When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Amazing gift from Relaxman

By-Tor

A while back I got a PM from the fellow forum friend Relaxman, and he said that he wanted to send me something Omega-related... and asked my shipping address.

I had no idea what it might be. The package arrived today and I picked it up today from the post office. It was a big package...it appeared to be a book: and what kind of book!!!

228713-12627.jpg

"Antiquourum Omegamania"... over 600 pages of watch data. It contains huge pictures, model numbers, complete history and descriptions of all Omega models ever made. It also contains Antiquorum's estimated selling values of these watches, based on their previous sales.

Here's the related website:

http://www.omegamania.com/

Needless to say... being a huge Omega fan I was extremely delighted to get this.

It contains lots of beautiful vintage Omega models that I have never seen before. Some of them are familiar, but this book reveals lots of new interesting details about these watches.

All possible variations of the Broad Arrow:

228713-12628.jpg

All different "Moon Watch" models:

228713-12629.jpg

In-depth history of the Railmaster:

228713-12630.jpg

Lots of very desirable vintages. Have you ever seen the "Big Blue" Seamaster?

228713-12631.jpg

In-depth history of the Seamaster:

228713-12632.jpg

Bling Seamaster Chronograph. Very dressy, not the usual rugged SMP look.

228713-12633.jpg

Vintages (Ubi would like these):

228713-12634.jpg

228713-12635.jpg

228713-12636.jpg

Complications and tourbillons:

228713-12637.jpg

Some auctions:

Pierce Brosnan's preowned SMP:

228713-12638.jpg

Daniel Craig's "Ultimate PO" :lol:

228713-12639.jpg

In short: This book has everything. Even the quartz-powered digital Omegas (not the highest moments of the brand history). If you're a Omega fan this book is a must-have.

I'm amazed that fellow members keep sending me things. I got the Noobmariner from my mate Alextor... and now this! Can't say anything but HUGE THANKS to Relaxman, this was extremely generous of you... and really made my day! This is the greatest watch-related book I've ever seen... a real "Omega Bible".

So guys... if you want some "scans" (Puggy will like this) of some particular vintage model I'd be happy to take hires pics of the pages for you.

:g: hmmmm, ... is this book genuine or is it a replica ? Don't see any flaw .... for instance .... ^_^:p

congrats to you Rolexman for your generousity , and to you By Thor for your huge contribution to this forum.

Both of you gives a real sense of community to this place :thumbsupsmileyanim:

best regards from Xel B)

O my I want it back now ahahahhahahhahahaha

Hope it wasnt By-Thor lol

Nope. I'd never sell a gift. :)

I took the book to the office and I read it all through the day. It's really amazing.

Just imagine what kind of effort is required to make something like this. It's Omegas answer to John Brozek's "Rolex Report"... though the modern Omega models aren't covered here at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This thread deserves a BUMP.

I've been enjoying this book through the whole summer at my summer cottage. Once again I want to thank Relaxman for sending it to me. Thanks mate! :)