When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New date wheel for the Pilot Chrono

milwaukee

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do we know if these gen date wheels fit the asia 28800bph movement without modding. I may fit these to my asia model if yes instead of going to the expense of another 7750swiss. I want to use that in a Cousteau when I get one!

I can also confirm that the date font is exact to the IWC as the base movement they use is a 7750 and is identical to my 3706 date/date wheel. I assume the 3717 is the same base movement as the 3706.

I can confirm that ETA date and day wheels fit the asia7750. I received my watch today and stripped it down and fitted the new wheels inside. Ignore the chrono hands. I have got them out of alignment but wanted to post a pic of the improved date font.

240790-9925.jpg

I can confirm that ETA date and day wheels fit the asia7750. I received my watch today and stripped it down and fitted the new wheels inside. Ignore the chrono hands. I have got them out of alignment but wanted to post a pic of the improved date font.

240795-9924.jpg

Looks great! Glad you eventually got your watch :thumbsupsmileyanim: Like hilts I am also looking for someone who can fit my ETA datewheel for me.

You are the first to have done this mod! So that means that, for the time being, you have the most accurate 3717 rep in the world!

It looks really damn good. I cannot wait to get this mod done.

Anyhow, with this mod + OEM 7750 movement, the 3717 is a perfect rep. Wow, how impressive!

PS. A before and after pic would be great. Especially if both pics are taken at the exact same distance with the same cropping.

Thanks!! The watch is very good. On the negative side I don't think the bracelet feels as crisp as it should and also it's lighter weight than the gen but still good for a rep. I have taken some pics along side my gen3706 and will post them later on when I'm not so tired!

One comment though about the AR coating. It may not be as strong as the genuine 3717 but it is stronger than my 3706 in the same conditions. It is very effective under strong sunlight and bright halogen lights on both watches.

I have now corrected the the sub dial hands and the asian movement is running well. I will change to swiss soon but I'm going to wear it for a few days first.

Sorry guys I have very little time to do my own odds and ends watchwise and can't unforunately take on any work for other members plus I'm not so confident with other guys watches!!!!! If I bugger mine it my loss but I would not be good with another man's goodies! or ladies for that matter! :black_eye:

Is anyone offering to carry out this mod?? I'd love to have it done (and a service of the movement as well) but lack the skills myself.

Thanks

PS I'll be sending my Cousteau off for the same treatment as/when/if I get one!!

Hilts :play_ball:

I offer these services, my signature has all the info...

RG

• 2 weeks later...

.post-22-1179185809_thumb.jpgWell guess what?

I received my 3717 back from The Zigmeister today.

Had a movement swap, and lume. While fixing up the new movement he was able to adjust the day/date wheel. No need to replace it as far as I can determine. Look at the alignment in todays window. PLENTY good enough for me. As far as I am concerned this watch is a perfect rep. IMHO it is the best rep of the 20(+) that I own. I could not be happier. As we all know The Zigmeister is the MAN

hi there,

found this on the darkside.

these are the reference numbers for the black day- and date-wheels for the IWC Pilot Chrono on the website of Cousins UK:

www.cousinsuk.com

Item: Valjoux 7750 Date Indicator 3 o'clock White Figures On Black Background

Reference: VAL775025571WB3

Item: Valjoux 7750 Day Indicator 3 o'clock White Figures On Black Background

Reference: VAL775025611WB3

not cheap, but i think to get good day-date-wheels, is worth the money.

Can anyone tell me if we can source these parts from say, Ofrei.com by any chance? I was not able to locate those parts on that site. If anyone can point that out, I would appreciate it.

hi there,

found this on the darkside.

these are the reference numbers for the black day- and date-wheels for the IWC Pilot Chrono on the website of Cousins UK:

www.cousinsuk.com

Item: Valjoux 7750 Date Indicator 3 o'clock White Figures On Black Background

Reference: VAL775025571WB3

Item: Valjoux 7750 Day Indicator 3 o'clock White Figures On Black Background

Reference: VAL775025611WB3

not cheap, but i think to get good day-date-wheels, is worth the money.

What's the difference between the two items above? The descriptions are the same.