When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New date wheel for the Pilot Chrono

milwaukee

Well, the IWC pilot chrono seems to be getting some very favorable reviews. I am ready to purchase one myself. After having compared the rep to the Gen at the AD, it is obvious that the date wheel situation is a fairly big flaw. I have little experience with personally modding watches, but am more than happy to pay a professional. That said, do any of you know about another date wheel that looks better that would fit in this watch, or how we could make the request for one to be built.

Any thoughts, or help on this topic would be much apprecited. Not only by myself, but also by anybody else with this great watch.

Thanks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know how other owners feel about the date wheel, but having worn mine now for 2/3 weeks solid, I don't even notice it now, and I can't stop staring at the watch - it is sooooo good.

Tuesday seems to be the bad day - rest of the week is OK and SAT in particular seems to be spot on! I too would appreciate a fix for this, but don't let it stop you getting the watch - it is superb.

Hilts :play_ball:

Same here.....!! Let us know if anything turns out...I took mine to a local jewlery store today(4/4/07) to get the band changed to leather.....and man,(very rude I might add) the guy flat out told me "Nice copy".....he said the give away was the "day and date" font was wrong and unlaigned......Man I was ticked..:(...I guess I should have expected it...ahh wells.STILL A NICE WATCH....I hope we can get a fix...ASAP.....Anyone????

figure i would chime in and say that the day and date don't bother me one bit on this watch -- i really can't believe how much i like this watch -- the only way to describe it is that it has 'presence' in spades. it is such a simple design, but for me, the amount of white on the dial is really striking. hard to describe i guess.

Absolutely my favorite watch!!

The datewheel issue is moot as far as I am concerned. I hardly notice it.

To send it away JUST to fix this minor problem is unneccesary unless you are 'Mr. Must Be Perfect'.

My concern more is for the problems potentially involved with the 7750 movement.

If there were such a thing as a date wheel fix that was easy and painless, and you really had to have it, then bring it on...otherwise take what you get..and what you get out of the box is tough to beat ...IMO.

What a beautiful watch. Who ever influenced Eddie and his partner to rep this watch was a genius. Who knows, maybe Eddie is the genius.

• 3 weeks later...

hi there,

found this on the darkside.

these are the reference numbers for the black day- and date-wheels for the IWC Pilot Chrono on the website of Cousins UK:

www.cousinsuk.com

Item: Valjoux 7750 Date Indicator 3 o'clock White Figures On Black Background

Reference: VAL775025571WB3

Item: Valjoux 7750 Day Indicator 3 o'clock White Figures On Black Background

Reference: VAL775025611WB3

not cheap, but i think to get good day-date-wheels, is worth the money.