When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It has been said.....

Dutchy

It has been said that the white dialed Breitling Evolution is the most accurate version of the model.

May I ask why this is??

Sorry if this has been aswered, but there are quite a few threads on the new Evo and so I didn't know where to look.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Because it is all one color. ;) Truthfully, the graphite dial with red lettering has the wrong color sub-dials (should be the same color). Someone else should comment but I believe it is that type of issue on the other color dials.

Ah, see, we're getting closer already, thanks Kruz

WRONG... The black dial with silver sub dials is the most accurate!

The rep uses the wrong colour white! The gen is not white but silverish. The gen MOP looks kinda white but still isn't. The replica with white dial is sort of a tweener because it is white like the MOP but isn't MOP......

The graphite dial is also way off. The subdials are black while the gen has them in the same colour as the dial (like Kruzer said).

And we all know that the grey version is the wrong colour grey.... too dark.

Edited by Rolexman

I'm pretty sure that the gen white dial is 'white-white', not a 'silvery white'. I saw one in an AD that looked very white. Granted i didnt have anything to compare it to, but it didn't seem to be tinted at all.

Sorry b16a2.. I have the gen silver/ white BCE of my neighbour here.

230023-12379.jpg

IMO the 2nd gen BCE is more accurate when it comes to the right colour white (creamy white has more resemblance to the silverish dial).

Edited by Rolexman

WRONG... The black dial with silver sub dials is the most accurate!

The rep uses the wrong colour white! The gen is not white but silverish. The gen MOP looks kinda white but still isn't. The replica with white dial is sort of a tweener because it is white like the MOP but isn't MOP......

The graphite dial is also way off. The subdials are black while the gen has them in the same colour as the dial (like Kruzer said).

And we all know that the grey version is the wrong colour grey.... too dark.

Actually, the graphite dial version comes closest to the original in its colors. As the excellent chrgod review on this forum accurately says, the subdials are "a bit off," not "way off." You really have to look closely to see that they are black and not dark graphite. Much of this is real quibbling. There are a great number of color variations in the dials of the Breitling Evolution. :whistling:

Most accurate is the black dial with silver subdials.

I had the graphite version and the colour difference between the subdials and dial is clearly noticeable...especially in direct light..... believe me.

Edited by Rolexman

I had the graphite version and the colour difference between the subdials and dial is clearly noticeable...especially in direct light..... believe me.

True.. I have the graphite and yes the subs are black in direct light....not so much in other lighting. Actually flaw or not...this is the dial I prefer I think the contrast works the best and perhaps is the dial Breitling should have made, as the graphite dial and subs looks too washed out.

Haw about the model advertised HERE as "watch of the week? (scroll down) Is there a difference between slate-gray dial and black sub dials and graphite dial with black sub dials? :unsure:

Great discussion guys. I wanted to buy the white dial, but the producer of that apparently stopped making it according to a few dealers. Then I wanted the black dial with silver sub dials because it looks amazing. However, seeing that the graphite one on Trusty's site is the only one actually labelled as 1:1 Ultimate (I know they are all supposed to be ultimate but Andrew said that the graphite was the most popular and most accurate....it is beautiful), I figured the color configuration was most probably best on that one.

Anyway, thanks for this discussion, it is definately something I would love clearing up about :)

but Andrew said that the graphite was the most popular and most accurate....it is beautiful)

Dude.. do you believe Andrew over me? Black dial with silver subs is the most accurate! If you like the graphite version better then it's a different story but regarding accuracy it looses from the black dial.

Edited by Rolexman

Dude.. do you believe Andrew over me? Black dial with silver subs is the most accurate! If you like the graphite version better then it's a different story but regarding accuracy it looses from the black dial.

Did I say that? No. I simply stated what Andrew said to me, period. I like the black version better anyway. :)

I just wanted both sides of the spectrum, dealer and (potential) customer.

For me it's between the black/silver, white, and graphite.

I really like the black with silver subdials, but I've got other black faced watches, especially the HBB that is in some ways similar. I like the white, but I wish it was the silverish version. It would be no contest.

That being said, the graphite is appealing too. Bah!!

It's too bad that not many of us have actually held both reps to be able to say what looks better in person. A lot is subjective, but I truly believe that one of these probably looks better than the others.

Yes, there is.

Yes, I suppose that slate gray is somewhat lighter than graphite, but you really have to be picky. I wonder if even an AD would note these distinctions. :unsure: Also, was it possible to get the black dial with silver subdials with a Swiss 7750 movement? I don't think that Joshua had that combination.

Yes, I suppose that slate gray is somewhat lighter than graphite, but you really have to be picky. I wonder if even an AD would note these distinctions. :unsure: Also, was it possible to get the black dial with silver subdials with a Swiss 7750 movement? I don't think that Joshua had that combination.

Andrew has it.

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1300

Black dial with silver subs is the most accurate!

I can second that. Except for the flimsy concentric rings in the middle of the dial. The subdials are good and the black colour is really black :lol: I was a lucky guy by getting that dial because I am owning the "grey" BCE which actually seems to be brown :o I am going to swap the dial soon. If you like to get the closest version: Try to get a dial with arabic numerals! Also black with silver subs. These dials have no concentric rings (even the gen).