet to hear back from other dealers about the availability of this piece, and I'm finding the price attractive.

Should I order one, crack the back, and post high rez macro pictures of the movement partially dissembled? Buy one and send it off to The Zigmeister for a complete tear down/service?

What to do?

226703-13052.gif

LOL.

TTK has it, river soon has it.... no "buying stocks". Furthermore... why do you want to have it inspected? it is already describved as an asian movement.... Furthermore.... the movement is very well known..

It's just a good price on a nice watch. Order it from whoever you like and done...

listen to music, chill out, have a drink, a great evening (possibly some sex) and a good sleep.

Wake up, think, read all the cartel thing over again and make your decision.

That watch is available from every dealer now.

Putting the price so low suddenly is not a waranty of quality.

In one word: wait.

listen to music, chill out, have a drink, a great evening (possibly some sex) and a good sleep.

Wake up, think, read all the cartel thing over again and make your decision.

That watch is available from every dealer now.

Putting the price so low suddenly is not a waranty of quality.

In one word: wait.

Hmm, it would be nice to have music, drinks, sex, and the watch!

Of course it wouldn't have anything to do with being caught with their pants at their ankles.........getting their collar felt........and trying to ingratiate themselves with the members again.....and taking a pop at a certain outspoken dealer.....who [censored] in their Rice Krispies..... and just happens to have them and did a review just recently.....so tell you what.....let's lead with that.....decimate the price....and we'll look good again in everyone's eyes.......problem they have is that they can sell cheap.......but i keep raising the bar.......I pressure test them free of charge...every one.....if the customer wants water resistance service....I offer it......I check for regulation......if the customer wants accurate regulation.....I offer it.......and full QC checking.......QC,....Quality Costs......:D

Plus the fact that they are misdescribing them again......they're not 13mm thick....they're 17 mm thick....but perhaps they lose a bit in the drop shipping process.....or maybe they've chiselled 4mm off it...in order to save a bit of shipping costs .....so they can lower the price....!

:lol:

Edited by TTK

Okay guys settle down. I actually would like to commend Andrew for this. Its a very decent watch, at a great price. Also, for the first time in ages, the watch is posted here, as it should be. Be honest, and stay competitive. People will forgive if you make the effort.

Cheers,

andreww

Very surprised if people jump at this.

Just ordered mine from Neil. Staying away from the twins until an explanation and an apology is posted.

I had a PM exchange with a valued member in the last 15 minutes and said something like this:

Rather pay an extra xx $ to make sure:

1. Quality is top quality

2. Delivery is safe

We are all in various businesses aren't we ?

Whatever level: presidents, general managers, senior blabla...

We should all know that it is simply impossible to sell the same merchandise for 20, 25, 30, 35 % less.

Simply inpossible. It means: less quality or less service. If not, then it means bankrupcy (sorry I have no idea of how it should be spelled).

So make your choice. Quality or ...

I choose TTK (or would have piked up PT'one if I wasn't in business with Neil already).

218$ does not speak to me at all.

Ems speaks to me = custom seized => 90% of the time in my country.

Delay: I prefer to get mine in a month than get mine seized within 4 days.

My 69 cents (sorry for being horny).

Stephane

Okay guys settle down. I actually would like to commend Andrew for this. Its a very decent watch, at a great price. Also, for the first time in ages, the watch is posted here, as it should be. Be honest, and stay competitive. People will forgive if you make the effort.

Cheers,

andreww

Did Andrew send you a freebie then? LOL :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Did Andrew send you a freebie then?

You're new. You have a very low post count. I suppose that some allwances should be made.

On the other hand, I wish that comment had been made by someone I could appropriately respond to.

If you intend to remain here and bless us with this sort of [censored] Scottie, do us all a favor and beam yourself back from whence you came.

That was COMPLETELY out of line, and if you do getted bounced over it, you damn sure earned it in my view.

Bill

You're new. You have a very low post count. I suppose that some allwances should be made.

On the other hand, I wish that comment had been made by someone I could appropriately respond to.

If you intend to remain here and bless us with this sort of [censored] Scottie, do us all a favor and beam yourself back from whence you came.

That was COMPLETELY out of line, and if you do getted bounced over it, you damn sure earned it in my view.

Bill

I was having a laugh! :victory: Don't you worry yourself about low Post count, Bill - It is not necessarily an indicator as to a person's knowledge of our hobby!! I know how to behave myself on a Forum!!!

Scott.

Did Andrew send you a freebie then? LOL :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was very vocal in the charges against Andrew, he may not want to send me anything even if I pay for it.

@TTK - You made recommendations regarding Andrew & Josh's punishment the other day. I don't think its fair to take shots when they seem to be making an effort to comply with those recommendations.

@TJG - Thanks mate, I've got a thick skin. But if Andrew wants to send be one of those beautiful ferarris... :whistling:

Edited by andreww

I'd hardly call sneaking in and undercutting another dealer making an effort, maybe if they'd come clean about a few things and made some apologies first, and of all the watches they could have made a discount on you think they chose that one for the benefit of the members? you're a bit naive if thats what you think.

I'd hardly call sneaking in and undercutting another dealer making an effort, maybe if they'd come clean about a few things and made some apologies first, and of all the watches they could have made a discount on you think they chose that one for the benefit of the members? you're a bit naive if thats what you think.

Get a grip. TTK doesn't even have this watch, nor has he posted a price for the ones he has on order. Also, this is the "newest release" on his site, so why not post it here? Thats what we wanted him to do!

TTK's a big boy, and if he feels he is being bent over backwards, I'm sure he'll tell us about it. But don't go slagging these guys for everything they do. They have screwed up, but they have a long track record of doing things right.

Don't spit on their olive branch is all I'm saying.

Edited by andreww

From a consumer's stand point , the price cut on this very well built rep suppose to be a very good news. However, when you look at the response here one should realize how much damage they had done to themself. Poor thing.