When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6265 Experts Question

berti bissig

Hello, I bought this 6265 Rep with Valjoux 72 while my last holidays in asia.

I have read a lot in this forum about vintage daytona replicas, but I never have seen one like this.

Can somebody identify my 6265? Is it a DW, EE or something else?

I think, it looks just a little thinner than a DW.

Any comments welcome.

Many thanks!

227189-12953.jpg

227189-12954.jpg

227189-12955.jpg

227189-12956.jpg

227189-12957.jpg

Guest RiverwindMDS
Hello, I bought this 6265 Rep with Valjoux 72 while my last holidays in asia.

I have read a lot in this forum about vintage daytona replicas, but I never have seen one like this.

Can somebody identify my 6265? Is it a DW, EE or something else?

I think, it looks just a little thinner than a DW.

Any comments welcome.

Many thanks!

227195-12945.jpg

227195-12946.jpg

227195-12947.jpg

227195-12948.jpg

227195-12949.jpg

It's not bad, where did you buy it and how much did you pay for that?

Indeed- The caseband (mid case) looks quite a bit thinner than the DW and EE- Particularly noticable at the lugs.

Dial does not look familiar- The printing and coronet are not typical to the DW or EE, and the case engraving is not the same either.

Quite a few gen parts are installed...

Very interesting. And a very nice watch!

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for this?

Guest avitt

This case looks very similar to a couple that I bought from a seller in Singapore. The body is thinner, and the lug-to-lug length is a bit shorter than DW's. The dial looks like those commonly available from several sources, including Timeman. I particularly like the pushers...they are very genuine looking, and obviously better than those that come on the DW cases.

Interesting specimen. Looks nice to me. You did well pricewise if the movement is serviced and 'healthy'. :thumbs:

I have seen those watch shops in Vietnam. Very interesting items.

Now lads, here's a story for you. I did make a post of this years ago, you saggy old veterans might recall my anecdote:

Many years ago, there was a shady cobbler selling a plethora of military fakes (IWC Mark X, Rolex M.O.D. 5517, Blanpain 50 Fathoms, Omega SM300, Longines Greenlander, Omega WWW, JLC WWW, Breguet Type XX, Dodane Type XX or XXI, Tutima BUND/NATO, Sinn BUND/NATO, etc). This seller was the only source for the very faked M.O.D. issued SM300. And let me tell ya... This dude caused a sensation in the watch world. He was ripping people off left and right! I know that there were some people who went to Vietnam so that they could personally kick his [censored] for all the trouble this guy caused. Of course, soon after the success of this cobbler, a few other dudes started appearing on the vintage military watch market. Soon, all sorts of unique fakes/frankens were being made.

I myself was a proud owner of a faked British military issue M.O.D. IWC Type 48 made by mystery man. This was in the mid-late 1990's by the way.

so we need to move our attention also to vietnam....

very good ....but find a better dial...

can we see also the other side of the movement?

and the internal details of the case next the pushers?

i'm just curious.... :whistling:

If you can give me a source for a good rep dial,

I will take a picture of the inside and the other side of the movement

when I change the dial. ;)

If you can give me a source for a good rep dial,

I will take a picture of the inside and the other side of the movement

when I change the dial. ;)

my latest best dial comes from ebay... but here we have some expo where you can find these dial and more.....

i have an address in italy... but i suggest you to see the dial before buy it... if you are interested in knowing this address just PM me... i will surely share my info ...you can pay me back only telling where exactly have you bought this watch... :p

• 5 weeks later...